Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 12, 2012

This has really been an awesome day!

It was a fall-weather kind of day too, but that just meant that we needed sweaters and jackets to stay warm while we played; and hot chocolate and cider were more popular than cold drinks.  We had a lot of classmates and friends taking advantage of the cooler temperatures for some cuddle time both during the day and at the teen dance; but I’ll get to that a bit later.

With such a cool start to the day, our teachers took their time getting us organized and ready to walk over to the park from the school.  The first weird of the day in our class was having boy-girl buddy pairs and groups – especially since Rowen and I were the only girls or guys-only group.  Everyone else was in a group of four or more, with equal numbers of boys and girls; and about half of them were ‘officially’ on a day-long date.  That extra time meant that we weren’t even the first group of kids at the festival.  There were four buses parked across Quarry Road from the park; and we soon found out that it was the students from the school in Brookbridge that had beaten us to first rides this year.  All of the schools in the area were doing field trips to the festival, but that just helped make everything more fun; and Rowen and I liked getting to meet and talk with some of the other kids while waiting in the small line-ups for rides; or when we played games.

KidZone waited until after lunch to bring their kids to the festival, so Rowen and I had a few hours to play on all of the thrill rides; play games; and have a hotdogs and fries lunch before spending an hour with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi.  Mom and Liz came along with us, since they were both volunteering to help out with the KidZone group.  Going on the kiddie rides wasn’t as exciting as the big rides, but Rowen and I loved playing with Naomi and the twins.  Ehlana and Naomi had us take them on the carousel three times, so I’ll guess that was their favorite ride, while Ethan liked the monster truck, car, and helicopter rides the best.  We all went on the Ferris wheel once, and Rowen and I did a total of three trips down the super slide to take each of the kids down twice.  When Mom and Liz met up with some of the other volunteers and their kids, Rowen and I left them and got back to doing the thrill rides again.  Our favorites were the drop tower, Fireball, and Zero Gravity; though I loved all of the rides, and Rowen only stayed away from the rides that spun around in too many directions at once.

Rowen and I had nearly three hours left to play before we met up with Mom, Dad, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, Ethan, and Ehlana; but we ended up deciding to meet them at home so we could warm up for a while and drop off the prizes and treats we’d collected by then.  Ethan and Ehlana had been napping when we got home, so we did their wake-up call too; and heard about the rest of their day while waiting for Dad, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam.

Dinner was at the park, and by the time we’d finished eating, Violet had gotten to town; met up with Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie; and caught up with us at the park.  They all joined us for a few rides, including going on a couple with Ethan and Ehlana; but then they went off on their own for the rest of the night.  We traded them for Rebecca, and I loved getting to spend some time with her even though she was mostly going on rides and playing games with us because she didn’t want to be a fifth wheel with Jenny and Shane, or any of her other friends and their dates.

Rebecca, Rowen, and I played with my family until the teen dance started, and then we needed to make an appearance there while Ethan and Ehlana took the grown-ups home after a long, busy day.  That – going to the teen dance – was where the weird really got going for us, but we mostly had fun with that too tonight.  Rowen thinks that the top of my weird list should be finding out that while Rebecca was hanging with us while Jenny was on her date with Shane, she quietly advised us that Michael had been spending the day with Vanessa because Tim wanted to hang out with Nora; and she’d apparently told him that would only be happening if Michael paired up with Vanessa.

Next up, but closely related, was my one and only boy-girl dance.  It will probably be a waste of time to ask her, but I strongly suspect that my dear Aunt Leanne had a hand in making that happen, since I’m positive that Stephanie and Violet did not come up with the idea to get me dancing with Jake; Michael dancing with Stephanie; and then trade dance partners with timing that made sure that Michael and I were stuck together for about five minutes before we could escape the set-up.  I knew from that contact with him that his day hadn’t been going very well, and that he was actually happy about dancing with me; but I also didn’t need to get close to Vanessa to know that dancing with another girl was not going over well with her.

Now that I think about it, Aunt Leanne’s little matchmaking plan could have been aimed at Vanessa as much as at me.  If that’s true, I’d say it was about fifty percent effective.

After leaving the dance floor, I was ready to escape from the dance, and Rowen happily went back to the midway with me to ride the weirdness out of our systems.  I say ‘our’, but I doubt that happened for Rowen.  She hasn’t come right out and admitted it to me, but my best friend crossed over tonight, and didn’t come back this time.  Watching that happen to my best friend has been as scary as it was when Rebecca and Jenny went through it.  The circumstances are different, because Rowen is dealing with the combination of crossing over; extreme shyness; and having a thing for a boy who is basically oblivious to her and possibly officially dating one of our classmates by the end of tonight – if what we observed at the dance was any indication.

Getting back to the festival for a minute, Rowen and I ended up skipping the rest of the dance, and split our time between the rides and games with one long break for hot chocolate and a snack.  The dance ended at eleven-thirty, but the midway was open until midnight to give everyone time for one last blast of fun before going home for the night.  Rowen and I were ready to leave by a bit after eleven, and left for my place along with a handful of other kids and teens that were cold and ready to get indoors and warm again.  It started spitting rain while we were walking, and was sprinkling by the time we reached my house, so our timing turned out to be just about perfect.  Everyone still at the park likely ended up both cold and wet if they stayed until closing.

Mom and Dad were still up and working in the office; so Rowen and I stopped in there to give them the recap for what we were doing after they went home.  That took about fifteen minutes, and then we came up to my room and got ready for bed.  We’ve been cuddling with Mandy since then; surfing the net on our computers; and having a long telepathic chat.  Rowen might not be ready to talk to me about crossing over, but she definitely wanted to vent a bit about a certain boy who shall continue to remain nameless in the digital pages of this journal.  Mandy had some suggestions for Rowen, but her ideas definitely wouldn’t work as well on humans as she assures us they do with cats.  I’m fairly sure that I don’t want to find out how she knows about things like that; since I thought that her experience with boy cats was close to zero.

Yes, I’m sure she’d tell me if I asked; but I’m not going to do that.  This is definitely something that a girl does not need to know about her cat!

While I’ve been doing this, Rowen’s been checking the weather forecast; and it does not look good at all for tomorrow.  They’re calling for a lot of rain, and for it to keep raining from now until late tomorrow evening.  It’s supposed to be warm and humid too, but that won’t help unless there are long breaks with no rain.  The country dance tomorrow night; and most of the shows, displays, and competitions are in pavilions, so all of that will still be going on even if there isn’t a big turnout because of the weather.  Today was good, though, and Sunday’s supposed to be another beautiful day, so I hope that everything will work out – especially for everyone who has worked so hard to put the festival on for us.

Rain or shine, we’ll be spending a lot of time at the park tomorrow, so Rowen and I need to get some sleep.  It would have been nice to talk with Violet for a while, but she’s still downstairs with Dillon; and they probably aren’t talking much right now after having almost no alone time together since the end of summer.  I really don’t want to go there and risk taking any of today’s weirdness into my dreams tonight, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”