Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 1, 2012

The orange afterglow from Halloween still kept us hyped up today at school – or more likely it was the sugar overload.

While chatting about our Halloween adventures was fun, we also got back to work in our classes too.  That meant more homework, and the assignment of new projects that would keep us busy through to the Thanksgiving holiday.  Rowen and I pretty much had a normal, uneventful day with the only break in the academic action our musical lunch break.  We were on our own for that today, so Michael must have been hanging out with Tim and the rest of their friends.  Maybe he was getting razzed too much about hanging out with two girls in the music room so often.

Rowen and I were both working after school, so other than stopping at the store long enough to say hello to her parents; I went straight home and got to work in the office.  Alicia watched Ethan and Ehlana while I was doing that, and Mom went out to do some running around town while she had the kid support.  I took care of my homework first, and then worked on the family business until dinner was ready.  Mom had gone with an easy-meal, so we had time to enjoy a little quiet chat time while we ate before cleaning up and heading to the Inn for game night.

Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam won tonight’s senior championship; and Aunt Leanne was particularly fired up tonight.  Maybe she’s just happy to be starting a new month, since that usually gives her a week or two of comparative quiet at work, but I didn’t hear any specific reasons for her happy mood, and trust me; sometimes a kid really doesn’t want to know the answers to questions like that about their parents or aunts and uncles.

Moving along, the only news from my usual nightly computing is that I started learning my next language tonight – Punjabi.  It’s one of the Indo-Aryan languages, and while I’ll learn all of the dialects; I’m starting with the Majhi dialect.  As always, I’ll continue to keep practiced with the other languages I’ve learned so far, but thanks to having the photographic memory; that really isn’t hard for me to do.

It does still take extra work to start a new language, though, and I’ve stayed up way past what should have been my bedtime tonight; so I’d better wrap this up and get a few hours of unconscious time in before I’ll need to meet Mom and Dad for Tai Chi across the hall.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”