Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 7, 2013



Best Christmas shopping day ever so far!

Starting out with a breakfast buffet at the Inn was awesome; and so was getting to spend the travel time each way with Grandma and Grandpa.  I should admit that my appreciation for transportation comfort was fairly high today after riding the school bus last night; and that’s also why some of my favorite ‘country kids’ friends got bonus hugs from me when we bumped into them around the Mall this morning.

Michael and Rebecca were helping out at the Inn up until the first wave of food went out to the buffet tables, and then they joined all of the shoppers in the dining room – Michael with Rowen, Tim, and me; and Rebecca with Jenny, Garth, and a group of their friends.  The place was pretty much full without any extra customers, but Jacob and Miranda were continuing the buffet for most of the morning; and expected to have another full house once we were on the road for Crystal Springs.  I was totally out of the loop for the organization side of the trip, so I got to enjoy the food and have fun with my friends while Mom was very busy with checking her lists and making sure that every kid, teen, and adult was accounted for and in groups and vehicles before she and Aunt Grace hit the road with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden in the minivan with them.

Grandma and Grandpa didn’t even need to wait for the last group today, and we were on the road by shortly before eight o’clock.  Rowen insisted that she and Tim sit in the back so that Michael and I could talk with them and my grandparents from the middle seats, and that worked for me; but they were definitely more comfortable cuddling together for the trip home tonight while Michael and I just ended up settling for holding hands when we conceded that our attempts to span the gap between our seats so we could cuddle weren’t going to work.  I’m sure that Rowen found it convenient that one side of the back bench was filled with shopping bags so that she had to sit in the middle right next to Tim too.  You’re welcome, guys, and I’m glad I could help you out with that, but for the record; I set that up expecting that Michael and I would be switching places with you for the trip home.  Who knew that you’d pick today to decide that the back bench seat isn’t really all that uncomfortable or too cold?

The lack of cuddle time with Michael wasn’t really that big of a deal, and I really did enjoy the time with my grandparents.  It’s funny that they’ve been home all fall, yet we’ve all been so busy that those three hours on the road with them is the most time I’ve spent with them since summer – at least when we weren’t sharing time with the rest of our family and friends.  I should try and fit more of that into my schedule before they start traveling again in the New Year, though as usual; I have no idea how I’m going to make that happen.  I’ll try not to let that kind of stuff bother me, and just be grateful for the time we did get to spend together today.  Even Tim would probably admit that my Grandfather in particular is really good at making travel time fun and entertaining; and he has the best travel stories for sure!

Moving along, we got to the Mall nearly twenty minutes ahead of Mom, Dad, and everyone traveling with them in the last group of vehicles; so Grandma and Grandpa set us free to get started on our shopping adventure.  We were given an ‘emergency’ cell phone too, but even in a big mall, with about ten percent of the entire population of Witch Falls and the Ridge River district; we rarely went more than a couple of minutes without bumping into someone we knew.  Text messages with Mom let us keep in touch.  We met up with them for a bit of joint shopping not long after they were in the mall too; and that included some shopping time with Dawn, Jillian, and their friends too.

Michael and Tim definitely earned some points with those friends, and according to the email Dawn sent me; the comments after we’d left included offers to move to Witch Falls or adopting and helping poor small-town boys like ours to adapt to big-city life.  Since Jillian is the only friend of Dawn’s that I could ever see actually enjoying life in our little town, I don’t think we’ll have to deal with that, and while I have obvious issues with other girls wanting to adopt my boyfriend, Dawn’s friends weren’t looking at Michael or Tim in a big brother sort of way; so I’m sure they’ll figure out soon enough that wouldn’t work for them either.

We were so busy today, that there’s no way to cover everything here; so let’s just go with some highlights.

Getting our pictures taken with Santa as couples was silly and fun – especially since we did that while helping out with the Santa visits for Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, Aiden, Leah, and some of the other kids.  If you want to know the difference between Michael and Tim, ask to see those pictures.  Michael stood next to us while I sat on Santa’s knee while Tim shared the big guy’s lap with Rowen and had an arm around his shoulders.  I’m definitely biased, but Ethan and Ehlana had the cutest Santa pictures; including the one they had taken with Naomi and Aiden that had the girls on Santa’s lap and the boys standing next to them.

I’m sure that it was just random chance that had Ethan next to Naomi and Aiden with Ehlana for that photo – not!

Oh, and Naomi, yes, I saw that even though the camera didn’t catch it.  Thanks for that cute little memory; and I love you.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had some shopping time with the twins and their friends between the time we did those pictures and lunchtime while giving Mom and Dad a bit of a break.  We did half of that shopping together and the other half split up as needed to buy ‘friends’ gifts.  The four of us were on kid control duty before and during lunch while others dealt with getting food or taking shopping bags out to the vehicles.  Dawn’s little family birthday celebration while we ate was entertaining; but I didn’t actually get to spend much time with her.  There was just too much competition for her attention and not enough time before it was time to move on to more shopping fun.  We had another hour of mall time after that when we were on our own again before we moved on to spend a couple of hours at the big-box toy store.

Being there with Michael and Tim was a lot different; though Tim is actually a lot like Aunt Leanne when it comes to playing with the toys – the only difference being which toys they like to play with.  Aunt Leanne wasn’t playing video games when she was there on the Moms’ trip; and the only robotic animals Tim liked were the dinosaurs.

While we spent more time with my family today, Michael and I also had some fun cameo moments with his sister and cousins too.  We had a little shopping time at the toy store with Jessica and Ryan; Rebecca spent a little time with us at both the mall and the toy store when she and Jenny were split up for a while – either because of shopping plans or when Jenny and Garth were having a bit too much fun and she needed a break from them.

The last stop of the day, as usual, was at Wal-Mart.  I had most of my shopping done by then; and spent as much time helping out with younger kids as I did doing anything else.  Grandma and Grandpa were ready to take a break by then, so they relaxed while the rest of us continued playing – though they might have headed home with the other half of the shoppers who had been ready to leave after finishing up at the toy store if they’d had a different group of passengers.  That did give them a chance to talk with Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa before they headed back to Woodvale, and with some of the other parents who took short breaks too.

Just as with everything else today, we didn’t seem to have nearly enough time to say goodbye when we were ready to head home to Witch Falls or Woodvale; but at least we’ll see the Rice family when they’re home for the weekend between Christmas and New Year’s Day.  Since we still had around eighty shoppers from home, we split up and hit drive-thru windows at several fast food joints to speed up the food-to-go process; and Grandpa had us on the highway by seven-thirty.  The trip home was a lot quieter than the one to the city; and then we had another blast of busy while Grandpa dropped Tim, Rowen, Michael, and me off before heading home with plans to go straight to bed after unloading their own purchases.

Michael and I were at my house in time to help unload both the minivan and truck; and we were busy until ten o’clock with that before we helped to tuck Ethan and Ehlana into their beds.  Mom and Dad headed for bed shortly after that too while Michael and I came up to my room.  We practiced the song we’re doing for the Christmas concert first; watched a Christmas movie; wrapped some gifts; and managed to fit in a bit of quality make-out time too before he needed to head home at midnight.

That was a perfect way to end a really great day; and I’ve been smiling the entire time since saying goodnight to Michael in a mostly non-verbal sort of way.  There were a few snowflakes starting to fall when he walked home, and we should have a little dusting on the ground by morning; but we’re only likely going to see a half-inch or so of the white fluffy stuff now instead of the two or three inches they’d called for a few days ago.  That won’t last long, so I really hope we’ll get more snow between now and Christmas!

It’s closing in on one o’clock now, and time for me to get some sleep.  Dad’s going to be playing catch up on his work tomorrow after taking the day off today, but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow afternoon that includes dinner at the Inn; and Michael and I are both going to help out in the kitchen before and after dinner too so we’re in for another busy day.  We’ll need to get around to our weekend homework sometime too, but we may end up doing that on our own if we can’t make time to study together.  That’s okay with me once in a while, since I can work faster that way; though it isn’t as much fun as when we’re hanging out together.

That’s enough of the news for today, and I really do want to get off to sleep; so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!