Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 3, 2013



Mom’s Christmas shopping adventure was probably way more fun than anything I did today; but Michael and I had fun even with all of the work time at the Inn.

Spending the morning working in the kitchen at the Inn was a blast; though Rebecca and I had more fun on the prep line than Michael did helping out with the dishes and bussing everything from pans of food going out to the buffet tables to trolleys full of dirty dishes coming back from the dining room.  There were only thirty-eight women officially going on the shopping trip this year, but the dining room was more than half-full with other guests who were taking advantage of the special morning meal offer.

Mom, Grandma, Aunt Leanne, and Aunt Grace were all going on the trip, but Aunt Deborah was staying behind to help Uncle Mark at the clinic – mostly because she didn’t want to do both shopping trips this week; and she and Uncle Nick will be able to shop for Leah on Saturday anyway because she’ll be staying here with her grandparents.  The three of them were at the breakfast buffet, though; and Aunt Deborah took custody of Naomi when Liz left with the shoppers and the teachers in the family needed to get to school.  She dropped both kids off at KidZone before going to the clinic – just as Dad did the same with Ethan and Ehlana before he went into the office.

I didn’t catch up on most of that news until later, but I did take a break to spend a few minutes with my favorite women before they left town – and not because I wanted to make sure they had my Christmas wish list.

Michael, Rebecca, and I also stopped working long enough before we needed to be at school so that we could eat something too; and then we were off and running again.  With lots of kids happily speculating over whether their mothers would be getting them the Christmas gifts of their dreams this year; it’s no surprise that the kids’ shopping trip moved to number one over football as the top kid and teen chat topic.

While I’m thinking about gifts, here’s some advice for guys in general – if you’re seriously planning on re-gifting something that you bought as a birthday gift for your now-ex-girlfriend to a different girl for Christmas, don’t admit that to your buddies where it might be overheard and make it to the girl-chat gossip network.  I didn’t mention it in my last update, but I thought that the comments from a couple of the girls last night suggesting that Rebecca should have waited until after her birthday to break up with Jason in case he had gotten her something really good to be equally un-cool – whether they were joking or not.

Getting back to the real news of the day, the Christmas season is already heating up at school for more reasons that the shopping trips.  With just two weeks and two days left to get ready for the school Christmas concert; Michael started taking time off from our classes to help with practices for the kids in the younger grades that he’ll be accompanying on the guitar.  We worked on our concert music in band practice too; but our first big event in this Friday night at the Pinehurst Christmas parade.  I really hadn’t thought about that much with everything else we have on the go; but it is going to be exciting; and I can hardly wait to find out what it’s like to be at a night-time parade.

Michael and I were into music at lunchtime too; and we decided on which song to do for our duet – one of the three that Michael had picked out.  I hadn’t heard it done as a duet before; but really love the ideas he has for our version of it.  We didn’t get a chance to practice tonight, but Michael’s going to try to stop in after work tomorrow so we can get started; and it won’t take me very long to work up a keyboard arrangement – including at least some of the background instrumentals.

Moving along, we were back to our normal after-school study schedule today, and though Tim didn’t have football to watch while he waited for us to finish band practice; he didn’t have any problems rounding up a few guys who were willing to toss a ball around on the last nice, warmer-weather day we expect to have for the rest of the week.  That was our first study group as two couples; and Patricia had as much fun with that as we did.  Rowen thought that the drinks with two straws and two plates of snacks to share was a bit embarrassing; but I thought it was cute.  Michael and I only had about forty-five minutes before we needed to be at the Inn by then; so we blasted through as much work as we could before leaving Rowen and Tim to finish the rest of their assignments without us.

The dinner rush was busy for a Tuesday, but not any harder to handle than the breakfast buffet had been this morning.  We were busy and a bit short-handed, though; so we weren’t ready to close the Inn until about the same time as our favorite shoppers were getting home from Crystal Springs.  I missed out on most of the father-kids fun tonight, or I did with my father, brother, sister, and everyone else they had dinner and a play night with while I was busy; but I guess Michael, Rebecca, and I managed to have a pretty good time with their father while we worked in the kitchen together.

We were home by the time Mom and Miranda got back to the Stone’s house, but for some unknown reason; I was put in charge of watching Ethan and Ehlana and getting them ready for bed while the parents unladed the van, and Michael and Rebecca were sent off to finish their homework.  Grandma had already returned Dad’s truck before I got home because Aunt Leanne and Zack were ready to go home before the Wal-Mart stop on their trip; so they’d done their last fast food fix and brought their group home early.

Mom was pretty much done for the day by the time everything had been unloaded and put away, so we went with the condensed version of all daily recaps before we all came up to our beds.  I’m the only person who is still awake now; though Mom got temporarily un-tired earlier while having her Jacuzzi time.

Yeah, I really don’t want to go there, so if you’re currently using your imagination on that; don’t tell me.  Now, if you’d really like something mind-blowing to think about – imagine me sitting here in my bed; using my Sight to watch you sitting there in the future, reading my journal and imagining what my parents might have been doing earlier tonight during and after that Jacuzzi time.

Now I really wish I hadn’t gone there!

That’s pretty much ended my interest in writing anything else tonight too; though there really isn’t anything else to report anyway.  I’ve spent most of the last three hours on my usual school night studies except for about fifteen minutes of family business time that couldn’t wait for after school tomorrow.  We should have a couple of comparatively quiet days ahead of us now; so I may even think about having an early night or two to get ready for another busy weekend.  That’s all for now, and I’m ready for some down time, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!