Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 17, 2014



The long weekend is here, and as I write this; I have to start by reporting that it hasn’t started out feeling like a holiday so far tonight.  In fact, other than having Dad home from his week in the city a day early, and no game night; it’s been an unusually quiet night around our house.

Quiet hasn’t been all bad, since I’m going to be sleeping tonight far earlier than I normally am on the first night of a holiday weekend, and I got to spend more time with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; but I missed the crazy, non-stop action that comes with a house full of cousins and play time with my friends.  Before I get to that part of the update; let’s cover the news from around school.

The Easter bunny was hopping around our school sometime last night, and though nobody saw him – or her – there was evidence left behind to prove he was there.  Treats were left on the desks of all of the kids in the K-3 grades; bunny footprints were all over the place around the school; and while the older kids and teens didn’t have individual gifts on their desks, there was a basket left on teachers’ desks with enough treats to be shared by everyone in the class.  I had the most fun watching the younger kids run around and follow those footprints whenever they had time to do that; and some of the teens were playing around too by re-locating footprints both inside and outdoors.  That was all fun, but I really hope our janitor and teachers had some help with the clean-up – especially for the footprints that ended up on walls, ceilings, and windows.

My after-school entertainment was with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana because Michael needed to be at the Inn and Rowen was helping out at the computer store; so Tim went to play football with some of the guys and I was on my own.  It was cooler today, so Ethan, Ehlana, and I weren’t all that interested in playing at the park or biking; but we still had a little outing with Mom – to visit Aunt Leanne at the showcase apartment that she and Claire had opened to the public for the first time today in the new apartment building.

Visiting with Aunt Leanne was fun, and we liked getting to see the inside of the apartment building for the first time; though checking out the new apartment mostly reminded me why I love living in a house with a big yard so much compared to the years Mom and I spent cooped up in apartments for some of the places where we were hiding before moving here.  I’m not the only person in town who feels that way, but Aunt Leanne is getting lots of interest too – especially from seniors and young, working couples that are looking for low-maintenance living space – and the construction workers looking to get out of the trailers that some of them have been living in since they were brought in and set up.  Some of those workers are now considering moving their families here too; though that’s a comparatively small group.  Many of the guys need to get back to ‘civilization’ as often as possible to compensate for the extreme boredom of small town life.

That seems funny to me, since I’m rarely bored, but even on a quiet night like we’ve had tonight; I’m always very happy – and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

We spent nearly an hour visiting with Aunt Leanne and exploring the apartment building, and then we went home to have an easy-dinner for three.  While we weren’t having family home this weekend, we also didn’t do a dinner and a movie night or anything either since half of our usual group was away for the weekend.  Getting to have some play time after dinner with just Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana was nice, and then watching a movie with the five of us after Dad got home and we unloaded his truck was great too.  The reason I’m in my bed so early is because we all came up to our rooms after the movie; and my only stops were in Ethan and Ehlana’s rooms to help with getting them ready for bed and tucked in for the night.

Let’s not discuss why Mom and Dad wanted to go to bed early.  Yes, they have both had a long, busy day; but I can assure you that they aren’t sleeping right now.

I’ve been cuddling with Mandy and mostly playing on my computer; though I had a bit of family business work pop up via email that needed to be taken care of too.  Michael’s home from the Inn, and we had a little messaging chat for a while; but he was tired and called it a night about twenty minutes ago.  We have the Good Friday service at church in the morning, so I should wrap this up and get some rest too.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!