Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 25, 2013



Merry Christmas, Everyone!

It’s been a really busy, sometimes crazy, and always wonderful, best-ever-so-far kind of Christmas.  Michael and I were both on the go from very early this morning until he went home a little while ago; though his early morning was because he was helping his father and Jake with work in the kitchen while mine was thanks to Ethan and Ehlana having everyone in our house up and finding out what Santa brought us by five o’clock.

Our favorite ‘in public’ gift this year is the new Playstation 4 that Santa brought for the twins and me; and we’re sure that it was just a coincidence that so many members of our family knew to get us new games for the system.  Those games are already getting a lot of play time in the lounge, and we’ll have years of fun with our friends; but video games aren’t really all that challenging when you can memorize the entire game the first time through and play perfectly after that if we tried our best.  I was just as happy with the clothes that Mom, Aunt Leanne, and Grandma picked out for me; music books; and some new movies.  Michael really loved the soft, cuddly and beautiful sweater that I wore all day after getting it from Mom and Dad – though probably not as much as Uncle Adam enjoyed what Aunt Leanne bought; and had him unwrap last night.

Feel free to use your imagination so that I don’t have to include the details.  I’m really glad that Michael wasn’t in the room for that bit of girl talk, and while I’m also glad that all of my favorite people have been having an awesome Christmas too; there are some things that a daughter or niece don’t need to know.  I’m certainly not going to talk with them about anything along those lines that I picked up to share with Michael over the holidays.

Oh, did I write that out loud? ;^)

Let’s keep the story moving along.  After checking out our stockings and opening gifts, Violet and Dillon got ready for the day and headed over to his house for breakfast and gifts with his family.  The rest of us got ready to go over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for brunch and the first part of our family Christmas that pretty much everyone in our collective, home-town families were there for.  Mom and Dad needed to get the turkey for dinner in the oven before we left too; but they had nearly everything ready to go for that last night, and didn’t really have much work to do this morning.  Michael came over while that bit of action was still going on; and he came with us for the brunch and family fun.  We collectively had boxes of gifts to take with us; including the gifts that Michael had brought with him for me and my family.  He gave me a beautiful, delicate gold locket with a blue sapphire stone and our pictures inside that I’m still wearing now; and Mandy and I have a new stuffed piano cat to cuddle with.  My family didn’t come up with any particularly good jokes about the new stuffie; but they were happy to drag out the old sax kitten jokes and remind Michael and me of that gift again.  Michael liked the gifts I had for him, though video games for his new X-Box One, a sports watch, and some music gear wasn’t as personal as the locket was for me.  Picking out something too sentimental would have gotten him in trouble with the guys, and while that other purchase I mentioned will require some very up-close and personal time and attention, we didn’t have a chance for that today; and by the time anyone in the future reads this journal, we’ll all be old enough that Michael won’t care what the guys think about that part of our holiday fun.

Michael and I needed to go over to his house right after having brunch; and we both needed to pace ourselves on the food offerings.  For my family, the brunch was one of only two meals; with the second being Christmas dinner at my house.  Jacob and Miranda were hosting their big family dinner this year, and Michael and I weren’t the only people in town juggling too many meals.  I will suggest that it was at least a little tougher for those of us who had the Jacob and Jake masterpiece dinner experience as one of those meals; but that was a sacrifice we were very happy to make.

Our schedule juggling kept us off the cooking crews all day, but that was more than offset by being on the clean-up crews for both family dinners.  There was also a lot of play time, so let’s skip over the work parts of the day; and focus on the fun.  There were new snow-fun gifts for kids to try out; so Michael and I spent some time outdoors with our siblings and cousins – more than an hour and a half of sledding and play time between our brunch and the Stone-Bassett family dinner; and another hour or so between the end of that clean-up job and when Michael and I needed to go over to my house for the Proctor-Carrington dinner.

There was a fair bit of video gaming going on too; we watched Christmas parades on television; and Michael and I even caught parts of two Christmas movies during breaks in the rest of our play and work time.  While the food was amazing and we ate way too much; the best parts of the day for me were all family-time moments.  I loved getting to know Michael’s Grandma and Grandpa Stone; growing closer to everyone else in his family; all of the play time with all of the kids and teens; and the bits of cuddle time we managed to share here and there when we were able to sit down and relax for a while.

A fair bit of event juggling must go on while Christmas plans are being made so that most family members can be together for the big meals or other important events.  That’s different for my family; but everything worked out pretty well for Michael and me.  The family interactions were sometimes a little funny – like having brunch with Josiah and our first Christmas dinner with Caleb while they were each spending the day with their respective girlfriends.  Most of our teen time was while we were at Michael’s house – our outside playing with the younger kids.  We only managed a quick visit with Rowen and Tim this afternoon that barely gave us enough time to exchange gifts; and then we all needed to get back to our own family fun.

I wouldn’t say that our second dinner of the day was quiet, but it was quieter by comparison to the brunch and earlier meal at Michael’s house.  That was partly because everyone was getting tired by then; and also because there were only five kids and teens – excluding Violet and Dillon.  Zack slept through the meal too, so Michael and I sat with Ethan and Ehlana and mostly just enjoyed the meal while the adults took care of the dinner entertainment.  While I really did eat too much today, I didn’t have all that much room for more food by then; so I practically snacked on small amounts of everything; and had just a tiny little slice of pie for dessert.

The dinner conversations were fairly diverse tonight.  Kid talk from babies to college teens was fairly thoroughly covered, as was everything from charity trips and vacations to Boxing Day sales from the store owner perspective.  All grandparents, chefs, and the Mom who needed to nurse her baby were set free after dinner while the rest of us got to work; and spent an hour or so getting the kitchen and dining room clean again.  While I’m sure the family juggling had a lot to do with it too; that evening work probably had a lot to do with why Michael’s parents were happy to have the early meal  - especially when they’re going to be doing the boxing day breakfast buffet at the Inn first thing in the morning.

Michael’s going to be helping out with that too, and he’s going to be a tired puppy after hanging out here later than he probably should have.  We got into a bit of video gaming with Ethan and Ehlana after the work was done; and Violet and Dillon joined us for a bit of that before they went over to his house for the rest of the night when it was time for the twins to go to bed.  Most of our guests went home then too, and then Michael and I had a bit of quiet time and chat with Mom and Dad before they went up to bed and Michael and I were left alone to end our merriest Christmas in a mostly non-verbal sort of way.

I came straight up to my room after Michael left, and climbed into bed with Mandy as soon as I finished getting changed and ready for bed.  Rowen and I have had a little chat; there were email to read and answer; and I did a lite version of my usual nightly computer checks before starting this update.  I’m ready for a long winter’s nap now; and should get a little extra rest to be ready for another big day of holiday fun – starting with that breakfast buffet at the Inn and some Boxing Day shopping.  We going to have some afternoon family play time too that will probably include some sledding, and I’m going to help out at the Inn for the dinner rush.  We’re going to shoot for another movie night after that with Rowen and Tim if we get finished at the Inn early enough, and I hope that works out; since we probably won’t get to have much couples time this weekend while my family Christmas is going on and Michael and Rowen are both busy with work at the Inn and computer store.

This little report doesn’t come close to covering every happy moment from today, but even Magi Masters can hit information overload now and then; and there was just too much going on all day to include everything.  All that’s really important, though, is that this was a really special day; and I’m still feeling the warm fuzzies from getting to share most of those happiest moments with Michael and our families.

With that in mind, I’m off to what will definitely be some very happy dreams, so Merry Christmas again, and...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!