Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 16, 2014



Happy 19th Birthday, Dillon!

I hope he’s having a good day, but we only managed to exchange a text message with him this morning, and while I sent him an email tonight; he hasn’t answered it yet.  He’s probably just busy with his studies unless Violet managed to find something better for him to do instead.

Depending on what Dillon was doing with his classes and assignments, it’s possible that we had more fun here at home than he did for his birthday.  It was cool outside this morning, but the need to exercise by the river again just had us bundling up a bit so we could do that.  Hot chocolate or coffee with breakfast helped warm us up again; though good morning and goodbye kisses with Michael before and after Tai Chi had me feeling fairly warm anyway.  Though the twins were having a ‘home’ day, Ehlana and I still played dress up and did our hair this morning before I left to meet up with Rowen and walk to school, so I was in a really good mood by then; and Michael appreciated the results of our efforts when he saw me again.

Easter was again the big news of the day around the school and town, but everyone in our class is getting regular reminders about our upcoming trip to Washington too; and we’re all getting more and more excited about our impending capitol adventure that will be starting a week from Sunday.  There’s some teen stress that goes with that for some of our friends; though that’s almost entirely boyfriend-girlfriend problems, with a dash here and there of travel worries and some social anxiety.

Let’s take those one at a time.  I don’t know what it is about trips, or maybe it’s just spring fever; but in a small group of teens, you really notice it when six of them are having relationship problems.  The couples that are having trouble are Vanessa and Allen, Nora and Brock, and Denise and Kris.  In the first two cases, Vanessa and Nora are not happy with their boyfriends for various reasons, while Kris seems to be the one looking for a way out of his relationship with Denise – one of the longest in our collective and short dating history.  All of that seems strange and sad to me when spending the week in Washington with Michael is one of the things I’m looking forward to the most; but what I’m picking up through my empathy is telling me that at least some of my classmates want to be single and free for the trip – and probably so that they can play the field this summer too.

Yeah, I know it’s a small field; but then there are more teens around here during the holidays, and Jenny isn’t the only teen with an interest in dating teens from outside of Witch Falls.  I’ll leave the dating game problems there and move along to the travel and social problems.

Fear of flying for a few of my friends includes dealing with all of the security at airports; and even my parents’ brush with air travel disaster on the way home from their honeymoon is something that has come up recently.  I’m not afraid of any of that, but I can relate; and have done what I can to help those classmates.  Don’t get me started on airport security.  I really hope that by the time you’re reading this in the future that people have come to their senses and stop being so ridiculously intrusive into everyone’s lives.

Finally, the social stresses range from separation anxiety from family and friends – like when Gil will be on the trip; but not with Alicia – to worries about lack of spending money compared to friends.  I’ll help wherever I can with both of those problems; though the money thing can get a bit tricky, so I might need to recruit some help to make that work without risk of making someone uncomfortable.  I just hope that we can all have a great trip and adventure together; though helping everyone won’t be an option no matter how much I’d like to do that.

All of that has been as important to some of us as the actual trip updates and preparation have been.  The most important information that Mr. Ayres talked about with us today was probably the suggestions and list he had to help us pack for our trip – particularly since we each have a limit of one carry-on and one checked bag; which will be particularly important on the return trip if we take too much with us.  I’ll need to be as careful with that as any of the other girls; since I won’t be able to use my Magi gifts to pack, sneak extra luggage onto the plane, or pop home with a load of extra stuff using a time-phase – no matter how much fun it might be to try one or all of those options! ;^)

Moving along, there isn’t much else to report from our time at school; and our study session didn’t take long because we really didn’t have that much to do tonight when our last day before the Easter holiday is not going to be very productive tomorrow.  The fun kicked up a few notches when we picked up our bikes, the trailer, and Ethan and Ehlana and headed out for a bike ride.  As usual, we did a construction site tour before going to the park; and then it was time for our favorite boys to play some football at the park.  Rowen, Ehlana, and I watched them for a while and talked to the other girls and guys watching the action on the field; but then we went over to the playground once Ethan had a chance to play with Michael and Tim a couple of times.  For the record with that, Ethan still gets carried for most of those football plays; but Michael now gets him to finish off the plays with running whenever he can while ‘blocking’ for his little buddy.

We’ve had a sunny afternoon with temperatures in the sixties; and that helped to make all of our park time a lot of fun.  When it was time to take Ethan and Ehlana and go home for dinner; we brought Michael with us and kept him for the evening while Rowen and Tim moved on to their own plans for the evening.  Life should slow down a bit for Rowen now that her parents can take a short break between tax day and the upcoming work on the lab computer systems; but Tim’s parents may be a bit busier in the near future as we get into all of the farm work that happens in the spring – and possibly some personal vehicle sales thanks to tax refunds.

Our evening at home included a pasta and salad dinner; a group Magi lesson; some play time for Michael and me with the twins while Mom did some work in the office; and a full bath and bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana before they were tucked into bed for the night.  Michael and I took care of the bath, snack, story, and getting them tucked in for the night; and then we had nearly an hour of quality alone time available to us before he needed to head home.  I won’t weird out any of the parents reading this in the future; but we did take advantage of the opportunity, and I’m a very happy camper tonight.

That left me with the choice between doing less work and studying or stay up late; so I’ve compromised and worked until a quarter to one before moving on to a short version of my nightly computer checks and this update.  I was shooting for lights-out by one, and missed that; but there were some extra email floating around because of the holiday weekend, and it took a bit longer to get through them.  There’s certainly a lot going on around the family that we won’t be involved with at all here, and though I’d like to spend some time with my cousins; I’m glad that they’re going to all have as much fun as I expect we will during the holiday.

I’m not going to get as much sleep tonight to get ready for all of that fun as I’d expected, so I’d better wrap this up and get what rest I can before it’ll be time to come back to life and get going again.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!