Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 6, 2014



I’m very happy with the weather we’ve had this summer, but I can’t help commenting on the somewhat wacky forecasting that makes it tough sometimes to make plans more than a handful of hours ahead of time.

While I was working a lot today anyway and what the weather was like didn’t matter from a play perspective; that doesn’t change the fact that weather forecasters – at least in our area – are having trouble with their predictions.  That lack of accuracy worked out great for Tai Chi and football this morning; some swimming and play time this afternoon; and Mom and Dad’s baseball practice this evening and the play time that I had with Ethan and Ehlana while they were busy.

All of that, and most of my family business work tonight, was fun; but I don’t have anything particularly newsworthy to write about from any of that.  In fact, the only real news of the day is about the meeting that Aunt Leanne, Dad, Mom, and Uncle Adam had with Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace after baseball practice here at our house.  Michael was hanging out with me by then, and we took care of Ethan, Ehlana, and Zack in the lounge while they were busy with that; and I’m sure that it was just as entertaining as the meeting about Violet was a few years ago.

I’m sure that Mom will have a full write-up about it in her own journals, so I won’t pass on a lot of second-hand information; but we did talk about it for a little while once my aunts, uncles, cousin, and Michael had all gone home for the night.  They did a pretty good job of hiding it while they were still at the house with us – and with Michael – but Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace are definitely a bit freaked out right now.  The council always has doubts when outsiders are told about any of us, but I’m not worried about that with my aunt and uncle.  They love us; they are going to love their baby; and they will protect us.  For right now, the ‘us’ is very limited, and they’ll never know about Magi outside of our family; but they also weren’t told about all of us either.

For the purpose of this journal, though, the important thing is that Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam already began the first step in the baby’s prenatal training.  Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace don’t know this, but Mom helped Aunt Leanne with making the first empathic link, and since she’s already been through that with Zack; Aunt Leanne will lead most of the training for the baby with some help from Uncle Adam as it gets closer to the due date.  I won’t be involved in any of that, but it is going to be cool to hear about, and as I’ve mentioned; could be a big deal for future Magi baby development if it works out – and if the council allows it to be done with other Magi baby and non-Magi mother pregnancies.

With that meeting and baseball, it was after midnight by the time our guests had left and I’d kissed Michael goodnight.  I helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed after our little family chat and meeting recap; and then I got ready for bed right away after that.  I had my family business work done for the day, so the nightly computer checks didn’t take long; and now I’m ready to call it a night.  There is rain in the forecast again for Thursday, and lots of it; but if we don’t dodge yet another wet weather bullet; there’s still a chance that it won’t get in the way of my baseball practice or our camping night.  I’ll keep you posted on how that goes, but we’ll either be camping or doing a sleepover here rain or shine; and I want to get a bit of extra sleep now that I don’t expect to get tomorrow night.

There are a few little details here and there that I’m skipping – like Violet being at Dillon’s house for a sleepover tonight – but I really am just ready to nap now; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!