Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 8, 2012


Kyle Landry is the school hero again this week thanks to his three defensive touchdowns from two interceptions and a take-away fumble recovery.  Those were just the highlights, and he helped our team to a forty-five to twenty win over Blossom Creek.  With all of the weirdness from last Monday, I skipped writing about our team’s away game loss to Ridgeway, and I can assure you that the boys at our school are a lot happier on the Monday after a win.

Some of the guys that had gone to Sally’s party instead of the big game took some razzing today, with Tim Landry probably taking most of the heat in our class for missing his cousin’s game to go dancing instead.  I don’t know if he tried to do anything to defend his reputation with the other guys, but Nora probably helped him out by talking about making out with him in the hayloft with her girlfriends.  I’ll move on without writing about all of the party chat news.  Some parts of those conversations had Rowen seeing red – and I’m not talking about when she looks at her hair in the mirror.

The younger kids at school were all excited about the upcoming fall festival, and once football and parties talk was pretty much exhausted; the festival moved up to the top of the conversation list for the rest of us.  For this year, the big change with my classmates is making plans for the big weekend that include dating.  Rowen and I stayed as far away from all of that as we could, though we still hear most of the girl chat; and know the supposedly most important dating-game news.

While our actual education might not be as exciting for most of us, including me, and I don’t write about it much; we are actually keeping busy with our class work too.  Music may be the only subject that’s actually new and challenging for Rowen and me, but we still have fun playing at being two of the top students in our year.  We’re into nearly daily quizzes or tests in one subject or another now, and though that makes for stress for some of our classmates; tests are not a problem for us.

Rowen and I got our homework out of the way after school, and then took Ethan and Ehlana to the park.  Yes, football was involved; Ethan ‘played’ one down with a little help, as usual, from Michael; Ehlana happily spent some time with the girls; and then we went to the playground and kept entertained until it was time to go home for dinner.  It was Magi Healing lesson night, and we had an easy clean-up meal so that we were ready to go when Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne came over.

We had fun with our lesson, but it’s been all work for me since then.  Mom and Aunt Leanne took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed, but I came up to my room and got started on my study plans; starting with my archive reading assignment from the healing lesson.  I moved on to my language studies and a chat session in Portuguese about an hour and a half ago; finished my usual nightly computing; and once I finish this, I’m shutting down for the night in more than one way.

I haven’t done a family update in a while, though there really hasn’t been much news to report.  Violet’s coming home for the festival this weekend, but won’t be bringing Dawn and Jillian with her this year.  They may come with her for the Haunted Halloween walk weekend, but that hasn’t been confirmed yet.  I haven’t been able to get confirmation on it yet, but there is some hints that Aunt Grace and Mark are doing a weekend get-a-way the weekend after next.  Maybe they’ll even find some time to talk about their job offers here while they’re together.  It could happen – maybe.

There isn’t much news getting to me about Chris and Martin, and what is involves girls; so I’ll just move along.  Jaimie and Kaitlyn keep me updated on what they’re doing at home, and their little brother reports are the most entertaining.  Jayden is apparently well into the terrible twos; and his big sisters are not exactly enjoying the experience.  Other than Jayden’s frequent temper tantrums, though, everything seems to be going great for the Granite Park members of the Proctor family.

Okay, I’m hitting the wall fast, and it’s time to crash for a few hours.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”