Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 6, 2014



My day started out a bit on the crazy side of busy, and some extra-early play time with Zack meant that I didn’t get much sleep last night; so I’ve skipped most of my school night work and studies tonight so that I can catch up on that lost down time.

After having my little nap, I was up with Zack pretty much until it was time for Tai Chi.  Mom and Dad didn’t get much sleep either, but they took over with Zack and had Leah to deal with too while letting Michael and I exercise with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden.  That was the only quiet time we had through until we got to church, and I’m sure that you don’t need the details to guess how busy we were getting all of the kids fed and ready for the day; dealing with all of the work; and taking turns getting ourselves ready for church too.  I was seriously ready for a nap by the time Michael and I sat down in the sanctuary with his parents and Rebecca; so it’s probably a good thing that we had Sunday school, or I might have fallen asleep during the sermon.

It almost felt like the house was empty by comparison when we went home for lunch, but that was okay with all of us as we wound down from the too-busy morning.  Dad had cooked the full country breakfast for us, so we really just went with a snack for lunch.  I blasted through my own school homework after that in just a few minutes instead of doing a study session with Michael, Tim, and Rowen; mostly because it’s been too nice a day to waste Michael’s afternoon break studying instead of playing.  Once I had that out of the way, I hooked up the trailer to my bike and took Ethan and Ehlana for a bike ride around town before going on to the park.  We collected Rowen and Tim along the way, and had some playground fun time while waiting for Michael to join us there.

Rowen, Ehlana, and I were not surprised when a pick-up football game was put together – Tim had brought the football and started setting that up this morning during Sunday school.  The guys started showing up shortly before Michael caught up with us, and the game was on soon after.  Football leaves Michael and me with less time to spend together while he’s out on the field, but Ethan still loves his cameo football moments with Michael; and Rowen, Ehlana, and I managed to stay entertained while our favorite boys were busy.

We had a snack picnic and a bit more playground time after the football, and when Michael needed to get back to the Inn; I took Ethan and Ehlana home first and cleaned up a bit before joining him at the Inn to help out with the buffets.  Before I get to that, I want to mention that one of the reasons I took the twins with me this afternoon was to give Mom and Dad a break.  This might be shocking to some of you, but they actually took advantage of that kid-free time for a nap instead of working.  Okay, the smiles strongly suggested that they didn’t sleep the entire time we were out; but the point here is that they did take the time off – even though that meant more work for both of them after dinner.

The nice weather didn’t seem to have any effect on the buffet crowd today, and we had a full house for both sittings tonight.  Michael, Rebecca, and I had fun while we worked, and we had another meal break out by the river instead of at the table in the back room; but we were also very busy too and those hours sped by – and really tired me out after running all day on almost no sleep.  That might be why Miranda sent both Michael and me home before the clean-up from the second buffet really got started.  She probably didn’t expect us to spend a half hour saying goodnight in a mostly non-verbal way at Michael’s house before I went on to my house; but I’m also sure that she’ll think it’s funny when she finds out about the delay between when she set us free and when I actually got home – assuming she doesn’t know that already.

I wouldn’t exactly rank that alone time with Michael as particularly hot because we were both tired; but it was sweet, comforting, and heart-warming.  After getting home, I helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana through their baths and ready for bed before we did the snack and story time with Dad in the office.  Mom and I tucked them in for the night and then she took it easy on me with my Magi lesson tonight.  I was in my room for the night by shortly before ten, and limited the rest of my computer work to what I could get done while soaking in my Jacuzzi for a half hour.  I cheated getting my hair dried after that, and climbed into bed with Mandy by a bit after ten-thirty.

This update and my email check were all I had left to do, and even with the usual Sunday night college teen email updates, it didn’t take long to get through that; and there really isn’t much news from my favorite collegians.  They’re all mostly just busy with their school work right now, and while it seems strange to me when I still have two and a half months left in the school year; they’re working on finishing major projects now and getting ready for their final exams that are only about a month away now.  The great part of that is the countdown to when they’ll be home for the summer.

Thinking about summer seems strange right now too when we seem to be having trouble getting spring started this year, but we are getting there; and maybe I’ll get more excited about that once I’ve caught up on my sleep.  Right now, thinking at all is getting tougher by the minute, so that’s all I have for tonight; and I’m heading off to some overdue unconscious time.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!