Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 13, 2014



There is one top story for me today, and while Rowen and I are keeping it a secret for now from everyone – including Michael and Tim; it’ll be history for anyone reading this in the future.

We’re going to try out for the football cheerleading squad!

Rowen talked to me about it this morning, and I’m sure that her interest in being a cheerleader had a lot to do with everything we heard from Erin and Jenny while we were away over the past two days.  I should also mention that it was a surprise for me, and while that might surprise you; I have mentioned before that I’m not allowed to know about everything that’s supposed to happen – and this was apparently one of those things.  I do like the idea of being able to go to all of the football games without needing to arrange rides or inconvenience anyone in our families to do that; but Rowen also has some big-time nervousness about putting herself out in the spotlight like that – something she’s rarely done before.

She has obviously been thinking about it for a while, though; and is totally serious about going for it.  We talked about it this morning while the boys were at their football training session at the park.  We went along, and had been ready to help out, but they had a good turnout of guys; so we sat in the bleachers and watched the action instead.  We eventually had some company, but not right at first; and that gave us time to put our heads together and talk after Rowen hit me with that little bombshell of a suggestion.  I told her that I hadn’t really thought about being a cheerleader at all, and that’s mostly because I’m still used to thinking about always keeping a low profile even when it isn’t really necessary anymore when Gawain knows exactly where we are.  That doesn’t mean that I was against the idea, but I can assure you that I wouldn’t have done this on my own.  Rowen really wants to do this, even though it’s scary for her too; and I’m going to be there all the way for my best friend.

We spent some time off and on today talking about it and making our secret plans; but we’ll start our own training in earnest tomorrow.  There’s a week and a half to go until the cheerleading tryouts begin a week from Monday; and Rowen wants a crash course in dance, gymnastics, and cheerleading.  That might sound impossible to some of you reading this, but we do have some advantages that make that easy enough for us – and not just through using our Magi talents.  Rowen and I are the top two girl athletes in our grade, for one thing, so while Rowen might not know a lot about dance, and we only learn basic gymnastics at our school; she is in great shape.  My photographic memory will come in handy because I know all of the cheers from last season and can teach them to Rowen.  That’s where the Magi talent will come in handy, though; since I can also teach all of that to her in a way that’ll be almost identical to her own memories – and as if she’s always known how to do those things.  All that we’ll need to do on top of that is practice and get our bodies in sync with what we do – or soon will – know.

Going off-topic for a moment; you might be wondering why I don’t just do that for teaching other things.  That’s an easy one to answer – it’d be a lot of work for everything; and overwhelming to the recipient.  With this we’re talking about a few dozen cheer routines, some dance and gymnastics lessons, and a handful of memories related to the topic that Rowen will find helpful.  I could force-feed other kinds of information to people, but that doesn’t mean it would make sense to them – or that they could even process volumes of data let alone retain those memories long-term.  Most of the time, it’s way better for someone to learn at their own pace and capabilities; though I’ll also add that Rowen’s own abilities are extraordinary, so this is well-within her capabilities.

I’ll keep you posted on how that goes for us, but before we move on; I also want to mention that this choice is going to put us into some teen drama.  When tryouts start, I will add more to that, and I haven’t mentioned it to Rowen yet; but there are other girls in our class planning on trying out for the squad too.  Though we might be a surprise to everyone else, I have a lot of confidence in our chances of success for making the squad; which will end up putting us in the doghouse with some or all of those girls.

Okay, you’re smart enough to guess at the two most-likely to be peeved at us for this; but I’ll still wait for that part of this new adventure to unfold before going there.

I’m ready to get on with the rest of the update now, so let’s leave cheerleading and move on.  It’s been another beautiful day, and getting back to Tai Chi by the river was great – even though we were all a bit tired.  With Alicia being done her summer job now, I helped out more with the morning chores before and after breakfast, and then headed for the park with Rowen, Michael, and Tim while Mom, Violet, and Dillon took Ethan and Ehlana with them to the lab for the morning.  I worked on the family business after football and kept up with some loads of laundry until lunchtime while Rowen and Tim were busy and Michael was home mowing the lawn before going to the Inn to help out with the lunch rush.

Mom brought Ethan and Ehlana home for lunch while Violet and Dillon were doing their own thing; and then I took custody of the twins for the afternoon.  We biked, played, swan, and had Michael with us too while he was on his afternoon break.  It was an easy-dinner night; I took care of the usual group of kids while the parents were at their ball practice; and then I spent a little time with Michael at his house before going home for the night in time to do the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana.  We were all pretty much exhausted by then, so we didn’t get back to Magi lessons, and Mom and Dad only did the work that couldn’t wait until tomorrow before going to bed too.

I came up to my room right after tucking the twins in for the night, but needed to spend some quality time with my Jacuzzi before getting ready for some cuddle time with Mandy and a decent night of rest.  By the time I climbed into bed, I had the rest of my nightly computing finished – along with some bonus family business work; so once I’m finished with this update, I can get started on that down time.

Our camping night is on for tomorrow, and it’s going to be at Michael’s house this week; so getting the extra sleep will come in handy – especially if we have another late night.  Before I go there, though; I should add a few more micro news items.  While I was busy at the park with my evening babysitting, Violet was starting to pack for her return to college.  I’d still like to stay in denial about that; but that’s getting tougher to do now that we’re practically down to counting hours before she and Dillon leave on Saturday.

There were some email from around the family tonight too, ranging from the latest summer vacation news from Dawn and Jillian to most recent updates about the Labor Day weekend plans.  We’re going to have all of our family here for that because they were all away for the Fourth of July this year; but Uncle Adam and Aunt Deborah won’t have as many members of their family joining in for the fun.  I’m looking forward to having everyone here for the visit; but have no idea how I’ll have much time to spend with anyone – especially now that Rowen and I might have both football and baseball games to deal with that weekend on Friday and Saturday and the buffets at the Inn on Monday.  Sunday might be the only day we’ll have to spend with our families – and even that will be after we spend the morning doing the Sunday service with the teen praise team.

Okay, I’m getting exhausted just thinking about all of that, so it’s time to wrap this up and head off to dreamland for the night.  Maybe my subconscious will take a look at the potential Michael and me fun that might go along with being a high school football star and his cheerleader girlfriend!

That might be too much information for the male half of the Magi reading this in the future; but who says that those kinds of fantasies have to be just for guys?  Isn’t it refreshing to know that Magi Masters have a mostly-normal life when it comes to things like that?  Of course we do have the ability to actually make some normally-impossible fantasies come true; but that’s another story for another report! ;^)

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!