Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cassie's Journal - Sept. 28, 2011

The beautiful weather continues, and everyone is very happy about that – especially the farmers that are busy with harvesting their crops. That extra field work does have some effect at school, with all of the farm kids. A handful of teens are missing classes to help their families, but nearly all of the farm kids, and quite a few teens from town, are working long hours before and after school. After seeing some of those students at recesses and lunch, three o’clock feedings with Ethan and Ehlana are looking pretty good by comparison. I’ve never felt the need for a nap in the cafeteria or out on the football field bleachers; but we’re seeing that happen every day now.

Rowen and I had a good day at school, though I don’t really have anything exciting to report about from our classes or the school gossip network. We did the after school snack at my house, and then spent the rest of the afternoon with the twins. That included another walk, and today we stopped in for a visit with Dad and Aunt Leanne before going on to the falls. Ethan and Ehlana both loved going to see the waterfalls from the basin platform, so we sat down there for a while and had a quiet chat before moving on to the school playground for a little swing and slide action until dinnertime.

Mom had evening Magi lesson plans for Ethan, Ehlana, and me, so once the kitchen was cleaned up after we’d finished eating; Dad took care of the twins so that Mom could do my lesson first. We went up to my room for that, and I spent a very entertaining hour learning how to control the pressures and temperatures needed to physically turn graphite into diamond. I’ve done similar lessons before, but this was definitely the hardest so far. (Pun intended)

That was definitely the coolest lesson of the night, but we had just as much fun when we did a lesson in the elements with Ethan and Ehlana after that. Mom had them work with heat and pressure too; though they worked with air and water instead of graphite and diamond. We had them boil water; create a bit of steam pressure; and then reverse the process to dissipate the heat and energy. Just another average Magi family play night!

Dad was into his work by the time we were done that, so I helped Mom with the twins, and then we joined him in the office for our bedtime snack and telepathic story. Three out of five of us were tired out by the time Dad had finished telling us another entertaining tale, but he and Mom still had work to do; so I took Ethan and Ehlana into the living room to keep them entertained until they were done, and we could all go to bed.

That took another hour or so, which gave us enough time to watch one show on television while Ethan and Ehlana played on their iPads and I did a little surfing and emailing on my computer. Some of my friends at school joke about how they sometimes use messaging with their parents, brothers, or sisters even when they’re in the same room at home. I wonder what they’d think if I told them about doing the same with Mom, Dad, and the twins tonight while also keeping up both verbal and telepathic conversations with them – and with Mandy too! Then again, what does that say about me that I don’t find it weird to have my three-month old brother and sister messaging me on their iPads?

Wait a minute! When did they learn telekinetic typing? I just realized they were messaging me without using the voice recognition software. Okay, that’s very cute, guys; but you’re supposed to keep your big sister in the loop on things like this. Well, it looks like I’ve managed to get to the end of today’s journal with the very latest family news, so I’m going to finish this and take my giggling brother and sister up to their rooms on my way to bed. I definitely need to get more sleep to have any chance of keeping up with them!