Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Cassie's Journal - July 26, 2015



We still had some rain hanging around here this morning, so Tai Chi was indoors, and I got a bit damp going over to Michael’s house for breakfast; but the rain ended before we walked to church – and we had great weather for the rest of the day.

While the morning workout wasn’t as much fun indoors, the breakfast with Michael and his family was amazing; and I stayed with Michael during the church service even though that meant missing out on some family fun with my family.  It sometimes sucks to have to pick between our families, but in this case; we’ll actually see my cousins more often over the next year than we’ll see Jake and Stephanie.  Yes, they’ve been away at school for the past two years; but we still at least got to see them at Christmas.  That’s also the main reason I had for going to help out at the Inn today.

Before I get to that part of the report, though, I did have a few hours of fun with my family; and that started after we got home from church.  I was put on kid control and entertainment duty while the parents and grandparents worked on our barbeque lunch.  Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden, and Kara, Eddie, and Nicole are all at their own homes by now as I write this; so I tried to spend most of that play time before and after lunch with them.  We went swimming; played Frisbee; and went for a short canoe ride after lunch before wrapping up that fun with one last swim ahead of departure time for our outbound cousins.

I haven’t written much for the weekend about Uncle Blaine and Aunt Alison, and nothing about the Johnson-McEwan weekend guests; but that’s mostly because I haven’t done all that much with any of them while busy with everything else.  The goodbyes for everyone happened first at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house; and then at Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s place when Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden went home with their parents.  Kara, Eddie, and Nicole were split up for the trip; and each got to have one set of cousins to themselves for the long drive home.  All of my cousins seemed to be happy to be leaving; though Jaimie and Kaitlyn also wished that they were getting to spend the second week with us – and with Dawn and Jillian.

Michael was with us and on his afternoon break while those departures were in-progress; we had time for a long swim at my house once we were down to just two visiting cousins; and then I went back to the Inn with him to help out with the buffet rush while Ethan and Ehlana took care of keeping Dawn and Jillian entertained until dinnertime.  The Inn was busy for both buffet sittings.  It was really hot in the kitchen; we were a bit short-staffed; and the only real break I took through until close was when I stopped to go and have dinner at the late buffet with my family.

I really loved getting to spend that time with Michael and his family, but it was also an exhausting afternoon and evening for all of us.  It was going on ten o’clock by the time we were finished the work and could head home; and I only stopped long enough to share some hugs and kisses with Michael, his parents, Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca before coming home and heading up to bed.  There was a short chat with Mom and Dad in the office on my way upstairs, and another, even shorter one with Dawn and Jillian in the lounge; but then I was ready for a soak in my Jacuzzi and some wind down time.  Dawn and Jillian were finishing up a movie by then, and while multi-tasking in the tub with my computer wasn’t an option with them in the lounge; they’d headed for bed by the time I was out of the Jacuzzi and ready for bed too.

Once I was tucked into bed with Mandy and my computer, I got right to work on my email and computer checks; took care of one bit of family business that couldn’t be left for tomorrow; and used a bit of Magi power to speed all of that up so that I can still be sleeping before midnight.  The way I’m feeling right now, I’ll be out for the count about two minutes after I put my computer away.  Since that is all of the news I have for today, and I’m too tired to bother with a look at the week ahead; I’m just going to get right to that nap time right now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!