Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cassie's Journal - October 1, 2012


Normally, on a nice, unseasonably warm October day I’d have much rather been outside after school; hanging out with Rowen; and biking or playing at the park.  Today I was just glad that I needed to do a work night to make up for needing the night off tomorrow for Mom and Dad’s second anniversary party.

It was an especially weird day at school.  From what we heard today from the girl chats going on around us, Vanessa is quite sure that she’s all but locked up Michael as her boyfriend thanks to her bold birthday surprise.  I didn’t need to get close enough to Michael to know how he was feeling about that, but then we sit next to each other now in music class; brush arms occasionally while we’re attempting to play our saxophones; and the brief contact was enough to confirm that he wasn’t happy about things with Vanessa at all – and had no idea of how to deal with the problem.

Wow, does that sound familiar.  I should probably be afraid...very afraid.

At least I didn’t have to wear cologne, or perfume, to school to avoid offending the gift-giver.  Dealing with the attention both from her and his buddies because he did was even worse for Michael.  I’d have liked to help him, but there really was no way for me to do that – especially considering what I found out on Saturday morning.  By lunchtime, I’d had enough of the unending daytime soap opera that I’m apparently going to be immersed in for the next three or four years; so Rowen and I ate quickly and then went to hide in the music room and have an extra practice.  From what I picked up during our afternoon classes, Michael wished he could escape too, but didn’t.

Moving along, I was glad to miss out on what’s been our usual Monday afternoon visit and football watching time at the park; though Ethan and Ehlana talked Mom into going for a little walk so they could still go there.  That worked out for me too, since it gave me nearly an hour on my own to just concentrate on work.  I stopped to help Mom with making dinner, and then we had Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne over for our weekly Magi Healing lesson.

I went back to work again in the office after Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went home, and after putting Ethan and Ehlana to bed, Mom and Dad worked there too until a bit after eleven o’clock.  We all went up to our rooms then, but I’ve been working in the archives and chatting in Portuguese since climbing into bed with Mandy.  By the way, my adorable kitty has been offering her two cents worth on what I should do about Michael, but I haven’t written about that because cats apparently have a very different idea about how to deal with potential mates – her term, not mine.  While I wasn’t interested in following her advice, she did point out that I was lucky to have picked her instead of a dog; or I’d have been getting advice that included butt-sniffing and other extreme grossness.  I’ll give her that point.

Well, that’s quite a thought to have in mind right before going to bed – not!  I’d say it’s time to finish this, and find something else to do until I’m tired enough to sleep.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”