Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 27, 2014



Rowen and I made the cheerleading squad!

There were no surprise changes with the returning members of the team.  Dani and Linda picked Anna Marie Palmer and Erica Bassett for the grade eleven girls; and Jenny and Tammy are back again too.

Our success has the downside of putting us in the doghouse with Vanessa and Nora, though while they’re mad at us for messing up their plans for cheerleading glory; I doubt that they’d honestly suggest that we didn’t deserve our spots on the squad.  I’ll leave that there, since I can’t do anything about how they’re feeling anyway; and it was pretty much the only bump in an otherwise really good day.

That started with Tai Chi by the river and Michael stayed for breakfast before going to get ready for his football practice.  Rowen and I had a lot of fun with the workout and final tests that Dani put all of us through; and even Mother Nature seemed to be on our side today.  I say that because we conveniently got hit with some rain while doing our cheerleading routines; and that really let Rowen and I show off that rain-themed routine we’d put together.  While everything else we did added up; that might have sealed the deal for us today.

We didn’t get to spend much time with them after our practice, but Michael and Tim were excited and happy for us when they found out the news; and we’re sure that our boys are even more motivated now to make the football team than they were before – not that they’re worried about us being around a bunch of guys without them every Friday night for the next few months if they don’t make it this season.

Okay, maybe they’re a little worried about that – even though they don’t need to be.

That bonus motivation had Michael and Tim fired up for the afternoon half of their practice, and from what Michael told me tonight; they’re doing pretty well compared to most of the younger guys – and even some of the seniors.  We’re both feeling pretty good about their chances for making the team; but I’ll still hold off on calling that a done deal until they hear for sure tomorrow.  Michael was a bit wound up when he went home tonight; so he might be having trouble sleeping tonight, but knowing Tim; he’s probably out like a light.

I’m seriously thinking about getting into a lights out kind of state soon too; so let’s speed this up a bit.  After Rowen and I had our micro-celebration with Michael and Tim, we stopped in for a visit at the computer store; and then Rowen stayed to work while I went home.  This was supposed to be a work day for me, and I did get a bit of family business work done; but I also spent most of the afternoon helping Mom with getting the house ready for incoming weekend guests.  We had some rain off and on while doing that work; but it had cleared up a bit by dinnertime.

We had an easy-dinner meal around some pre-cooking that Mom was doing for the weekend; and then cleaned up in time for Mom and Dad to get to their baseball practice.  I played at the park with Ethan, Ehlana, Aiden, and Naomi; and then went to meet up with Michael at the Inn in time to walk him home after he helped his parents and sister close the Inn for the night.  We went for a swim that Rebecca, Ethan, and Ehlana joined us for; I helped Michael with another Magi Healing session; and then he pretty much went home shortly after we tucked the twins in for the night.

I’ve done a light version of my nightly computing; finished one family business project I’d worked on in the afternoon; and multi-tasked most of that with some Jacuzzi time.  The late nights have caught up with me, though, and we’ll be in for more of the same starting tomorrow; so I’m going to be early tonight to make sure that I’m at least at full power at the start of what is going to be five or six crazy-busy days.

We haven’t really covered everything that happened today, but those are the highlights for me; so it’ll have to do.

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!