Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 9, 2013



I’ve been drafted!

No, I won’t be shipping out to boot camp or anything – and I’m sure that Michael and I had a lot more fun while he convinced me to help out with the music for some of the younger kids than standard armed forces recruiting methods would be.  Okay, I was actually already drafted before Michael got around to convincing me to keep helping him when we had some alone time in the lounge tonight, and it isn’t as if I would have turned him down anyway; but let’s not let those little facts get in the way of a good story.

We found out about the need for a pianist before first class when Michael was told that he’d be on his own for the two practices he had due to a shortage of volunteers.  The next thing I knew; we were both getting out of class to help out with those practices that were booked for the Kindergarten and Grade One kids.  I had to do some acting while ‘learning’ the songs even though I had them memorized after the first run-through; but everything else about helping the younger kids was really great.  Ryan Bassett was thrilled to have Michael playing or his Grade One class; and his buddies seem to think that he’s done okay in the older cousin department – even if Michael might have lost a few points for bringing his girlfriend along.

That music time was the most fun while we were at school; though we had fun at lunchtime too that included some Christmas-related chat time while we ate and then some basketball in the gym.  Most of the younger kids went outside to play, but we decided not to bother with bundling up for the bit of time we had left of our break by the time we were ready to leave the cafeteria.

Our after school studying was at Michael’s house tonight because we were switching up our family dinner nights this week.  His parents need to work at the Inn tomorrow to help out with a Christmas parties; so they’re only taking one day off this week.  He and Rebecca still have Tuesday off; and I invited both of them to have dinner with us – though Rebecca hasn’t decided yet whether she’ll join us or not yet.  Michael and I had a bit of extra work to do tonight after missing most of two classes, but that really wasn’t a big deal; and we still had some time left for video gaming before Tim and Rowen headed out and Michael and I set the table shortly before dinner was ready.

Jacob had gone all out with a new entree experiment; and I really love getting to try out those amazing dishes – even when they get mixed reviews from the critics.  Anyone reading this who knows Jacob understands that he’s his own biggest critic; and that he wants his culinary guinea pigs to be honest when he tests out his new creations.  Our dining adventure tonight was spicier than most people would enjoy, and there was a biting after-taste that took a while to wear off; so Jacob is putting that recipe back into the work-in-progress file.

Michael, Rebecca, and I took care of the clean-up; we had a little visit in the living room with Jacob and Miranda; and then Michael and I came over to my house so we could practice for the concert as well as do my guitar lesson and a saxophone practice for both our music class and band practice tomorrow.  Mom did a Magi lesson with us too and we joined in for the bedtime story and snack for Ethan and Ehlana; so we were busy pretty much through until the cuddle and make-out time in the lounge – I mean the draftee benefit program that convinced me to help Michael with the Christmas concert music.

Whatever you want to call it, we had fun; and would have liked to play for a while longer than we could under the constraints of a school night curfew.  That’s probably for the best anyway because it’s closing in on three o’clock now; and the only reason I wrapped up my studies and work for the night is because it’s so late.  I’ll put in another long day tomorrow too, but then I’m going to cut back for the rest of the week so I don’t burn out going into the weekend.

The last thing that I should mention tonight is the latest news from Violet, Stephanie, and Christina; since I haven’t really done a college update in a while.  The first day of final exams went fairly well for them – and for Dillon, Jake, and Josiah.  It sounded as though the exams were actually less stressful than all of the studying leading up to them; so maybe they’ll all be able to relax a bit while getting ready for the rest of their exams.  Some of the stories from residential halls are entertaining, but the only thing that really shocks any of my favorite college freshmen is the continuing parties that are going on even when every student should be focused on their studies.  Home may seem downright tedious by comparison to campus action; but I think we’ll manage to help all of our college students to have a good Christmas even if there aren’t any all-night – or weekend – parties; blaring music and non-stop noise; or any of the other craziness they’ve been experiencing over the past four months.

There’s none of that going on here right now either, and that works for me; since I’m ready to wrap this up and join Mandy and the rest of my family in slumber land.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!