Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Cassie's Journal - July 30, 2015



Happy 10th Anniversary, Liz and Philip!

They have apparently had a really amazing mini-holiday, but I overheard more details than I needed to hear; and won’t be writing about any of it in this journal.  Look elsewhere in the archives if you really must get that info – or just use your imagination and move on.

I’ll get to that part of the update shortly; but let’s cover the earlier news first.

Tai Chi by the river was the only quiet time I’ve had between then and now.  Breakfast was busy with all of the work and running around on both sides of the meal; and then I was off to work – in the back yard.  With everything else we have on the go this weekend; yard work on Saturday isn’t an option.  I mowed the lawn and weeded the gardens in near-record time while Dawn and Jillian worked with their four junior helpers to do some of the lighter chores – like sweeping the porches and cleaning the windows and doors.  They did not get that work done in record time; but they did have a lot of fun playing together while still actually getting most of that work finished by lunchtime too.

My lunch break was more of an eat-and-run deal; and then I was on the go again – and spending the afternoon helping Rebecca and Michael with work around their house and yard to get ready for their weekend guests.  While Jacob and Miranda had a lot of that work done on Monday and Tuesday; we still had a long list of chores to do that kept us busy through until Rebecca and Michael needed to get back to the Inn and help with the dinner rush.  While I was busy with that work, Dawn and Jillian spent the afternoon hanging out with some of their friends; Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden were dropped off at KidZone for a few hours; and Mom did her normal Friday shopping a day early because she’ll be busy tomorrow too.

When I was finished at Michael’s house, I had time to come home, grab a shower, and get changed before heading over to the Ayres’ house.  I’d expected to be put to work in the kitchen; but Dawn, Jillian, and I were instead put on kid-control duty.  We took Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Aiden, Leah, Eli, and Zack to the park for some playground action; followed that up with more fun and games in the back yard; and then dealt with getting them fed when we eventually sat down for dinner around the tables in the back yard.  There were more kids and teens there by then, including Rowen and Tim; so that was a fairly wild hour or so of busy – especially since some of the kids were a bit too fired up and they were bouncing off the walls.

That’s quite a feat at an outdoor event! ;^)

The dinner party had been a surprise for Liz and Philip, and they had fun; but I didn’t even talk to them much while I was there and busy with the kids.  Since Eli and Zack were two of the most-tightly wound kids; I’m sure they appreciated what I was doing more than they missed getting to spend any time with me.  While their anniversary was the big family event of the day, the bigger story was actually that their party would be the last big event that Liz’s parents would host in the family home.  It’ll officially be Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah’s home by sometime next week; and there’s also a very good chance that the dinner tonight will be the last big family and friends party that Grandma and Grandpa Ayres will host.  As with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne; it’ll be Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah’s job now.

Moving this along, my day was not nearly over after dinner.  I was set free from kid control duty, but helped with the clean-up before moving on to the Inn.  Jacob and Miranda hosted a late dinner party for Jake, Stephanie, their wedding party, and the grandparents and parents of the bride and groom.  That party didn’t start until the Inn was closed for the night, and while I wasn’t expected to help out with anything; I was early-enough to help with closing the Inn and getting the mini-buffet set up and ready by the time all of the guests arrived.

The only real difference between that dinner and the wedding party party last night was that the parents and grandparents were in charge of the roast for Jake and Stephanie.  They kept all of us entertained for an hour and a half; Michael, Rebecca, Lucas, and I took care of the post-dinner clean-up while everyone else headed for home; and then Michael walked me home while Lucas went home with Rebecca – and he’s spending the next two or three nights there.  I’d have liked to keep Michael with me tonight too, but he’s going to be working the breakfast shift at the Inn; and we’re both going to have a very long, too-busy day that would just be harder to get through on no sleep.

I really need to get to that down time now, but before I do that; there are a few bits of news I need to include.

First up, it’s quieter here tonight because Naomi and Aiden have both returned to their homes.  Aiden stayed every night that Naomi was here, and his parents were okay with that; but didn’t give him the option of another sleepover tonight – even though Mom and Dad wouldn’t have had a problem if he had stayed another night.  If Liz and Philip were offered another kid-free night, I didn’t hear about it; but then I didn’t get to do a nightly recap with Mom or Dad because they were already in bed by the time I got home.

I’m not going to be able to spend much time with Dawn and Jillian for the rest of their visit here, and neither will Violet and Dillon; so I hope they’ll manage to have fun without me.  The weather is forecast to be great; so they will at least be able to do whatever they want to do outdoors while I’m busy with all of the wedding action.  Their two weeks here has seemed to blast by, and I’m going to miss them when they head back to Woodvale; but this will also be one time that I’m going to be ready for a break in the action after weeks of too busy.

Rowen and I both ended up missing our baseball practice tonight, and I wish that I could have been there for it; but I could say that about everything else I missed out on tonight too.  I also missed Michael and Tim’s football workout again this morning while doing the yard work.  That’ll be the last one for the week, and while Tim had a better turnout today; there still aren’t nearly as many guys joining in as he’d hoped there would be.  We’ll see if that gets better the closer they get to the start of the official training camp with Coach Robinson.

Okay, I was going to take a look ahead to the plans for tomorrow, since I’m thinking about them anyway, but you can flip a digital page to get that info anyway, and I really need all of the sleep I can get; so let’s just skip that and I’ll call it a night now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!