Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 23, 2012

You have to love any day that starts out with Tai Chi and a breakfast buffet at the Inn!

Part two of that was a surprise that the parents dropped on us this morning, and even Chris and Martin managed to get fired up about that news when it came during the wake-up calls that Aunt Melissa had Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Ehlana deliver to them.

There were hot drinks and snacks available in the kitchen while everyone took turns getting ready for the day, but with a big shopping and play day to look forward to; it didn’t take long for us to be ready to head over to the Inn.  It was an all hands on deck morning there, and while Miranda wasn’t our server, she did stop by a few times; mostly to have fun with Aunt Grace and Mark in a way that reminded me a lot of when Mom and I first moved here.  It also reminded me that I need to stop in and visit more often – something that I haven’t done nearly as much as I used to do when hanging out all the time with Rebecca and Jenny.

I wasn’t really thinking about just how big Aunt Grace and Mark’s news would be around town; and that it was the fact that Witch Falls would be getting a second young doctor so soon after Uncle Adam took over from his grandfather.  Aunt Grace probably got as many congratulations for that as she did for their engagement.  Dawn and I weren’t particularly close to that action, since we were sitting several tables away from them; but we were having fun with Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and the other kids.  We had some parental help getting plates filled, and then we were pretty much left to entertain ourselves while we ate.

The dining room was full, and seeing a bunch of my friends had me wishing that I could spend more time with Rowen; but she was busy with her family too, and she was spending at least part of the morning today helping her parents at the store.  We crossed paths a couple of times today while we were shopping, and it sounded like she’d been having a fun holiday weekend so far too.  I’m sure I’ll get more of the details tomorrow when she comes on the trail ride with us – or on Sunday afternoon at the latest after our guests all head home again.

We all had a blast shopping, but for the second big event in a row; I didn’t personally buy very much.  There was a dress and one dress pants and sweater set that needed to come home with me from Palmer’s that I’ll wear at Christmas, and a pair of shoes to go with the dress that I picked up at Taylor’s Shoes; but that was it for clothes.  I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts too, but will be saving most of that shopping for the kids’ Christmas trip to Crystal Springs in a couple of weeks.

Fortunately for my favorite store owners, the rest of the girls in my family were being much more active shoppers.  Mom and Aunt Leanne especially had fun, including playing dress-up with Ethan and Ehlana.  For Ethan, that meant meeting up with Dad and some of the other guys at Ayres’ Haberdashery, and matching clothes for him with some of Ehlana’s new outfits from Palmer’s.  So far, Ethan accepts that inevitability graciously; but we’ll see how many years that lasts once he’s old enough to care about what he’s wearing.

The guys were shopping for most of the morning too, but after meeting up for lunch with us back at home; they went to the park for the annual holiday football action.  Mom wasn’t going to let Ethan go along for that, but he really wanted to go; and I think that Dad was hoping that having him along would give him an early out from a cold afternoon outdoors.  I’d say that worked out for both of them; since we found them having a nap in Mom and Dad’s room when we got home from our post-lunch shopping.

We didn’t have much going on after finishing our shopping.  Dad and Ethan weren’t the only people taking afternoon naps, but Dawn and I weren’t interested in doing that, so we wandered over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s place to see what was going on there.  Catching Aunt Grace and Mark making out wasn’t part of the fun we were looking for, and honestly; I’m not sure where to file that little file in my photographic memory storage.  They were in a second-floor bedroom at the time, but the door was open when Dawn and I were passing by on our way up to the third floor.  I’m not sure how much Dawn saw beyond the lip-lock, but I’ll guess it wasn’t as much as I caught.  Her giggles definitely broke the mood for our aunt and future uncle, though I’m sure they had no problem getting back to what they were doing after we hurriedly moved on up to the third floor game room with the sound of laughter – and a door closing – following us up the stairs.

Chris, Martin, and Jonathan were playing video games and watching football, and there wasn’t much else going on in the game room; so our visit there was fairly short.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne were working in the kitchen, so we stopped for a little visit there; had a little chat in the living room with Michelle and Christina; and then headed home again to hang out in the lounge until dinnertime.  That meal was a combination of leftovers and one of Mom’s pre-cooked entrees.  We mostly had the same guest list as we did at dinner yesterday, except Violet invited Christina to eat with us before they were going to get together with Dillon, Jake, Stephanie, and some of their friends after the Inn was closed for the night.

Dawn and I were on the kitchen clean-up crew again tonight, and after doing that for an hour, we escaped to the lounge for some chick flick movie time with the girls while the guys returned to their ongoing football and gaming action.  We had a rotating group of Moms, Aunts, Grandmothers, and cousins with us in the lounge, and Jaimie and Kaitlyn started out watching the first movie; but were taken to bed when they fell asleep about half-way through.

The grandparents all headed home by ten o’clock, and Dawn and I were on our own by eleven when Mom, Aunt Melissa, and Aunt Alison decided that hanging out and cuddling with their boys in the living room would be more fun than watching another movie with us.  Since Dawn and Mandy are both passed out now, and I’m watching the movie by myself; we probably should have skipped the last movie too.

While I’ve managed to avoid most of the football action so far this weekend, I did still check the town intranet to find out how our high school team did in their playoff game tonight.  They were playing against Grand Summit, and though there weren’t many details posted yet; they won the game by a score of forty-seven to fifteen.  Next week, our team will be on the road again against Hillcrest; and they’ll be trying to get past the team that beat them in their season opener to get to the Championship game.

That’s enough football for tonight.  Tomorrow’s going to be another play day, with the trail ride tomorrow afternoon being at the top of my fun list – along with getting to spend the afternoon with Rowen.  There’s also going to be some future plan action going on; but I won’t be directly involved in any of that.  At the top of that list will be a meeting with Uncle Blaine to talk about his ongoing architectural work for the lab, and for the first phase of houses for the new section of town.  Aunt Grace and Mark will get a few more details about their new jobs too; and a few, smaller details will get taken care of while other certain people are in town for the holiday weekend.  All of that will mean a bit less play time for Mom, Dad, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam; but it will all be fun for them too.

I’m ready to wrap this up for the night and get some sleep.  It’s been another really great day, and just in case I don’t mention it enough; I really love my adopted family, and every holiday is better than I ever expected or even dreamed that they could be before Mom and I moved here.

That’s a great thought to drift off to sleep with, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”