Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 7, 2012


Happy twelfth birthday, Marcie!

I wasn’t thinking about having a birthday party to go to on my first day back when we got home last night, but thanks to our shopping trips; I did have a cool gift for Marcie.

We started the day out with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam joining us for Tai Chi and breakfast.  I was really glad that we got to spend that time with them – especially since I was going to be busy with Marcie’s party after school.  Rowen got bonus hugs when I met up with her for the walk to school; and she loved the souvenirs I brought back for her.  There wasn’t much time to talk with her about my trip before school, and I made a point of not talking much about it with anyone in our class today; mostly because I didn’t want to let that get in the way of Marcie’s big day.

The election yesterday was probably the most talked about topic at school today.  I missed the mock elections they had in most of the grades, but then those results were about as irrelevant as the real election was.  Yes, that’s fairly cynical, but this election cost something like six billion dollars; virtually nothing changed; wouldn’t have changed even if the results had been different; and I could have put that money to much better use with our charities.  I’m really glad that our family and friends will be able to insulate our little town from the mistakes that our politicians are going to keep making; though I’d be even happier if what’s going on in politics around the world would stop making our charity work harder and harder to do.

That’s enough of that subject.  Let’s move along.

I was really glad to be back at school, and found out that I missed my friends even more than I realized.  It felt great to get back to playing saxophone too.  I would have signed one out tonight, but with Marcie’s party; I knew there wouldn’t be time to practice anyway.  Music was the best class, but I had fun all day; and this was probably the fastest Wednesday I’ve had so far this school year.

Marcie’s party was starting after school, so Rowen and I split up to get ready for it; and then we met up at my house so she could spend a few minutes with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana before we moved on to Marcie’s home.  I’m hoping that today was a case of ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ for me.  If that isn’t the case, then I’m starting to like boy-girl parties; and that kind of scary shouldn’t happen now that Halloween is over for another year.

While Marcie had invited boys to her party, she wasn’t having a dance, and the guys spent most of the time before dinner in the back yard tossing a football around while the girls mostly sat around on the back porch and talked while watching them goof around.  I was asked more questions about my trip while we were doing that, but I’m pretty sure that most of the girls lost interest when I didn’t have any stories about cute boys to report; though finding out about current shopping fashions at the Malls in Arizona was popular.

I know it was only four days of hot weather for me in Arizona, and we had a decent fall day here; but I was freezing the entire time we were outside; and was glad when we went indoors to have dinner.  That was a crazy hour and a half, and there was more scary from watching most of the guys as they demolished an astonishing amount of food and drinks.  Contrast that to the half-dozen girls in our class who eat like butterflies; and it’s even weirder.  My perspective on that might be different if I didn’t have a hyper-active metabolism – and the ability to control it; so I’ll just be glad that I can eat what I want and leave it at that.

Marcie liked the silver Navajo earrings I picked out for her in Arizona; though a new iPod from her parents topped her favorite gift list; and a bracelet from her boyfriend was a close second.  A bag of gummy worms was a gag gift from a couple of the guys, but they assured us that it wasn’t very long ago that all of the guys would have thought that gummy worms was an awesome birthday present.  A couple of the guys actually looked embarrassed about that; so they probably weren’t making it up.  I’ll ask Hannah sometime about whether gummy worm cakes are a big seller with the younger boys, though.  That part of their claim seems to be too gross to be true.

After we finished dinner, Marcie opened her gifts, and we demolished the cake and a tub of ice cream; we moved into the rec room to hang out, listen to music, and play video games.  Rowen ordered me to include the news that Michael and Lisa spent most of the evening hanging out together; which put both of them into the couples club.  I’m sure that Tim and Michael were both happy about that, but Lisa and Nora aren’t close friends, and while Vanessa may have moved on from Michael; she and Nora are still annoyed with him for messing up their original boyfriend plans.

While Rowen and I are not, thankfully, in the couples club too, there were still some other single girls at the party to hang out with, and we had a lot of fun through until the party started wrapping up at nine.

Rowen and I had homework to do after that, so I picked up my computer from home on the way; we did a quick party re-cap with Mom, Dad, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and the twins; and then continued on to Rowen’s house to do our work there.  That was a good plan for me, since Aunt Leanne wasn’t able to grill or tease me about the party and my continuing lack of interest in a personal love life.  It’s been such a great day, though, let’s just not go there.

Studying at my house would have been faster, since we could have kicked things up a Magi notch or two, but Rowen and I were ready for some alone time to chat about my trip and what she’d been doing while I was away.  For her, that really wasn’t much except work, hanging out with Mandy, and a lot of boredom.  We both think that we should do all future trips together, but convincing the parents of that might not be that simple.  We dragged out our work until shortly before eleven, and then I had to get home; where I didn’t end up totally escaping Aunt Leanne before Uncle Adam took her home and I headed upstairs for some Jacuzzi and computing multi-tasking.

I finished my language studies while in the tub, and left the usual nightly computing and this journal entry for once I was in bed with Mandy.  It’s getting late, but I expect to have quite a few late nights again for a while.  Thanksgiving is just two weeks away now; Dad will be in the city next week; and we are all going to have a lot of work to do to keep up with the usual work and get ready for incoming family.  I foresee a lot of yard work, cleaning, baking, and cooking in my future; and don’t need to use the Sight to know that.

There isn’t anything else to write about tonight, and I’m ready to crash, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”