Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 25, 2012


It was apparent this morning at school that I am not paying as much attention to the world of sports as I should.  Yes, I knew that the World Series started last night, and that the Giants beat the Tigers, but either every other kid in town watched the game; or I was the only one willing to admit that I didn’t.  I’ve mentioned before that while I love playing baseball, or cheering for Mom and Dad’s team, I don’t really like just sitting around and watching it on television; so I don’t plan on watching the rest of the games either.

Ditto that for tomorrow night’s home football game.  Our nice warm weather moved away this morning, and by game time tomorrow; it’s going to be downright chilly.  Football talk around school was about tied with the World Series for top stories, but in this case, I wasn’t the only girl to decide that sitting on bleachers in the cold for two or three hours before going to the dance didn’t sound like fun.  Since Rowen and I were going to be having Dawn and Jillian with us for the weekend, that gave us an extra excuse – I mean good reason – to miss the game.

Other than sports news, there isn’t much to report from school.  We had one test; more Halloween-themed fun; and Rowen, Michael, and I spent most of our lunch practicing in the music room.  The only change from our regular Thursday for Rowen and I was the after-school Halloween costume session with our Moms while Alicia took care of the twins.

I haven’t written about the ongoing progress for our Halloween costumes yet, but since the dance is tomorrow night; Rowen and I needed to get our gowns and costume accessories finished tonight.  It would be more accurate to say that our Moms got them finished for us, with a little help here and there from Aunt Leanne and Grandma Emerson earlier this week.  I’ll take a wild guess that Aunt Leanne’s contribution to the effort is directly responsible for why Dad suggested that we should wear some kind of jacket or wrap with the gowns after he saw Rowen and me wearing them when he got home from work.  That was a great compliment, while at the same time, at least a little bit, I agreed with him.  Maybe we shouldn’t have given in to Aunt Leanne on this and just gone with the Hogwarts robes we’ll be wearing for the school party and Halloween night.

Oh well, it’s done now, and the gowns do look great even if there’s a bit less of them here and there than either Dad or I would like.  Rowen doesn’t share that opinion; and really loves her costume.

Since we already had half of the Emerson family at our house, we had Rowen’s Dad and brother come over after closing the store for the day; and we had dinner together.  Though Rowen’s parents don’t go to game night all that often, they decided to join us tonight; so after eating and cleaning up, we all walked over to the Inn.  Miranda had the dining room decorated for the holiday; there were some game changes for this week only; and at least two dozen Halloween treat options from the Olde Bakery.

That couple of hours of fun more than offset the extra work I needed to do after getting home.  The only thing that kept my get-to-sleep early plans for this week on-track was that I used more than a little Magi power to do that extra work at hyper-speed.  It’s amazing how much work you can get done while in a time-phase, but the down side is that it still feels like you worked hard for six or eight hours in real time when you’re done.  I’m back in real time now, but finished my family business work; and the equivalent of an hour or so each of archive and language studies.

Since that six or eight hours worth of work came at the end of an already long day, even though it isn’t midnight yet; I’m exhausted.  It just wouldn’t be good if I needed to go home early from the dance because I was falling asleep, so that’s going to be all for tonight.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”