Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 16, 2013



Our day started out early so that we could see Dad off on his trip to the city, but I was happy to cuddle with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana and get the extra hour of sleep between that little blast of fun and our normal wake-up call time.

Tai Chi with Michael was fun, and only having four to feed and get ready for the day was a wonderful relief after the barely-controlled chaos of Sunday morning.

I don’t have a lot to write about from school.  Michael and I did two more music practices with the Kindergarten and Grade One classes this morning; and we had a good day; but there isn’t really any news worth mentioning.  Mom had some fun today while I was at school.  She had a meeting with Josiah Palmer, and they apparently had a fairly entertaining chat.  He’s one of the strongest Magi in his generation, but that’s not really surprising when that’s true for his parents and their generation too.  Josiah is really excited about having Magi Masters around again; and he’s already started reading the books that Mom translated for the council.  Finally getting to find out what his ancestors had written in those most-prized Magi possessions is particularly important for the Palmers; and Josiah is as happy about that as he is about all of the Magi archives.

His connection to our family started getting closer from the moment he and Christina got together, but now that he knows about Dillon, Violet, and Stephanie; I’ll guess that he and Christina will become much closer to the other two couples – even while they’re going to school at different colleges.  They’ll have other reasons to get closer to our family in the future too; but just in case these journals are available to other Magi before some of those events happen; I wouldn’t dream of spoiling any surprises by writing about that now.

Moving along, Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I did our after-school studying at my house; and we had Ethan and Ehlana with us most of the time so that Mom could take care of a few things while we were around to help her.  The homework didn’t take long, and we had time to play for a while until Michael and I needed to be at his house for dinner.  Tim, Rowen, Ethan, and Ehlana played some video games while Michael and I did a music practice; and then we joined the gaming competition for the last half-hour or so until we needed to go.

Dinner at Michael’s house was extra-special tonight thanks to Jake, Stephanie, and her parents.  Jacob and Jake had some kitchen play time together, so the food was amazing; but I mostly loved the family together time.  This was really my first time getting to do something like that with Stephanie’s parents too, and while they’ve always been two of my favorite people since Mom and I moved here; tonight was the first time I really felt like part of their family too.

Jake and Stephanie’s parents are much closer in age than either couple is to my Mom and Dad; and they’ve been friends since they were all young adults – if not really so much when they were kids or teens when a couple of years was a bigger deal.  Those friendships are different when everyone involved is so busy with their businesses and long work days; but that really just makes them appreciate the moments like we had tonight so much more.

While dinner was amazing, the clean-up wasn’t quite as much fun – mostly because Michael, Rebecca, and I insisted that the parents needed the time with Jake and Stephanie while we did the work in the kitchen.  We still had a couple of hours of play time with everyone else after the cleaning was finished; and Jake and Stephanie entertained us with some favorite college stories.  Violet and Dillon aren’t the only teens making social changes while on the holiday break, and again; Michael and I don’t really have a problem with our older teens setting precedence for us to use in the future.  Michael had the shyest reaction to finding out that Stephanie was spending the night with Jake – and not even with the pretense of using a guest room; but that didn’t keep him from smiling when he was thinking the same thing I was about that.

I didn’t mention it in my update yesterday, but Christina is staying with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne while she’s here this week; and it’ll be interesting to see whether she and Josiah do any sleepovers there or at his house this week.  They may not, since they haven’t been together as long as Jake and Stephanie or Violet and Dillon; but I wouldn’t put any bets on that.  Christina, Stephanie, and Violet may spare me the intimate details when exchanging email with me; but I can read between the lines – not to mention the other abilities I have available to me.

Thinking about that – or boyfriend-girlfriend sleepovers – this close to bedtime is probably a bad idea, but then I’ll be dealing with my period for the next couple of days; so I wouldn’t really be all that interested in that kind of fun even if it was an option for Michael and me.  The good news is that I’ll have that out of the way in time for the holidays.

Moving this along, I went home a bit later than usual, and Mom already had Ethan and Ehlana in bed by then.  She was working in the office, so we did my Magi lesson there before I came up to my room to get started on my own studies and work.  It was after eleven-thirty before I got started on that, and it’s heading toward three now; but I’m ready to start cutting back to the basics again for the rest of the week – and hopefully during all of the holidays too.

I’m ready to move on to my next languages in the New Year; and Mom won’t have time for many Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, or me after this week; so I’ll really only need to keep up with my family business work.  It would be nice if I could say that was done for Christmas too, but I was finished with basically all Christmas-related business back in October; I’m past Valentine’s Day already; and working on Spring and Easter-related projects.  That never stops being a bit weird; but it goes with the job.

With the concert on Thursday and our class Christmas parties and early release on Friday, we really only have two days of ‘real’ school to go; and Michael and I will be missing half of that time with more music practices.  His parents are working at the Inn again tomorrow night, so we’ll be spending the evening at my house with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; but other than that, it should be a comparatively quiet couple of days before we’re back into the Christmas and holiday fun and busy that will pretty much keep going every day through until we go back to school again.

I can hardly wait to get started on all of that, but need some down time right now; so that’s all for tonight, and I’m out of here and off to dreamland.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!