Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Sept. 29, 2011

Today is Michael Stone’s eleventh birthday. If Aunt Leanne was reading this, she’d definitely have something to say about why I might be starting this journal entry with that news, but let’s not go there. It was bad enough getting teased about the happy birthday hug I had for him this morning before school started, and I thought that was dumb, since I do birthday hugs, and hugs in general, fairly regularly.

Fortunately, that teasing didn’t last long; mostly because our classmates moved on to speculating about who had given Michael the anonymous, and very cool, birthday present that had been on his desk when we’d gotten to class. Rowen let me know with a glance that she was quite sure who had given him the gift, but she left it at that, and didn’t even try to talk about it with me later. I really love my best friend!

The best news about a guy birthday in our class is that most of the guys are too distracted with the birthday fun to bother with their usual goofiness. A few of the girls – the ones who were crossing over already – did make some effort to hang out with the guys anyway; but were mostly unsuccessful. Rowen and I, and the rest of the girls in our class, were happy to enjoy the reprieve that would likely only last for the day.

It was an after-school work day, but I stopped in for a visit at the store with Rowen’s parents; mostly so that I could avoid the gang of boys that were going home with Michael for his birthday party. Jake and Stephanie were supervising that party until it moved over to the Inn for dinner, but Rebecca and Jenny had gone straight to the Inn instead. When I did get home, Alicia was already there, and she and Mom were busy; so I grabbed a drink and snack and went into the office to get started on my homework.

The next couple of hours sped by, and the next thing I knew; Dad was calling me to come for dinner. We were having an easy-meal night, and then Dad and I took care of the cleanup after helping Mom get set up to nurse Ethan and Ehlana. We were all ready to go by the time Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam stopped by to walk to the Inn for game night.

Michael’s birthday party was still going on when we got there, and judging by how hyper-active Michael and his friends were; they’d been having fun. That made for a rather strange game night for Rowen, me, and a couple of the other girls in our class who were there with their families too. Since Michael’s party was guys-only, some of his friends were trying to keep it that way while we were all playing games despite the obvious fact that there were as many girls in the room as boys; and they did have to play some of those games against girl teams.

You didn’t need to be a ten-year old genius to find their jokes and comments silly and annoying, but Rowen and I didn’t take the bait that would have just made things worse, and tried our very best to ignore them. This was the first time that I was fairly glad to reach the end of game night, though; and the best part of the night was the walking home commentary about those boys that Aunt Leanne, Patricia, and Mom entertained us with until we split up outside of our house.

Game night had gone a bit long too, which threw off Ethan and Ehlana’s feeding schedule. Dad and I both helped Mom with them, and we combined their delayed nursing with a question and answer session and telepathic bedtime story before we all went to bed for the night. That’s pretty much all of the news for today, and since I’m going to help Dad with what will probably be a one-thirty or two o’clock feeding; it’s time to shut down this computer and get as much rest as I can. I definitely don’t want to be too tired for dinner and a movie night tomorrow.