Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Sept. 8, 2011

I’ll be keeping this short tonight – it’s been a long, busy day! Rowen and I had fun at school; though nothing particularly exciting happened today. Mom did an after-school lesson with both of us while the twins were having a nap. They were tired out from an afternoon reading lesson. It’s really amazing watching them go through all of that now and compare it to what it was like for me when I was their age. There are a lot of things that are happening almost exactly like they did for me, but they’re learning to read a bit faster than I did, and they seem to understand new concepts better too. Mom and Uncle Adam think that might be because there was a lot more trial and error as part of my training. That’s likely part of it, but Ethan, Ehlana, and I know that they each have a few special gifts that none of the rest of us have. We’ll get around to telling them when it’s time. :^)

So Rowen and I played with the elements, and Mom’s lesson was mostly for Rowen while my part of it was learning to work with other Magi, and teach a bit too. When the twins woke up, we helped with the diaper changes and getting Mom set up to nurse; did our homework while she was doing that; and then took care of Ethan and Ehlana while Mom started to make dinner.

Game night at the Inn started tonight, and Rowen and Patrick came with us while their parents were busy at the store. They were still busy with the back-to-school shopping, but at least the store would be closed on Sundays again starting this weekend. Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam were the Game Night Champions for the week. Rowen and I had fun, but we didn’t finish very high up in the Junior Champions standings.

A big part of my job with the family business right now is keeping an eye on what my companies are doing to get ready for Christmas. That seems weird, but it’s amazing how much of the work for the holidays gets done so many months ahead of time. When we got home from the Inn, I worked on that for a couple of hours while Mom and Dad took care of the twins, and then worked in the office for a while too. Tonight, I started setting up a new division that I’m going to use to power buy bulk products and services that all of my companies use. That’ll save a few million, but the best part will be getting those same deals for our charities too. If my friends at school really knew what I did for my job, they wouldn’t wonder anymore why I find Grade Six math so easy!

Time to call it a night. Friday's going to be another busy day.