Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 17, 2012

This sure hasn’t felt like a normal Wednesday; starting from this morning; when I had a pair of hecklers trying to distract me while I was practicing my Tai Chi.

That was only fun because Patrick and Scott got frustrated when nothing they tried worked; though that minor defeat didn’t keep them from doing their very best to annoy Rowen and me until we left for school and they needed to play it cool while in public.  Getting away from that was good, but then we traded that for observing the ongoing Grade Seven dating game that, now that I think about it, is about as new, clumsy, and disharmonic for my participating classmates as playing musical instruments is for most of us.  I’ll just keep that little insight to myself; since I’m sure at least some of my friends would just decide that they need to put in extra practice time – and I’m not talking about improving their music skills.

The best part of my day started after school.  Rowen and I did a long snack and story time with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; getting the kid-rated version of Mom’s night in Crystal Springs.  Our favorite stories were about Aunt Leanne’s birthday dinner – including hearing all about how Angela and Terry’s first few weeks of parenthood were going.  It may have been Aunt Leanne’s birthday party, but Valerie was apparently the most popular girl at their table last night.  I’m glad that they all had a fun night, and still really don’t want or need to know the details; but Mom was not that happy because of a good meal with some of her favorite people and an evening spent with her and Dad each working in his hotel room.

Moving on, since our after-school break took longer than usual, Rowen and I didn’t have as much time to play as usual, but we still took Ethan and Ehlana to the park for nearly an hour.  Since Wednesday is a work night for Michael, he wasn’t playing football, but Tim Landry stepped up and helped Ethan with playing one down; but Ethan had everyone laughing when he fumbled the football – or basically dropped it – to one of the boys playing defense; and then giggled the whole time while Tim unsuccessfully attempted to stop the ensuing touchdown while still carrying Ethan.  Since that earned him some bonus points with Nora, I don’t think that Tim minded giving up the points or the razzing from the guys.

Mom had Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, Aunt Deborah, and Uncle Nick over for dinner, so after walking Rowen over to the computer store, I took Ethan and Ehlana home; and then helped with the cooking until Aunt Leanne came over after work.  Story time at dinner was more about the night in Crystal Springs and how Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah had done with their first overnight adventure with the twins.  By then, Aunt Leanne had heard about Michael’s lunchtime music practice with Rowen and me from somebody; and spent some time teasing me about that too.  After that, I’m seriously thinking about being sick for game night.

Uncle Adam and Aunt Deborah needed to get to the clinic right after dinner, but Aunt Leanne and Uncle Nick stayed long enough to help Mom and me with the cleanup before heading out too.  Mom did a long Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me that I was actually the one teaching to the twins while Mom supervised, and then we did the full bath and bedtime routine.  Mom and I both needed some Jacuzzi time once Ethan and Ehlana were in bed; and I’ve been working on my computer too since climbing into the hot, swirling water.

I’ve finished my archive reading and the usual nightly computer check, but need to get out of the tub now before moving on to my language studies; so I’m going to wrap this up now.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”