Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 3, 2015

Cassie's Journal - July 2, 2015



This update is coming to you late because Dawn and I have been having a nice long girl chat with Violet while Dillon, Chris, and Martin have been playing video games in the lounge.  They’ve all gone off to bed now; but it’s been a fun night having my cousins here a day early for the holiday weekend.

Uncle Blaine, Aunt Alison, and their kids are here in town too, and while they’re staying with us too; Jaimie and Kaitlyn are spending the night with Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Caleb.  They’re mostly doing that tonight because Uncle Mark’s family will be getting here tomorrow; and there won’t be room at his house for any extra sleepover guests for the rest of the weekend.  Uncle Blaine and Aunt Alison spent most of the evening over there too; but came back here once Jayden had run out of steam and was ready for bed.  Ethan and Ehlana went to bed then too; which is why we didn’t have Ehlana with us for the girl chat time.

Having a bit more than half of our family home for the holiday a bit early has been the highlight of my day, which is why I led with that news; but let’s back up and cover the rest of the daily report from the beginning.

The rain mostly wrapped up overnight, and while we had a spit or two of it today, that’s really all it was – a sprinkle here and there.  It didn’t get in the way of Tai Chi this morning; we had breakfast out on the back porch because it was comfortably warm and it was much nicer to be out there than indoors.  Having an easy-breakfast made that choice easier too; since we didn’t have much more than cups, glasses, and plates to haul out there with us.  Dad needed to get ready for work after that, so I took care of the kitchen clean-up while Mom got started on some other chores around the house.

Since the weather didn’t cooperate yesterday, my jobs for the morning included mowing the lawn and weeding the gardens.  Though the grass was still damp, I cut it first; and it was pretty much dry by the time I needed to do the trimming work with the push mower and weed trimmer.  I haven’t mentioned it in a while, but I do really appreciate Dad’s new lawn tractor a lot.  It sure makes that part of my chores a lot easier and faster.  With all of the rain we’ve had since Saturday, the grass was as long as it normally would be after a full week too.

We haven’t been hit with the crazy amounts of rain that they’ve had in other parts of the country, and the farmers are basically happy campers around here; but I’m going to hope for some nice weather for the weekend – and the rest of the summer.  It’s really tough to have long, hot, lazy, and sunny summer days if it rains all of the time!

Getting back to the story, it took me until a bit after one to get the lawn and garden work finished; I hopped in the river to cool off and get moderately clean; and then had a late lunch with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana on the back porch before going upstairs to grab a shower and get changed.  Michael came over by the time I was finished doing that; and we spent his afternoon break playing with Ethan and Ehlana at the park.  That included some bike riding and playground time; we stopped for Emporium ice cream on the way home; and went for a swim before Michael needed to get back to the Inn.

The Proctor contingent of our weekend guests arrived just a bit before Dad got home from work.  I was kept busy after that helping with hauling luggage up to the second and third floors; and then giving Mom a hand in the kitchen.  We were hosting dinner for most of our family, and while Mom had lots of other help too; those volunteers didn’t start arriving until my aunts and uncles began wrapping up their work for the day.  Even Grandma and Grandpa didn’t get here until five-thirty or so; mostly because they’d also been doing the normal weekend chores early to be ready for the weekend – and for their weekend guests.

Dinner was a bit of a crazy blur of fun and work for me.  The work came before and after the meal, but to be honest, while I had fun too; being on kid control duty while we ate was more tiring than the prep work and clean-up.  I had Jaimie and Kaitlyn for support with that, but Jayden was a bit fired up after being stuck in their SUV for hours; Zack was cranky; and Leah was more interested in everything else going on around her than in eating.

Scenes like that do remind me that I am really, really lucky to have Ethan and Ehlana for my brother and sister.  Even when they’re playing ‘normal’ kids; they basically never take the act to the dark side of toddler or pre-school kid life.  Mom and Dad would surely tell you that being parents of junior Magi Masters has other challenges; but I’d say that the twins are doing better with that than I did when I was their age.  That isn’t news, though; so let’s move this along so that I can head off to sleep soon.

Chris and Martin both needed to work their part time jobs today before getting the extra time off this weekend and coming here; so they didn’t get on the road from Woodvale until around four-thirty.  The good news for them was that the traffic wasn’t much of a problem for them; and they were able to make pretty good time getting here.  Since they weren’t going to be here in time for dinner, they stopped for fast food in Crystal Springs – and brought a fix along for Aunt Leanne despite the fact that we’d only finished our meal about an hour before they got into town.

I’ve skipped a bit of time there, but my post-dinner action included a bit of clean-up work in the kitchen before I needed to get to my ball practice; and then I missed out on the action at home while playing at the school ball diamond with my friends.  All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins moved on from our house after dinner, and as I mentioned; Uncle Blaine, Aunt Alison, and the kids went over to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house to spend the evening with them.  Grandma and Grandpa stayed later, and were still there having a visit with Chris, Martin, and Dawn when I got back from the school; but they didn’t stay long after that before heading home again.

Rowen and Tim came home with me, and Rowen and I were in need of some swim time; so we did that – and had Tim, Dawn, Ethan, and Ehlana join us for the water play time while Chris and Martin opted to stay dry.  My cousins moved on after that for quick visits with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, and then with the gang at the Everett house; but those were both just cameo visits.  They came back here after that; and we headed up to the lounge while Mom and Dad had already gone into the office to get some work done.  Rowen and Tim had moved on to her house by then too; but let’s not discuss why they wanted to do that instead of staying to hang out with us.  If we did that; I’d start thinking about not being able to have that kind of fun with Michael tonight.  We really don’t want to go there – even if Michael and I both wish that we could have! ;^)

Michael did come over for a while after the Inn closed for the night, but he’s working the breakfast shift in the morning; and didn’t stay long.  He played video games with the other guys for a while, and we took a few minutes to say goodbye out on the front porch when he needed to leave; but that was the full extent of the Michael and me time for tonight.

Violet, Dawn, and I spent most of the evening hanging out in the lounge with the boys, but we moved into my room for the girl chat time; and kept ourselves entertained until Violet decided that she and Dillon were tired out and needed to get to bed.  They are working in the morning, and needed to get the sleep; but it still felt strange to have both of them here for the night while Chris, Martin, and Dawn were here too.  It was inevitable that they’d take this next step; but what might have been most-interesting about that bedtime scene is the fact that Chris and Martin didn’t make a big deal of it.

They’ve come a long way since I first met them five years ago!

Dawn stayed and talked with me for a while longer; mostly so that Violet, Dillon, and Chris could take turns using the guest washroom before she took a turn getting ready for bed.  She and Chris are using the two front bedrooms on the third floor, while Martin is on the second floor in the room next to Ethan’s.  Jayden is with Ethan, and Uncle Blaine and Aunt Alison are in the room below mine; so we have nearly a full house already.  That’ll be even crazier tomorrow after Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa get here – especially since we’ll have Jaimie and Kaitlyn with us for the rest of the weekend starting tomorrow night too.  We’re going to wing it for that; but Dawn, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and I will be sharing my room, the lounge, and Dawn’s room in some combination for the next three nights.

That will also likely mean some late nights ahead too, and I’ll need to get what sleep I can; so let’s wrap this up.  After Dawn went to her room, I got changed; hopped into bed with Mandy; and got to work on my nightly computer checks.  There was some family business work that needed to be dealt with that took more than an hour to wrap up; but my computer and email checks didn’t take long.  There isn’t any major news to report from any of that; so I guess that’s all I have for tonight.

The holiday weekend fun will be kicking up a few notches starting in just a few hours, and all I need to be ready for it is a bit of sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!