Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cassie's Journal - November 18, 2012


It’s been a kid play and adult work day around our house today.  That’s been good for Rowen, Ethan, Ehlana, and me; and not so much fun for Mom, Dad, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam.

The work included finishing the holiday weekend pre-cooking, and Dad spent most of the afternoon, and part of the evening, taking care of his usual post-court-week work.  Since none of that was particularly exciting, there isn’t much else to add.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne had lunch with us after church, but were busy for dinner with his family, so all was fairly quiet here from dinnertime on.

I wouldn’t say that quiet was the word to use for our play afternoon.  Rowen and I had Ethan and Ehlana with us from lunchtime until she needed to be home at five o’clock.  We started out with a quick homework session in the lounge; followed that up with sax and flute practice; and then spent the rest of the afternoon at the park.  It might be a tough choice for the guys in town to pick between playing outside on a beautiful fall afternoon and watching NFL football with their buddies, but that wasn’t a problem for us; and having fewer boys around the park was a bonus for Rowen and me.

There were still footballs being tossed around out on the field, but there weren’t enough guys to have a pick-up game, and there weren’t any spectators watching the action from the bleachers.  We stayed away from that side of the park, and split our time between the playground and some exploring along the path and river.  We always have fun with playing on the swings and slides with Ethan and Ehlana, but I really love watching them when we’re exploring.

While my brother and sister are blasting their way through Grade Nine in their home education, one thing that they can’t do is have the years of life experience that most high school freshman have.  There are always new things for them to experience around the park, and it’s fascinating to see them in action as they match what they know with full-sensory reality.  I haven’t even thought about that for a long time, but I’ve been through all of this; and it adds a new perspective for me to watch Ethan and Ehlana now.

Of course that does still apply to me, though there are some big differences – like real life Grade Seven compared to when I first hit that education milestone.  I’m sure if I talked with Aunt Leanne, she’d tell me that this has a lot to do with my disinterest in crossing over; so it’s probably a good thing that I have no intention of talking to her about it.  The added perspective might help me look at my own experiences a bit differently; so I do plan on spending some time thinking about and studying this – the education-experience gap, not the crossing over issue.

I don’t have much more to report.  We had a quiet dinner; Mom did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me while Dad finished his work; we had a little play time after that until it was time to get the twins tucked in for the night; and I’ve been in bed with Mandy and working on my computer since then.

It’s nearly midnight, and I’ve had enough fun; so I’m going to wrap this up and get some rest.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”