Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cassie's Journal - December 12, 2013



Okay, sometimes you’ve got to love it when a plan completely backfires!

For the last game night of the year, Miranda set up another boys against the girls competition; hoping to have Mom help her to have championship bragging rights until the New Year.  The absolutely hilarious problem she had with that was Dad helping Jacob to win the senior championship instead!  Yeah, I know, Jacob never wins at game night; but you’re reading this in the future, so go look it up if you don’t believe me.

That was possibly my favorite game night moment ever so far; and everyone there had a lot of fun with it – even Miranda.  I have no idea what motivated Jacob to play as well as he did tonight, but while that whole scene was a blast; none of us should have been surprised that he could play well and win if he really wanted to do that.  After all, he’s a chef; incredibly good with his hands; and though he doesn’t get a chance to play sports very often, he’s very athletic too.

There’s a very good chance that Miranda was reminded of at least two of those facts after they got home and went to bed; but I don’t want to go there any more than Michael or Rebecca did when their parents started talking about Jacob needing to make it up to his wife after depriving her of her year-end game night glory.  Again, to all of the parents – and grandparents, for that matter – out there, we’re not suggesting that sex should be over for you at any age; but we are saying that your under-age kids don’t need to know any details.

Okay, that was the highlight of the night, but we’ve had a pretty good day too.  Michael stayed for Tai Chi and breakfast; he and I had more music practice fun at school; and our fun at the Inn tonight started with a study session with Tim, Rowen, and Rebecca before moving on to three of us working in the kitchen.  Since Dad is in the city next week, he and Aunt Leanne were doing a work Christmas dinner at the Inn.  Families were invited this year, so all of the Nortons were there; along with the families of some of their contractors and suppliers.  Michael and I had our little dinner break in the dining room so we could sit in on part of that fun; but we went back to work again to help with the clean-up until it was time to start the gaming action.

We were late getting home from the Inn, so Mom skipped Magi lessons, and I came up to my room to get started on some quality Jacuzzi time while Ethan and Ehlana were getting some tub time too ahead of their Friday KidZone play date.  I’ve missed out on tucking them in for the night, but I really did want to stick with my early bedtime plans; which is why I’m doing this right before getting out of the tub so I can head straight for bed once I’ve done my hair and hopped into some comfy pajamas.  The next few days are going to be crazy – though I should probably just say that for nearly every day between now and after New Year’s Day.  I’ll need to keep up with my family business work; but I’m now seriously considering dropping the language and archive studies until after the holidays.  We’ll see how it goes.  That is all I have for tonight, though, and I still have a chance at a pre-midnight bedtime; so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!