Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 2, 2012

Today’s journal entry is being written for you live from Arizona!

Ethan and Ehlana seemed to be suspiciously unsurprised this morning when Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne came over for breakfast to spring the early birthday surprise on Dad, but then they were probably there whenever Mom and Aunt Leanne worked on their plans for the four-day weekend away gift.  I loved finding out about the surprise as much as Dad did, so I was good with not knowing about it early.

I seriously doubt that I want to know about all of the presents Dad got for his birthday today, but thankfully, Aunt Leanne made sure that he didn’t open those gifts around the twins and me.  Dad actually had quite a few gifts that had been left with Mom or Aunt Leanne from Violet, and some of his friends, so we all needed to rush around a bit by the time we’d finished eating; and he’d opened most of those presents.

We weren’t leaving for the airport until after Dad was finished work, so I had all day at school to try not to spend all of my time thinking about my first trip to see Grandma and Grandpa at one of their winter homes-away-from-home.  The tough part of the day was dealing with the fact that I wasn’t going to be sharing this adventure with Rowen.  It’s strange to think about it, but this will be the longest time Rowen and I have been apart since becoming best friends when I first started school in Witch Falls.  I’ll definitely need to do some special shopping for her while we’re here.

It wasn’t all daydreaming about Arizona sun and fun for me, since Mrs. Warren had been in on the secret; and not only made sure that I had the extra homework for the two school days I’d be missing, but had me write the two pop quizzes she’d be springing on my class next week too.  I had to pick up extra work from the rest of my teachers too, and had something to work on from every subject except music and Phys-Ed.  The good news there is that I had time between school and Dad getting home from work to get everything done thanks to a little high-powered Magi study time while I got my weekend bag packed and chatted with Rowen and Mandy.  Speaking of Mandy, she didn’t get to come with us either, and Rowen’s taking care of her while we’re away.  That was a last-minute change; and I think that Rowen and Mandy will both have fun hanging out together while I’m gone.

We had the van loaded and ready to go by the time that Dad pulled into the driveway.  He had Aunt Leanne with him, but we only had time for a quick round of good-bye hugs before it was time to hit the road for the airport.  That part of the trip wasn’t particularly exciting, but I haven’t been on an airplane in years, and this was the first time for the twins; so we all had a lot of fun with the whole airports and flight adventure.  Ethan and Ehlana charmed and entertained everyone around them; including Mom, Dad, and me.  The twin thing had a lot to do with that, but then so did the fact that they played with their iPads too while we waited at the airport, and when they could during our flight.  I practically felt invisible by comparison, but then that actually felt normal; since that’s exactly what Mom and I always tried to do whenever we travelled before moving to Witch Falls.

We split up at the airport in Phoenix so that Mom could get the car rental while Dad and I waited for the luggage.  We kept Ehlana with us while Ethan went with Mom; and it still took quite a while before we met up again and could load up the minivan.  More driving followed, with the only change being the warmer weather; and then, finally, we were at Grandma and Grandpa’s condo resort.  I’m sure there will be a lot more to see in the morning, but I was good with catching a glimpse of the beautiful pools, gardens, and paths that we passed on our way to our weekend home away from home.  Even with the time change, it was still after midnight, but Grandma and Grandpa were awake and welcomed us enthusiastically.  I know it hasn’t quite been three weeks since they left for Arizona, but we’re all happy to be together again for a few days.  It isn’t something I’ve really thought about, but Grandma and Grandpa probably haven’t spent many of Dad’s birthdays with him since he was eighteen – between him being away for college and work, and then their travels after retiring.  Hopefully we can help all of them make some memories this weekend to make up for all of those missed birthday moments.

We apparently have a lot of play plans for tomorrow, and though we stayed up and visited for nearly an hour before going to bed, I still wanted to take care of my usual nightly computing, including sending out a few email; so I’ve been doing that – and this – in Magi mode so I can wrap it up and get some sleep.  I’m sure I’ll have more to write about tomorrow, but not if I’m too tired to do more than have naps all day, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”