Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 4, 2012


Rowen and I are both having issues today.  She temporarily crossed over and back again two or three times today; and I had Aunt Leanne trying to push me over while we were at the Inn.  I really don’t want to miss out on our Thursday night out, but skipping game night for a while is looking better and better every week.

Avoiding boys and boy talk among the girls had Rowen and I hiding in the music room again during lunch, and we were both glad that it was a work night after school.  The work was fun for me, since I got to help turn a potential Halloween overstock loss into a profit after getting two of my companies together to work out a deal.  The rest of my work was Christmas-related, and that still seems weird to me; but it is cool getting to know ahead of time what my companies think will be the toys, gadgets, and clothes that are hot this Christmas.  Sometimes I put in my two cents worth when I think they’re wrong, but they’ll never know that advice is coming from a kid’s perspective.

It was quick dinner night, and Mom had Alicia’s help; so I worked until dinner was ready; helped with the cleanup; and then we walked over to the Inn with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Rowen.  I’m beginning to think that the competition for the game night championship is just a side show to the real action going on in the dining room – at least for too many of the tween and teen players.  Vanessa and Nora were happily continuing their pursuit of Michael and Tim, but they weren’t the only girls or boys playing that game.  I’m fairly sure that Jenny’s picked her next boyfriend, and since he wasn’t a game night regular either; it seems he’s interested in her too.  I already mentioned that Aunt Leanne was attempting a little matchmaking for me, and even though I did my very best to side-step her efforts; she still managed to put Michael in my path – or me in his – three times.

I love you, Aunt Leanne, but please stop it – you’re scaring the kids!

I can wish for the impossible, can’t I?

Moving along, there was no game night glory for our family this week, and even with the little problems Rowen and I were having; we still had fun.  Dad had work to do after we got home, so I helped Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed, and then I came up to my room to get started on my nightly computing and some extra studying.  With the party tomorrow night and a big yard work weekend ahead, I don’t expect to have much time to work in the archives or on my languages, so I put in an extra hour on both; and it’s now going on two o’clock.  Falling asleep at Sally’s party wouldn’t be good, so I’d better wrap this up and get some rest.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”