Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 13, 2014



Happy 1st Birthday, Gerry Bishop!

Most of you reading this, even in the not-so-distant future might be saying “Who?” to that; so I should add that Gerry is Michael’s youngest cousin on the Stone side of the family.  I didn’t really have anything to do with Gerry’s big day, other than the joint gift that Michael, Rebecca, and I sent for him; but I was also there for the birthday phone call that Michael and his family made to their cousin – or great-nephew to Jacob and Miranda.   That was more for Gerry’s parents, Eric and Sally; since Gerry doesn’t talk yet and probably had no clue at all about who was talking to him over the phone.

While that was a fun little part of the morning, I especially loved starting out the day with Tai Chi for two by the river with Michael; and we managed to get through our forms with just minutes to spare before the rain moved into town for the day.  We might have gone over to my house and exercise with Mom and Dad, but they’d picked an alternate morning exercise routine today.  We don’t need to add any more information to that, so if you really must; use your imagination, because I really don’t want to go there.  I know that Ethan and Ehlana exercised this morning too, but they started a bit later than Michael and I did; and were indoors at Grandma and Grandpa’s for that.

So the good morning kisses with Michael and the Tai Chi were really good; and then the hugs, kisses, and happy tears with Miranda when we got back inside were fun too.  She watches us sometimes, when she’s home, when we exercise at my house; but she thought that Michael and I were especially cute this morning with just the two of us out there.  The birthday phone call to the Bishops was next, while Jacob was still cooking breakfast; and then we had a fun chat while chowing down on delicious omelets and the rest of the mini breakfast feast that Jacob made for us.  Michael, Rebecca, and I were on the clean-up crew, and then we had to hurry to get ready for church – though Rebecca and I still managed to have a little hair play time too while doing that before we needed to hop in the minivan and get to the church.

It’s Palm Sunday, and while I won’t write about the service or Sunday school message that any Magi adult reading this will know very well anyway; I also don’t want to make it seem as though it isn’t an important day to me either – especially since I do write more about things like birthdays and parties than I do about Sunday services.  One of the reasons for that, though, is something I have mentioned before; and that’s the difference for Magi Masters between faith and actually knowing God on the higher plane of awareness that we are blessed with sharing with Him.

By the way, while the idea of God being a woman is entertaining; there are a few problems with that theory – not the least of which is the not-so-little detail that if God was a woman; she wouldn’t have needed Mary to bear Jesus.  That’s also a pretty big deal for this time of year.  I certainly can’t imagine an omnipotent God and mother standing by and watching a bunch of bad people torture and kill her innocent, perfect child when smiting them would be an option – or even just simply stopping them.  If you find that idea strange, just imagine what the bible stories might have been like if God was a woman.  Instead of a flood, there might have just been a forty days and nights of time-out.  You get the idea; so I’ll get back on track for this update now.

So Palm Sunday is a celebration day, and the service and Sunday school were both upbeat and energetic with lots of music and fun.  It was also a long service, so Michael had to head over to the Inn as soon as we were set free from our Sunday school class.  Since it was raining, I stayed and waited to go home with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  That took a while by the time we’d made our way outside and Dad had brought the minivan around to collect us; and then I was on the go again while getting changed and helping Mom and Dad with making lunch for ten.

Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack were all joining us for the noon meal; and they had caught up with us by the time we had the food ready to go.  We spent nearly an hour together around the dining room table; taking our time while we ate, and catching up on what we’d all been doing on Saturday.  I definitely had the most fun day from those reports, but then Mom and Dad apparently didn’t really do anything with their kid-free night.  Some of us didn’t need to guess that their report was missing a few key details that the kids and grandparents in the room didn’t need to know.

My afternoon was fairly uneventful.  I helped with the kitchen clean-up; did a little more visiting with my family before our guests headed home; and then split the rest of my afternoon between some play time with Ethan and Ehlana and a study session with Michael, Tim, and Rowen during Michael’s afternoon break from the Inn.  Michael and I both helped out at the Inn for the buffets; though I only stayed until shortly after the first round of food for the last buffet went out to the dining room and then I headed home again to get an early start on my usual school night work and lessons.

Mom did my lesson first; I helped her with getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed for the night; and was then in my bed by nine-thirty.  I’ve worked for the past two hours on my language studies, archive assignment, and some family business work; but cut back a bit so I can get a decent sleep tonight.  I don’t have anything particularly interesting to write about from the work and study side of my nightly computing; but the college teens email updates were fun.

Jake and Stephanie aren’t the only teens with Easter weekend, off-campus plans; and while they’re also going to need to work too; I’m sure that all of my favorite college teen couples are going to have some fun too.  Keep those precedences coming, guys – I’m going to appreciate them in a few years!

Let’s keep the week ahead look short so I can wrap this up.  Dad will be heading out for his four-day week in the city in the morning; we have the new Interior Design Shoppe opening tomorrow too; and tax day on Tuesday will be a big deal for anyone who has been procrastinating – or holding off on paying extra taxes until the last minute.  We don’t have any family coming for the Easter weekend this year, but Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace will be away in Granite Park; and Uncle Nick, Aunt Deborah, and Leah will be spending the weekend with Aunt Deborah’s family.

That’ll make for a quieter family weekend here; though Michael and I will be juggling activities with both of our families, so we’ll be busy enough all weekend with dinners, church services, and hopefully some play time here and there.  It should be another fun week, though, with lots of Easter-themed fun at school to lead into the long weekend.

My week is going to start early with seeing Dad off to the city, so I guess that’s it; and, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!