Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 22, 2013



Happy 13th Birthday, Marc!

My personal top news for the day is that Michael and I were asked to sing our duet from the school Christmas concert at church for the Christmas Eve service.  Pastor John and Stacey approached us with that invitation before church this morning, and I wouldn’t have been able to say no to them after seeing Michael’s reaction – not that I had a problem with the encore performance after the first time had been so amazing.

That was more fun than the hour or so of morning snow shoveling was before breakfast; but then the snow play time with Michael, Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca was very entertaining.  So was the snow play time with Ethan and Ehlana both this morning and then in the afternoon for a while too before I needed to get to Marc’s party.

Now that I’m sitting here in bed with Mandy and winding down; this really feels like it’s the first time I’ve slowed down all day.  The snow shoveling was followed by a quick breakfast before I hit the shower and got ready for church.  The roads in town were pretty decent because the Landrys and others worked all night to keep them cleared.  That wasn’t the case out in the country, and snow problems kept a third or more of the congregation at home for the morning service while they dealt with the problems around their farms – or couldn’t get into town anyway until all of the roads were cleared.  The good news for all of that is there were no major accidents, power outages, or other incidents that might have messed up anyone’s Christmas – at least in our area.  I wish that was true for everyone else caught up in this bad weather; but there have been lots of other problems – especially for the places where they got a lot of freezing rain and ice pellets instead of snow.

There wasn’t really a slow-down in the action at church because it was a fairly energetic service with lots of music; and then Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I helped out with the final pageant preparations during Sunday school.  Michael needed to get to the Inn right away after the service; and Tim went with his Dad to do more snow work; so Rowen and I hung out together while her parents needed to get to the store and work there for the last Sunday afternoon shopping day before Christmas.

We needed to stop in at her house for some clothes, but then we went on to my house and had lunch and that afternoon snow play time with Ethan and Ehlana before getting ready for Marc’s party.  I’m sure that Marc had a good birthday, but it was a bit weird for Michael and me – mostly because of Marc’s older brother, Jason.  He pretty much avoided us as much as he could, and ignored us when he couldn’t.  Having a date for the day probably had a lot to do with that; though he certainly wasn’t being shy with her while keeping away from us.  He’s enjoying his football fame more than most of the guys on the team, and without getting into the gossip about him; let’s just suggest that Rebecca is way better off without him.  While Jason was avoiding us, Marc’s older sister, Dawn, helped add some entertainment to our afternoon – particularly when she welcomed Michael and advised us that she personally thinks that her middle brother is an idiot for messing things up with Rebecca.

She is his sister and knows Jason way better than we do; so who are we to argue with her assessment?  Rebecca sure thought that was funny when we passed it on to her while helping out in the kitchen before the buffet started.

They were only doing one buffet today, and started it early because of the Christmas pageant.  The few hours from the time that Michael and I got to the Inn early to help out until we finished working and went to the church was a non-stop blast of fun and action.  While Michael and I had dinner with Marc and the rest of his family and friends, we missed a lot of the birthday fun while also helping out with the work as the buffet wound down and the dining room and kitchen needed to be cleaned and readied for Monday morning.

The pageant was really great – and a bit more special while getting to watch it with Michael – but my perspective on that has changed a bit now; and I can hardly wait until next Christmas when Michael and I will be able to be in the show.  The little Christmas party reception after the pageant was great too; though Michael and I helped out with the work for that too this year.  That’s also why we were among the last to leave the church tonight, and though it was getting late; I went home with Michael for a little quiet time before continuing on to my place at eleven-thirty.

Violet and Dillon are staying with us tonight, and they were hanging out in the office with Mom and Dad when I got home.  Ethan and Ehlana were already in bed; Dad was nearly finished the work he needed to have finished by morning; and there’s a very good chance that waiting for me to go to bed had a lot to do with why Violet and Dillon hadn’t gone upstairs and off to bed by then.

I’d have invited Violet to borrow my Jacuzzi and then cuddle with Mandy and me tonight, but I’ve learned my lesson there; and have no intention on giving my family any more ammunition to use against Michael and me in the future.  They come up with enough to tease us about without us helping them along!  Violet and Dillon can’t really expect that I don’t know they’re cuddling together right now as I write this; but then they don’t know exactly how far away from another Magi I can be and still feel their aura.  That ability has gotten stronger as I’ve used it more often; though all of my abilities are getting stronger since I started going through puberty.

Thinking and writing about puberty, a teen couple cuddling in the room next to mine, or what my parents might be doing right now is not a good idea when I’m also feeling the need for some Michael and me alone time; so let’s just wrap this up and call it a night.  At least then I’ll be able to dream about what isn’t happening much for me in the real world.

Maybe Michael and I will even get some of that alone time tomorrow since we get to have the day off to play.  We’re going to stop in at the church in the morning to practice our duet, though that’s mostly so I can learn the basics for using the fancy digital piano they have instead of hauling mine there and back on Christmas Eve.  With lots of snow now, we’ll probably spend the day tobogganing and playing outdoors; and then we’ll probably watch Christmas movies in the lounge after dinner with Ethan and Ehlana – and hopefully Rowen and Tim too.

I should really get some sleep so I can be ready for all of that; so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!