Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 8, 2014



I’m so used to Michael’s life revolving around the Inn it’s sometimes easy to forget that he has a fairly large extended family – particularly on the Bassett side; and they actually manage to do things together occasionally.

That isn’t always easy for them to do – particularly when they need to juggle running the Inn, the grocery store, and the gas station – along with the jobs and activities everyone else in the family has on the go.  I also don’t really think about the times that I do things with my family that Michael can’t do with me for whatever the different reasons; but I certainly noticed not being together tonight while he was busy – particularly when it’s one of the nights where we occasionally get to have some alone time together.  The fact that we don’t always actually get to do that didn’t get in the way of my imagining what might have been while I worked in the office tonight.

Let’s get on with the rest of the report for today before I start thinking about that too much and get distracted again.  That happened too often already tonight.

It was a fairly quiet day at school.  We wrote a couple of tests and worked on a group project that’s due next week.  For our class, the trip to Washington was still big news; but Gil’s birthday party in Crystal Springs on Saturday was a close second.  Gil had a limit for how many friends he could invite, so I was a bit surprised to be on the guest list this year; but that probably had more to do with him wanting Michael and Tim there for both Rowen and me.  Who is in and out for events like this does cause some minor stress – and a bit of jealousy – but in Gil’s case; he doesn’t actually care about that much.  Even though he’s one of the oldest in our class, his girlfriend, Alicia, is in Grade Seven; and he’s as comfortable hanging out with her friends as with any of us.

There is the potential for some teen weird for Michael and me that’ll go with spending the day with Gil and the other teens – Roger is his best friend, and now that he’s dating Lisa; they’ll be with us for Gil’s party too.  It isn’t as though we haven’t been around each other for dances and every day at school, but that isn’t the same as spending the entire day together in a fairly small group.  Lisa and I haven’t exactly gone out of our way to be buddies either, so it could be interesting.  I like Lisa just fine, and we got along well-enough before I got in the way of her future plans with Michael; but she may need more time before giving me another chance at friendship – even though she’s been dating Roger for going on six months now.

Michael and I will deal with that on Saturday, but whatever happens with that; we do still get to spend the entire day together and that definitely works for both of us!

The only other action worth mentioning from school is band practice.  We practiced the music that some of the older teens are going to be playing at church over the Easter weekend, and though it’s very unlikely that we’ll be needed; Michael, Rowen, and I are all back-ups should anyone get sick or be unable to play at the Good Friday and Easter Sunday services.  Those teens are practicing with the teen praise team and the other teens too; but they’re getting the teaching support during our band practices because their little ensemble won’t have a conductor for any of those services.

The slightly cooler weather today didn’t keep Tim from playing more football after school today while waiting for us to finish band practice; so he was a happy camper when we met up and moved on to the computer store for a short study session before Michael needed to get home and his family fun plans.  Since we didn’t have much time to work, we mostly worked on our group projects and left our individual assignments to do on our own later.  That worked out okay for me, since I was able to do the rest of that work in Magi mode and it only took a few minutes to finish.

I did most of my work tonight with a little Magi power assistance; so I got a lot of work and studying done between dinnertime and when I came up to bed for the night.  Mom skipped my Magi lesson tonight because I was doing a fair bit of Magi multi-tasking anyway that was as good as a lesson; so I was able to work straight through until bedtime.  I didn’t even do the bedtime story and snack with Ethan and Ehlana.

Some Jacuzzi time was in order, though; and I did my nightly computer checks and email while I was in the tub.  This journal update was all I had left to do by the time I climbed into bed with Mandy a few minutes ago, and even with everything I got done tonight and the Jacuzzi time; I’ll still be sleeping before midnight.  This hasn’t been as much fun tonight as my usual Tuesday night action, but getting the work done was good; and Rowen and I will have fun tomorrow night instead – even if we also end up staying up too late on a school night with our sleepover.

That reminds me that I’ll need to allow some extra time in the morning to go over to her house and give Patrick his birthday gift before school so that I don’t do that after school when his buddies are all there.  Michael won’t be there too, and even though we’re giving Patrick a joint gift; he won’t be able to do that with me after school either, so it isn’t a big deal.

I do need to wrap this up and get off to sleep now, though, so that’s all I have for tonight.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!