Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 3, 2014



Our streak of weather timing luck came to an abrupt end this morning, though other than being indoors for Tai Chi and getting rained on anytime we were outdoors pretty much anytime until after lunch; it really didn’t mess up anything important.  After the rain ended, we also had a very nice afternoon and evening.

My morning was especially busy because Michael and I needed to be at the church early for teen praise team warm-ups, so I just had a quick breakfast on the fly between Tai Chi and getting ready for our second appearance leading the music for our service.  That, by the way, was a lot of fun; and part of the reason for that was getting to enjoy watching my father and aunt being particularly proud of us for something that they actually could talk about openly with their neighbors and friends.  Michael and I didn’t do anything special, and just sang our parts in the group; but we still got noticed by a lot of people anyway.  I won’t toot our own horn on that; other than to comment again that it’s really great to both love doing music together and have some talent for it.

Oh, and while I’m thinking about that, if you’re musing that we could have fun even if we didn’t have any talent for music; don’t forget that I have a perfect photographic memory.  If I was a terrible singer or musician, I wouldn’t be able to do it at all and then be stuck with those permanent bad memories.  I get enough of those kinds of moments in everyday life without inflicting them on myself.

Moving along, we stayed indoors as much as possible all morning, and the usual social time after the church service was in the reception hall instead of outside so that we could all stay dry.  We drove back and forth between home and the church, so we didn’t get totally soaked; and Ethan, Ehlana, and I had Mom and Dad to ourselves for lunch before they got to work in the office and I hung out with the twins until going to help out at the Inn.  Michael came over for his break, and we took Ethan and Ehlana swimming and for an Emporium ice cream snack break that Mom and Dad joined us for and sponsored.

We didn’t spend much time with Rowen and Tim today, but they were busy with other things too.  It was a busy day at the Inn, so we only took little breaks here and there while trying to keep up with the work.  The entertainment while we worked came from Jenny.  I was a little surprised that she decided to help out, but there’s also a chance that had more to do with wanting to tell Rebecca and me all about her adventures with Jonathan, his family, and friends than about making a few bucks after a week off.

Without going into the details that I don’t really need to know; I’ll just concede that Jenny had a more exciting week than Rebecca or I did here.  Some of those adventures would have been fun, but there were other things that she told Rebecca and me about that were too much info for me; and uncomfortable for Rebecca.  I totally get why Jenny needed to talk with her best friend; but have to wonder if she totally forgot that Rebecca did have a tough time getting over Jonathan.  I’m sure that everyone who has ever experienced that first-love break-up after crossing over can relate to that; but I’ll also mention that Rebecca handled the situation really well.

Other than being really busy at the Inn, I don’t really have much else to report from there.  Since you already know that Jenny was with us there, you know that Christina and Josiah were back home by then; and Violet and Dillon were home in time to go to the late buffet at the Inn with our collective families too.  I missed out on that, and Jake and Stephanie joined their four friends at my house for some chat time after we closed the Inn; but that’s why Michael and I had our wind down cuddle time at his house instead.  Rebecca went home with Jenny tonight; so we had a little visit with his parents while having that cuddle time; and then I went home after that when we were all ready to call it a night.

I was back in time to tuck Ethan and Ehlana in for the night, and followed that up with some Jacuzzi time that I again really needed – and Mandy appreciated.  Your cat might not tell you about things like that; but Mandy doesn’t have a problem with a little honesty with me – not that she said anything tonight.  I wouldn’t have been spending any time cuddling with Michael if I was fragrant enough to have her actually complaining. ;^)

Violet and Dillon are still hosting their friends, but Mom and Dad have gone to bed now; and I’m going to be in nap mode about five minutes after I wrap this up.  Compared to last week, we actually have quite a bit on the go this week – starting with a birthday party tomorrow for Denise.  That’ll be an especially big deal for her, since it’ll be her first big event with new boyfriend, Luke; but I’ll have more on that with my next update.  While I’ll be at her party with Michael, Tim, and Rowen; I’ll miss out on the future plans and family business meeting; but Ethan and Ehlana will handle a couple of things that it’s time to pass on to Mom and Dad now.  I’ll do an update for that too, but it might not be until Tuesday night if I don’t get the news from that meeting whenever I get home tomorrow night.

There’s rain in the forecast off and on again through a lot of the coming week, but if the weather cooperates; this is a baseball weekend with a game on Friday night and two on Saturday.  Weather might affect our tentative plan for another Tuesday biking adventure after football; but I’ll keep you posted on that too.  Rain won’t get in the way of our camping night – we’d just move that indoors if needed.  I’m expecting another baseball night babysitting gig on Friday; though Mom and Dad haven’t confirmed that with me yet.  There isn’t much else going on other than baseball for the weekend; but we are having our third-annual amusement park adventure next Monday and Tuesday.  I don’t have all of the details for that either yet, but it is apparently going to be bigger and better than last year.

I’d say that’s looking far enough into the future for tonight, and I’m really ready to get some sleep now instead of waiting up for Violet and a bit of girl-chat time.  We can do that sometime tomorrow instead; and I have no idea how long she’ll be up with Dillon and the others.  The next couple of weeks should be a lot of fun, and I should get the rest when I can; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!