Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 3, 2014



Happy 34th Birthday, Owen!

Rowen and I don’t need to know how happy his big day has been – or at least how it’s ending.  She’s spending the night here and Patrick is at Scott’s house; so her parents are kid-free for the night.

Getting to have a school night sleepover and the birthday dinner at the Inn were both bonuses today; but everything else was fairly normal for a Thursday.  More rain and even some thundershowers kept us – and everything else – on the damp side today on the few occasions we actually went outside; but we kept that to a minimum too.  The rain didn’t really affect our plans for the day much anyway – other than keeping us indoors at lunchtime when we’d have rather been out.

My morning included birthday hugs and kisses for Rowen’s father when I stopped in early to do that and wish him a happy birthday while collecting Rowen on the way to school.  I didn’t do the birthday gift thing then because Michael and I did a joint gift this year; so we gave it to him at the dinner instead.  Parental birthdays barely make the news network at school unless the person is also a teacher, so Owen’s birthday wasn’t a big deal there.  Other than going out to lunch at Sheldon’s with Dad and some of the other guys, his work day was fairly uneventful too.

While our school day was mostly uneventful, the action started picking up a bit when we got to the Inn after being set free for the day.  With a big birthday party group added to the usual Thursday night dinner crowd, Miranda and Jacob had extra staff in to handle the extra business.  Michael, Rebecca, and I tried to help out by getting our homework done quickly so that we could work the prep lines too – especially since two out of three of us were attending the birthday party – or at least part of it.  Those hours between getting out of school and the start of game night were really just a fun, happy blur for me; and even the work before and after dinner was mostly entertaining.

Rowen, Tim, Michael, and I were at a ‘kids’ table with Ethan, Ehlana, Patrick, and Scott for dinner, and though Rowen and Patrick spent some time with their father too; the rest of us were mostly on the outside of the birthday action while the adults happily roasted their friend while having their meals.  There was some minor weird here and there, including when Owen opened the gift that Rowen and Tim had jointly gotten for him.  I have no idea why that seemed strange to me because I didn’t feel quite the same way when Michael and I did our first joint gift for my father last fall.  Maybe it’s simply because Owen is having a tougher time with his little girl growing up than my father is.  Of course that might be different for Ehlana than me; but we’ll see how that turns out in another nine years or so.

For some reason, Rowen’s parents didn’t feel the need to stay for game night, so they went home after dinner.  Michael and I were back in the kitchen by then, so Rowen and Tim helped out with setting up the dining room for the gaming while we were busy anyway.  The kitchen clean-up took longer than usual for a Thursday night, so a few of us were late getting started on our first round of games.  That didn’t really affect how Michael and I played tonight, but we also weren’t in danger of winning the junior championship either.  Playing with Ethan, Ehlana, and our friends was fun, though; and we didn’t mind the lack of success.

One more bonus for tonight was that Rowen and I got to do a Magi lesson together.  We really haven’t had many chances to do that lately; so that was an entertaining hour of fun with Mom after we got home and tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night.  Rowen hopped into my Jacuzzi after that and I got started on my studies and family business work while she soaked in the tub.  There was no way that I was going to get my work done by midnight tonight, and Rowen and I have had lots to talk about since she climbed into bed with Mandy and me an hour ago; but we’re both pretty much ready to crash now and need to get what sleep we can to be ready for school – and the upcoming weekend.

We don’t really have much planned for the next few days so far, but there will be yard work again; and the parents were talking about a night out for them on Saturday, so babysitting may be in my future if they work that out.  The downside of that could be a serious lack of Michael and me alone time this weekend; but Mom and Dad really don’t get to go out and play with their friends often enough; so we’ll make the sacrifice if needed.  I’ll keep you posted on how that goes, but for now; that’s all I have, so…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!