Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 2, 2014



There isn’t really anything particularly exciting to report for this update; but we’ve still had one of those really good days.

Tai Chi and breakfast helped to get the day off to the usual good start; and we followed that up with a few hours of yard work that was mostly dirty work in the gardens for me.  While I’m thinking about gardens, I should mention that I haven’t mentioned gardening at Grandma and Grandpa’s house while they’re away because we’re not doing any of that work.  They hired help for the yard work; and one of the young neighbor mothers is trading free veggies for getting part of the crop back in canned and frozen goods.  Dad and Aunt Leanne would have done the work if they’d asked, but let’s be honest – none of us really wanted to add six weeks of that work to our already packed schedules.

We wouldn’t have had nearly as much fun today if there had been another few hours of work to do there too; so I’m really glad that having a play afternoon and evening was an option – especially when it also meant getting to spend some quality time with my aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few friends.  That started with a barbeque lunch that Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack joined us for once we were all done our chores for the day.  I’ll get to that part of the story in a moment, but before I do that; this is a good place for a family pregnancy update.

Since Aunt Grace was with us first today; let’s begin with the latest with her – and it’s big news!

Her baby is a Magi!

That really is news for some of us, since today was the first time that Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I could sense the Magi aura growing within Aunt Grace.  I won’t tell you that it was a surprise to three of us, because it wasn’t – even if we didn’t know the exact timing for when that would become physically – or empathically – apparent to others.  As with all babies, nobody else could sense that yet too; and most Magi in town won’t be able to do that at all right up until the baby is born – except for the few who have been allowed to find out how to sense auras.  I’m sure that Mom has talked with Dad about it by now, but they’ll need to have a chat with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and probably at least a few members of the council before deciding how to handle things with Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace.  The baby will be much better off if they can do some pre-natal development, but that would mean adding two more non-Magi to the fairly exclusive club of adults who know about us.  I don’t know for sure whether the council will balk at that – particularly when one of those people aren’t even from a home-town family; but the twins and I do know what is supposed to happen.

Stay tuned – I’ll keep you posted on that story.

Aunt Deborah’s pregnancy is a bit ahead of Aunt Grace’s; and she’s already working on her pre-natal development and the empathic link.  Mom’s still available if needed; but Aunt Deborah knows what she’s doing now, and is even teaching some Magi mothers the techniques since she’s in a good position to do that through the clinic.  Both babies and their mothers are doing fine; though they’ll need to start taking it a bit easier for the rest of the summer – especially on the hottest days.

We had really awesome weather for our play time and barbeques.  Lunch was simple, with burgers, dogs, and cold salad sides.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I stayed with Zack and the parents today instead of having a picnic on the dock like they preferred to do most of the time.  I took a turn at keeping Zack entertained, but left the feeding mess to Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam.  Zack may be a very strong Magi, and his education is humming right along; but he’s quite possibly one of the messiest Magi babies of all time.  If he’s just making that part of his ‘normal baby’ act, he isn’t admitting it to anyone; but does seem to enjoy making the messes and watching the reactions from everyone around him.  Today was not the first time I’ve wondered whether he has just a few too many genes in common with Chris and Martin; and that’s more than a little scary to think about him growing up to be like them while having the kind of power he’ll have.

Let’s not go any farther down that thought path and move along.

We played all afternoon, and that included a canoe ride; games in the back yard; some playground time at the park; and one or more swims.  Michael joined us during his afternoon break for one of the swims and the playground action; but then he was back at work again and didn’t come back until his family joined us at the campfire after closing the Inn for the day.  Our barbeque dinner was more substantial than lunch, and in addition to having Uncle Nick, Aunt Deborah, and Leah with us; we also had quite a few friends with us too – including the Emersons, Burroughs, Seagers, and Drapers.

Dinner was late to accommodate the working parents, but I helped out with kid control as they were dropped off or came over with at least one parent.  Naomi and Aiden had spent part of the afternoon with Ethan and Ehlana, but they were easier to take care of than Leah, Zack, Eli, Hailey, and Rebekkah.  I had some help with the kids from Rowen and Tim when they came over with Patrick ahead of Rowen’s parents; and Tim did pretty well with entertaining the boys – even if he pretends that it’s the worst job in the world.  Maybe I’ll pick up a couple of blow-up footballs the next time I’m in the city and see if he’s happier if he can play football with Zack and the other younger kids.

Our evening meal had ‘real’ food involved compared to lunch, with chicken and steak options off of the grill; corn on the cob; baked potatoes; and several side veggies and salads.  The Drapers provided the Olde Bakery dessert and buns; and everyone else contributed at least one dish or some of the meats – even if that only meant dropping off something earlier than Mom, Dad, and their volunteer crew cooked up.  Tim, Rowen, Patrick, and I were at a pair of kids’ tables; and this time, I did help out with feeding the younger kids – including Zack.

We did not have a food fight, but you wouldn’t have known that by the amount of food that was on both Zack and me.  I did not wait a half hour before going into the river to clean off; and I took my adorable and messy cousin in with me.  Note to me – try putting my hair up in a bun or something when feeding Zack.  A ponytail was not enough to keep the food out of my hair; and having Zack yank on it with sticky, dirty hands is really gross.  He thought that was hilarious; but it took washing my hair twice tonight to get the last bits of baby food mush out of my hair.

The rest of the evening included a lot of game playing in the back yard, a couple of swims; and a campfire that started at dusk.  With our family, friends, and neighbors all staying or coming over for the campfire fun, I wasn’t surprised to get called on for some duet action with Michael within minutes of him joining us there with his parents, Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca.  We actually did most of the music from that point on because we also had one of the shortest campfires of the summer so far – and started wrapping things up by eleven o’clock.  That didn’t give Michael and I much cuddle time, but we still had fun.  We were on the clean-up crew while most of the younger parents dealt with sleeping babies or toddlers and all of our guests started heading home for the night.  My goodnight kiss with Michael wasn’t exactly memorable either; unless you count the whistles and teasing from Miranda and Jake.  Memo number two to me – try not to let Jake have too much time without other friends around him.  He has way too much fun teasing Michael when he doesn’t have Dillon and Josiah around to keep him busy.

Okay, so the goodnight kiss wasn’t anything to write home about – or here in my journal; but I did have an entertaining pair of goodnight chats with Ethan and Ehlana on my way up to my room after they were tucked in for the night.  Then it was time for some Jacuzzi action that included getting my hair thoroughly clean.  After a busy work and play day, I’m sure that Mandy appreciated my efforts as much as I was happy to get rid of those clumps of sticky that had been bugging me since dinnertime.

I’ve been doing a light version of my nightly computing since then, and while there wasn’t much going on around the family that I heard about through email tonight, I did have a bit of family business work come up; so I spent a half hour or so dealing with that before getting started on this update.  That was just some boring number crunching, so I won’t put you to sleep with that – though it has helped me to be ready to doze off for the night.

Violet, Dillon, Christina, and Josiah will be home again tomorrow, but other than that; we don’t have much going on tomorrow.  Dad will be working in the office, and I’ll be helping out with the Sunday buffet again; but I don’t expect to be doing much of anything else other than the usual Sunday morning action.  I do want to be able to keep up with the work at the Inn tomorrow, though; so let’s wrap this up and call it a night.

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!