Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cassie's Journal - April 1, 2014



Happy April Fool’s Day!

The best joke of the day in Witch Falls wasn’t actually a joke at all!  Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace announced that she’s pregnant, and quite a few people believed that it was a practical joke – including a few members of our extended family.

As I already mentioned, though, it wasn’t – so, congratulations Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark – you’re going to have a baby!

While that wasn’t exactly news for some of us today, it was the top story for the Proctor and Everett families; and I’m sure that Uncle Mark’s parents, brother, sister, and their spouses and kids are all very excited for him – and Aunt Grace.  I know that everyone in our family is thrilled; and we’ll likely have some extra visitors dropping by over the next few weeks – even though there won’t be much going on that’s baby-related right now beyond the less-than-fun things like morning sickness.

I didn’t even hear about the official pregnancy announcement until after lunch when Uncle Nick – Mr. Ayres – told me; and by then, most of the pranks and jokes around school had been played already. The themed fun actually started at home this morning; and Ethan and Ehlana were the instigators.  They were very cute, and there were levels to their humor that most people who saw them today wouldn’t have realized was intentional; so their little joke kept on giving pretty much all day.

Their first attempt at April Fool’s Day practical jokes was to try a twin switch.  Ethan drew the line at wearing anything too ‘girly’ – like one of Ehlana’s dresses – but they tried their best in every other way to trade places.  They’d switched rooms ahead of their Tai Chi wake-up call; tried wearing hats to disguise their hair; and eventually even tried to hang out with each other’s friends while at KidZone.  The opposite gender problem kept their prank from fooling anyone except with the most cursory of glances; but then they knew that and played along – especially whenever someone pretended to be fooled by the switch.

Ehlana advised me that in at least one case, the joke was on Ethan because Naomi apparently was quite happy to take the opportunity to hug her ‘best friend’ a lot while they were at the daycare together and he was pretending to be Ehlana.  Then again, my brother is rather brilliant; so I doubt that he minded those hugs at all.

While Ethan and Ehlana entertained us with their prank this morning, I didn’t really have any first-hand experience with the jokes going on around school – though we heard about most of them eventually.  Michael and Tim advised us that there were no pranks pulled during their weight training because nobody would ever risk getting Kyle mad at them – and he was a bear about safety when it came to lifting weights.  That didn’t keep some of the guys from post-workout, locker room pranks, though, and while Tim didn’t admit to anything; his grin while telling Rowen and me about those practical jokes suggested that he had a hand in one or more of them.

Tim and Michael also didn’t mention who was on the receiving end of those pranks, but I was able to work that out for myself in some cases – particularly with the perfume-for-cologne switch.  The pranks and jokes going on around the rest of the school were fairly tame and mostly amusing; though there were a few that backfired and got some boys in trouble – with their friends; not any teachers.  While, as I mentioned, there weren’t any pranks directed at me, there were a few in our classroom, and again; Tim was suspiciously grinning while not admitting anything.  One thing that might have been very different this year, though, is that he may have needed a certain computer-savvy accomplice for one of the pranks; and that would definitely be something that person has never done before.  I’m not quite sure whether I should be proud or a little bit scared.  Let’s just go with both on that and move along.

Mother Nature wasn’t getting in on the pranks, but it was cooler today; and we’ve had more rain move into the area again.  Rain showers aren’t exactly a shock for April; but starting the month with several days of rain isn’t particularly exciting to me.  At least that’ll be happening on days when I’ll be working at home or the Inn anyway; but spring is way more fun when we have warm and sunny instead of cool and wet.

We didn’t start getting the rain until after dinner today, so going outside at lunchtime was an option even though it was a bit on the cool side.  Tim wanted to play football, but he did at least let us eat in the cafeteria before we went out.  While he and Michael tossed a football around with some of the other guys, Rowen and I wandered around the school yard for part of the time instead of just sitting on the bleachers.  As usual, we ended up helping some younger girls with their skipping; played with some of the younger kids at the playground; and had a couple of chats with friends – including a short visit with Rebecca and Jenny when we crossed paths.

By comparison, our actual class work wasn’t very exciting, and even band practice seemed a bit bland today.  There weren’t any practical jokes going on at band practice either; though Michael, Rowen, and I heard about more of the jokes from the older teens then.  Tim had stayed around the school and played more football while waiting for us, and then we went over to the computer store to study until Michael and I needed to be at my house for dinner.  That was an entertaining hour too as we exchanged stories from school, work, and KidZone.  Michael and I took care of the clean-up because we hadn’t made it home in time to help with making dinner; and then we moved on to our usual Tuesday evening fun.

Mom did a Magi lesson with Michael and me while Dad worked and the twins studied.  Michael and I played with Ethan and Ehlana for an hour or so after that; we did the bedtime story and snack with them; and then we had a bit of alone time in the lounge after tucking them in for the night before Michael needed to head home for the night.  I can’t rank the Michael and me time anywhere near as hot as our play time on Saturday night was, but we did have fun; and I’m a happy camper tonight as I write this and wind down.

I haven’t had all that much time to work on my studies and family business jobs since Michael left, so I’ve needed to use a bit of Magi power to get everything done without staying up late.  That part of the new plan isn’t working out so well; and I may need to give up on the pre-midnight bedtime if I can’t get my work done without regular time-phases.  I’ve written about the why for that before, and that problem remains as a bigger deal while I’m still in this growth stage.  While some girls my age want to look older and more mature, I don’t care about things like that; and I definitely don’t want to actually be physically older than my age.  While I’m thinking about that, though, I’m going to check back on my memories in about seventeen years and check to see if the same girls that want to be older now will be the same women that don’t want to turn thirty – like Grandma Eleanor.

There isn’t anything to write about from my studying and work tonight, and the only emails of interest tonight were all related to Aunt Grace’s pregnancy news.  The girls in our family are all very excited about that, and Jaimie and Kaitlyn are particularly thrilled that they’re going to have a new cousin.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I are happy about that too; though they’re bound to be closer to their new cousins just because they’ll all grow up together.  That’ll be different for me – more like it is now for Violet and the younger kids in our family.  I do sense a lot of babysitting in my near future; but that’s something I’m happy to deal with when it also means that I get to be part of such an awesome family.

That’s all I have for tonight, and the Magi lesson and time-phasing has me tired out; so I’d better wrap this up and head off to sleep so I’ll be ready for a couple of work days.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!