Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 10, 2012

If you’re a kid or teen in Witch Falls, the only story today is the arrival and set-up of the first rides for the fall festival.

By the time we were set free from school for the day, there were a handful of trucks at the park, and there were teens hurrying over in hopes of getting one of the jobs that were always available for locals to help out with setting up and running the rides and game booths.  Rowen and I went home first to get our homework out of the way, but that didn’t take us long; and then we took Ethan and Ehlana along and joined the gang of spectators watching the set-up action that was nearly as exciting for us as we expected the weekend to be.

The boys weren’t even interested in playing football today, though the football field wasn’t open for them to do that anyway; and that was a bonus as far as Rowen and I were concerned.  Unfortunately, they made up for that by having too much time on their hands to annoy us instead – I mean try to impress all of the girls with some extreme goofiness.  That’s not much of a trade-off, but since most of the girls seem to enjoy the show the boys put on for them as much as they like watching them show off playing football; I don’t see sanity returning to my classmates and friends anytime soon.

Mom and Dad haven’t told us any of the details, and they’re not directly involved in the festival planning, but I do know that our family business is sponsoring a couple of the thrill rides this year as part of the community involvement we’ll be doing for our new business interests.  The coolest rides being set up today were a drop tower, a fireball ride, and a zero gravity; though part of the reason we thought they were the coolest was because they’re all new rides for the festival too.

There are new kiddie rides this year too, and the twins were more interested in that, since going on the big thrill rides wasn’t an option for them.  They suggested that playing on all of the rides actually was possible for them if Mom and Dad would let them use a little Magi power, but that isn’t going to happen for them any more than it did for me when I tried that line out on Mom when I was little.  It would be awesome if they could, though!

We stayed at the park until it was time to go home for dinner, and after splitting up to do that; Rowen and I met up for another visit to the park after we ate, and spent nearly another hour watching the ongoing work.  Mom, Dad, and I all spent some time playing with Ethan and Ehlana after I got home again, and their bedtime routine included baths tonight.  Mom did a Magi lesson with me after the twins were in bed for the night and while Dad got started on his homework, and I’ve been doing my usual nightly computing and studying since coming up to bed about two hours ago.

I’ve finished everything I wanted to get done before the weekend, and other than the family business work I have for tomorrow night; I’m ready to take the weekend off.  Now it’s time to get some sleep so I won’t need to sleep through any of the festival fun.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”