Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 24, 2014



The top personal news story of the day is that this update is coming to you on Monday morning instead of Sunday night because I fell asleep on the sofa with Michael at his house – and we didn’t wake up again until just before dawn!

That’s right, Michael and I spent the night together, and while I loved falling asleep and waking up in his arms; we also don’t remember anything else about the night – including having Miranda find us there in the living room and put a blanket over us instead of waking us up and sending me home.

Oh, and she apparently kissed us goodnight; took pictures; and send copies and a ‘your daughter is safe’ message to Mom and Dad.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I love Jacob and Miranda – and my own parents too?  The bonus hugs, teasing, and fun this morning was all so awesome!

All o that should be part of my Monday update, though; and I need to move this along because I’m writing it while getting ready to meet up with Rowen and go over to the school for cheerleading tryouts.

Sunday morning started way too early, and Michael and I had our bonus sleepover at least in part due to that lack of downtime on Saturday night.  Mom and Dad skipped Tai Chi, but Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden were all awake by dawn and at full power; so Michael and I led them through the latest forms that Naomi and Aiden are learning.  Then we were on the go non-stop until we got to church.  We helped with breakfast; getting kids ready for church; packing up tents; and anything else that Mom, Dad, and their gang of parent helpers needed.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were also group leaders for walking with the kids to the church and getting some of them re-united with their parents before the service started.  I was ready for another nap by then, but that wasn’t an option; and I managed to stay awake through both the first half of the service and Sunday school.

After that, it was off to the Inn to help out with the lunch crowd.  I wasn’t missing anything at home because Dad was playing catch-up on his work all day anyway; but the work still seemed a bit tougher around the Inn without Jake and Stephanie there.  Well, it actually was harder work because Miranda and Jacob had to rely on new hires to take over from their experienced college teens; and the learning curve can be steep.

By the way, if you’re thinking that isn’t true for servers, line cooks, and dishwashers; I’m guessing that you’ve never worked at the Inn or pub to know what you’re talking about.  I’m sure there are lots of high-powered bankers and executives that wouldn’t last an hour in the kitchen of a busy restaurant without quitting or getting fired.  You don’t need a PhD to do the jobs at the Inn – even though I unofficially have a couple of them – but it is hard, honest work that does take some skill and physical endurance to do well.

I don’t really have time to get side-tracked right now; so let’s move this along.  We worked our butts off all day, and while Rebecca, Jenny, and I could take most of our breaks together, Michael was often too busy with the dishwashing and bussing jobs when we had breaks in the prep line work; so we only got to take our dinner break together.  All of our breaks were short too, and we mostly just took time to jump in the river and cool off; grab some food and drinks; and then get back to the work.  It wasn’t as hot out today as the past few days; but it was still hot.  I won’t be complaining about spending that beautiful summer weather in a hot kitchen because we’ve had such an awesome summer already; but there were definitely some teens at the Inn wishing they were playing instead of working.

The dining room at the Inn never really cleared out at all today – there were late lunch diners and early-birds for the first buffet.  Adding that to dealing with the ‘new kids’ and some older teens learning new jobs and took over from Jake, Stephanie, and the other collegians had the rest of us working as fast as we could – and also explains why Michael and I were so exhausted by the time we helped to close the Inn before going home with his parents and Rebecca.  We had drinks and a snack in the living room while winding down after getting home, and I was supposed to just have a little alone time with Michael for a cuddle and goodnight kiss after everyone else went up to bed; so I honestly didn’t expect to just have both of us fall asleep.

We didn’t really even get around to the goodnight kisses part of that plan.  We stretched out on the sofa for the cuddling; I closed my eyes for a minute; and that was it.  I fell asleep first for sure, or I’d be able to remember hearing Michael doze off first, but if he remembers and knows that; he isn’t admitting it to anyone today – or at least not in front of our parents, Rebecca, Ethan, or Ehlana.

The good morning wake-up kisses more than made up for the kisses we missed out on last night; which just has me thinking that we’ll need to fall asleep together again sometime soon – just not so often that we get into trouble for it!

Anyway, since I was unconscious after that, there isn’t any more news to report from yesterday, and as I mentioned already; I’ll cover the rest of the news from this morning with my next update – which should be awesome if everything with football and cheerleading goes as well as we hope today.

Wish me luck; and until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!