Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 18, 2012

We’re mostly back to normal today, though from my perspective, that’s not necessarily a good thing when it comes to life as a tween.

Mom and I exercised before Ethan and Ehlana were awake, and we had a fun, quiet morning together before I headed out to meet up with Rowen and get to school.  There isn’t much to report from our Grade Seven class, though Rowen will tease me if I don’t mention that Michael practiced with us in the music room at lunch again.  We had fun, and though I’m sure that Aunt Leanne won’t be the only person teasing us about it if Michael starts practicing with us regularly, I like playing music with Michael; and wish everyone could just let us be friends without attaching any compounds like ‘boy’ or ‘girl’.

Since that wish probably won’t happen, let’s move on.

Since Alicia was working with Mom after school, I was free to concentrate on my family business work, and except for a quick break before getting started, I kept busy in the office straight through until dinner was ready.  Ethan and Ehlana entertained Mom and I while we ate, and got to help out with the clean-up when Mom combined that with a short telekinesis lesson for them.  We’d had a late meal, so by the time we were finished with that, it was time to head over to the Inn.

Mom was partnered with Miranda for the night, as usual when Dad was away, but that didn’t earn them a championship this week.  Rowen and I did about as well as usual, though that doesn’t really mean anything, since we play to end up in the pack with the rest of the kids our age.  Sometimes it would be nice to play as well as we could, but I’m used to that not being an option.  We weren’t surprised when Vanessa didn’t come to game night with Nora, but her absence just made things a bit weirder – at least for Michael and me.  For him, it was because Tim had a new partner to play the games with; and for me, it was because Aunt Leanne regularly teased me about arranging to find a new partner for Rowen so I could help Michael out in his time of need.  Add to that a couple of sax jokes after she found out about our lunchtime practice; and she was on a roll tonight.

Yes, she was scaring the niece; but didn’t seem to have a problem with that.

It’s going to be a yard and house work weekend, so after getting home; helping to get Ethan and Ehlana off to bed; and coming up to my room; I’ve been putting in a few more hours of work on my computer.  Only part of that was family business, and the rest of the time I’ve been working in the archives and studying languages.  I’m enough ahead to skip working this weekend if needed, but it’s nearly two-thirty; and it’s been a long day, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”