Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 5, 2013



The extra rest last night helped a lot today, but I’m still shooting for another early bedtime so I’ll be ready for the weekend fun; and this will be another mini-update.

It’s been a fairly quiet day, and at least part of the reason for that is because of the plunge back toward freezing winter temperatures.  That transition always seems uncomfortable when it happens quickly; though we never have a problem when the temperature soars in the other direction – or when the drop is from extreme hot to air conditioning in the summer.  There’s a chance of snow this weekend, and I really love white Christmases; so I’ll get used to the cold and hope for the best.

Then again, I might have a different opinion about that after the parade tomorrow night; but hoping won’t change the fact that it is going to be below freezing; and we’ll be sitting in cold chairs on a flatbed trailer while holding and playing cold metal musical instruments.  Nobody in the band was thinking about that during our practice on Tuesday when we had such a nice weather afternoon; but I’m probably not the only teen thinking about it now – or almost teen in my case.  That seems strange too – being the only non-teen in the band now that Michael and Rowen have both hit the ‘teen’ milestone.

Anyway, there wasn’t anything newsworthy from around school; and I’ve had the usual Thursday night routine of studying at the Inn; working the dinner rush with Michael and his family; and game night.  Michael and I had fun with all of that.  Miranda had some fun with Rowen and Tim for their first study session at the Inn as a couple; the work in the kitchen after they left was fairly easy because there just weren’t very many customers after the much busier than usual Tuesday breakfast and dinner.  The trip on Saturday probably affected that too, but from what Miranda told me tonight; they’re going to be really busy for the next two weeks with extra Christmas party bookings for both lunches and dinners.

Michael and I weren’t in any danger of winning the junior championship tonight, but Rowen and Tim were fired up; and they managed to come in second place this week.  While I really do like to win, getting to spend that time playing with Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana was all fun; and I’m learning to appreciate how Jacob feels about just playing for fun.  I enjoyed staying to help with the clean-up so that Michael and I could walk home together and share a fairly lengthy goodnight kiss too.

I still made it home in time to say goodnight to Ethan and Ehlana when they were tucked in for the night.  Mom did a Magi lesson with me after that while Dad worked in the office; and then I came up to my room about an hour ago to get started on some Jacuzzi and nightly computing multi-tasking.  That wouldn’t have been enough time for a nice long soak and getting my hair dried; but I cheated just a bit with a touch or two of time-phasing.  Mandy and I are tucked into bed now; we’re in normal time; and she’s already asleep.  I’m ready to join her, and don’t have anything else to report tonight; so that’s it for now.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!