Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 30, 2015



Happy 3rd Anniversary, Grandpa Grant and Grandma Eleanor!

I’ll admit that it seems strange to think of their third anniversary being in the same year that Mom and Dad will be celebrating their fifth – or within a couple of months of Jake and Stephanie’s impending marriage.  They are blissfully happy, though; and I can only hope to be that lucky when I’m in my eighties!  Michael and I didn’t have anything to do with their happy day, and didn’t even see them around town; but Stephanie assured us that they have been having fun with their family and friends while celebrating their special occasion.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I all had the day off to play with no major work to do at all.  We played with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden for a couple of hours this morning after breakfast; and then dropped them off with Mom before grabbing our bikes and some supplies and then heading out for a biking adventure.  We decided to bike our River Road along the Ridge River to Rock Trout Lake.  The ride was a blast; we stopped to have lunch at a park on the lakeshore; played there and had a long swim; and then biked home again.

We were home in time to help out with dinner; Michael, Tim, and Rowen stayed with me for that; and then we spent the evening having a movie night in the lounge that Ethan and Ehlana joined us for.  Michael and I didn’t get to have any alone time, and we both wish that had been possible too; but the trade-off with getting to hang out with our best friends and the twins was really great too.  There was time for two movies; swims before and after the first movie; and then Michael, Rowen, and Tim headed for home just ahead of the incoming rain at eleven-thirty.  My goodnight hugs and kisses with Michael were fairly mild because that departure had been on fairly short notice as the wet weather moved into town quickly; so we’ll need to find some time before the holiday weekend crazy starts to make up for that.

Mom and Dad worked in the office tonight while we were having fun, and Mom did a bit more work in the kitchen today too; but we’re pretty much ready for the holiday weekend except for some early yard chores that I’ll be taking care of ahead of the weekend – like mowing the lawn and weeding the gardens.  Fitting that work into my schedule will likely have more to do with the weather than anything else I have on the go; so I’ll just keep you posted on that.

We’ve already started a new month as I’m writing this, and beginning July with rainy weather might not be a great sign; but I’m hoping that we’ll be able to continue the fun and adventure that kept us entertained for the last couple of weeks of June!  The Fourth of July holiday weekend should be a great launching point for that, and Jake and Stephanie’s wedding will hopefully be both a great end to July and start for August; so stayed tuned and I’ll let you know how that works out too.

For right now, I really just want to get some sleep.  After having a bedtime chat with Mom and Dad; we all joined in to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and I’ve been working on my computer since climbing into bed with Mandy at a bit after midnight.  There was some family business work that needed to be done and I did some archive studying too before wrapping up with my usual bedtime computer and email checks and this update.  I don’t have anything particularly interesting to report from that work and study time, though since I haven’t mentioned it in quite a while, if you’re actually interested in my Magi education progression and timeline; you’re welcome to read Mom’s archive on that.  It’s perfect bedtime reading – sure to put you off to sleep in minutes! ;^)

Maybe I should try that once I wrap this up; though getting to sleep won’t be a problem for me tonight after our long bike ride and everything else we did today.  I’m pretty much just rambling now, and it’s obviously time to head into nap mode now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!