Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 27, 2014



This daily journal report is coming to you live from our nation’s capitol – aka Washington D.C.

Try not to laugh, but my first thought when we arrived here was that the President won’t the most powerful person in the city for the next five days give or take a handful of hours.  Then again, the President isn’t actually in Washington right now anyway – he’s playing in Asia right now and won’t be back until mid-week sometime.

We’ll try not to mess up his home while he’s away! ;^)

Before I get to that part of the report, let’s back up and cover the news from the start of my day back at home in Witch Falls.  I was up early; grabbed a shower; got appropriately for a travel day; and put the last few things I still needed to take along with me into my bags before carrying them downstairs.  I was first to the kitchen, so I put a pot of coffee on for Mom and Dad, and then I went outside to catch a bit of fresh air and early-morning sunshine.  We didn’t have time for Tai Chi today, but Dad made sure that I had a good breakfast before heading out on the drive to the airport.  We needed to be at the school for seven o’clock; and Dad made sure that we were there a few minutes early.

The rest of my classmates didn’t have everyone in their families come to see them off, but I also wasn’t the only one who did – though I was the only teen with aunts, uncles, and cousins there too.  Aunt Deborah and Leah were there to see Uncle Nick off, and Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack came to see me – though they didn’t make it to the school until about five minutes before we left.  While I was one of the first teens there, Lisa and Gretchen both beat me to the school because their mothers are the two non-Magi chaperones and drivers; so they had a slightly earlier start time.  Tim’s mother was there early too, but he’d been too slow getting ready; so Tracey had left without him and let him walk over.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were with Tracey in her SUV for the long run to the airport, so I loaded my bags while waiting for everyone else to arrive.  Pastor John stopped in at the school and shared a prayer with us shortly before we needed to load up and hit the road, and while his thoughtfulness earned some teen eye rolls; I thought that it was very special to have a Pastor who always thinks about those little details while caring for his congregation.  I was definitely one of the last to take my seat by the time I’d finished with all of the goodbye hugs and kisses; so I didn’t have long to wait before we were on our way out of town by seven-thirty; and starting on our big adventure.

I haven’t really done all that much flying, but I have been on more flights than most of my friends and classmates; so the air time wasn’t as much of an adventure for me as it was for everyone else.  The drive to the airport was entertaining from the start when Michael and I got to sit together while Tracey had Rowen and Tim split up – with Tim riding shotgun in the front seat with her.  We couldn’t exactly talk about our trip for the entire two and a half hours, but we still managed to find enough to talk about and do to fill up those two and a half hours.  Getting from the parking garage to our gate wasn’t much fun at all, but our chaperones seemed happy to get all of us through that without major problems or losing any teens along the way.

Tracey and the other drivers had rain to deal with on the way to the airport, and that also caused some slight delays for take-off too; so we had a bit of a wait before boarding, and another one while in line for take-off.  We had one stop on the way to Washington, but also had a long-enough wait that our delay didn’t cause a problem.  Layovers do make for a long day of mostly sitting around, though, and we were all very happy to be nearly finished our travel for the day by the time we touched down at the airport in Washington.  Getting our luggage took a while, but Uncle Nick had our hotel shuttle taken care of by the time we finished waiting around for our bags; so we then had a fairly quick trip to our hotel.

Check-in didn’t take long either, because everything was already set up for our little group; so it was basically just a matter of distributing keycards and taking our bags up to our rooms.  Rowen and I were in a room with Sally and Gretchen – one of the three ‘girls’ rooms.  There were three girls’ rooms with one group of three; and three boys’ groups.  It would have been nice if Michael and Tim had gotten the room with just two guys, but they didn’t get that lucky; and are sharing their room with Marc Johnson and Joshua Parker.  That works out okay for Sally, Rowen, and me; but Gretchen is happily single while Marc is dating Lily.  Since Gretchen’s mother is one of our chaperones, she told us that she’ll be on her best behavior anyway; though that doesn’t mean that Sally, Rowen, and I won’t still try to help her out with having fun – or checking out potential boys of interest for her too.

We only have one single in a room for our group, and though I hear there was some joking about having Uncle Nick share a room with two of the other chaperones; Aunt Deborah vetoed that suggestion so he’s on his own for the week.  Tracey and Principal Jacobs are sharing the room next to ours; Uncle Nick is across the hallway from us; while Gretchen’s mother, Jocelyn, and Lisa’s Mom, Audrey, are at the other end of our little block of rooms.  I wasn’t surprised about having my Magi protectors close to my room; but we did get teased a bit by our friends about why our group needed to be closest to our teacher and principal.  We just played along with that and had fun – and having fun is exactly what we expect to be doing all week.

Uncle Nick – Mr. Ayres – gave us a half hour to freshen up and then it was time to go out for dinner.  Since our travel times could have been delayed a lot, we didn’t have reservations anywhere tonight; and that meant going for fast food instead of trying out any of the more famous restaurants.  Pizza worked for us, though; and there’s a good chance that Michael and I could be the only teens who will appreciate the better dinner options we’ll have over the next few nights.  Even a fast food dinner for twenty-six takes a while, so it was heading toward nine o’clock by the time we got back to the hotel again.  We had some free time then to go exploring; though one of us had private instructions to stay close to the hotel – or be with one or more of my ‘special’ chaperones.  That wasn’t really an inconvenience for me because everyone stayed close to the hotel anyway instead of venturing out into the city streets.

An eleven o’clock room check probably sounds early to some of you reading this in the future, but the time was set more because we’ll be starting early each morning – and it’s not as if any of us were sleeping by then anyway.  Let’s start with covering the obvious – four girls and one bath when we all wanted to have a shower or soak after a long day stuck in cars and planes.  That’s a big reason for why it’s after one o’clock as I’m writing this – I needed to wait for two of my roommates to get to sleep first; after we’d all taken turns getting cleaned up and ready for bed.

The girl chat time was fun, and though Michael and I didn’t get to share anything hotter than a goodnight kiss outside of my room tonight; the rest of our day together was pretty good.  Tomorrow is going to be even better, so I should wrap this up now; Rowen and I both need to put our computers away; and we need to get some sleep too.

Rowen just reminded me that we’ll be four girls sharing a bathroom in the morning too.  I should’ve booked my Tai Chi with Michael even earlier!  Oh well – we’ll work it out.  That is going to be all I have for tonight, though; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!