Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 16, 2014



I’ve ended up having a strangely quiet day even though it feels as though I’ve been on the go most of the time too.

We started the morning out with Tai Chi by the river; had breakfast after Violet and Dillon left to go and have that meal at his house; and then I mostly helped Mom out with the housework and laundry while Dad dodged the occasional splash of rain here and there to do his usual Saturday morning chores outside.  There was a break in that action when Violet and Dillon came back; loaded her things into the car; and then hit the road for college – a break that was a blast of activity and too short.  It was probably a good thing that we didn’t drag out the goodbye hugs and kisses; and getting back to the chores helped to keep us busy during that first few hours when the house felt a bit emptier.

While I’m thinking about Violet, I haven’t really mentioned her ongoing Magi training this summer in my journal, but Mom has been working with her; and you can read about how that’s going in Mom’s training journals if you’re interested.  I haven’t really done very much Magi stuff with Violet lately, but since you could say that about nearly everything this summer; that isn’t really surprising.  I’m sure she has more fun doing those kinds of things with Dillon or Stephanie anyway – just as I do with Rowen or Michael.

That’s a nice lead-in to the next part of my update – the post-lunch cheerleading practice that Rowen and I did at her house once she was finished helping out at the computer store.  We didn’t have a lot of time to work on that, but we managed to get through a few routines – and start putting one new one together.  A little birdie might have let us know that coming up with our own routines might be part of the cheerleading tryouts this year; but she didn’t – and doesn’t – know that we’d be interested in joining the squad.  We still have some work to do on that routine; but it’s going to be cool when we have it ready.

Rowen had plans for the rest of the day with Tim, so I went home again after we were finished having fun and then took Ethan and Ehlana out for a ride and park play time.  Michael joined us for most of that once he was set free for the day from the Inn; and we had a blast mostly just goofing around with the twins for the rest of the day while Mom and Dad mostly worked in the office.  There were still a few sprinkles of rain for a while, but that really just helped to cool us off a little; and when that wasn’t enough, we went for swims a few times and one Emporium ice cream run that included picking up treats for Mom and Dad.

We had an easy dinner night with burgers hot dogs and salads with just the six of us; followed that up with some family play time; and the we went for one last swim before Michael and I took Ethan and Ehlana up to the lounge to watch a movie after getting them ready for bed.  Mom and Dad went back to work in the office them; though that was mostly because Dad was hoping to get enough work done that he’d have time to spend with Ethan and Ehlana tomorrow afternoon instead of getting stuck working all day again.  They came up to get Ethan and Ehlana at nearly the same time the movie ended; said goodnight to Michael and me; and then they all went to bed early.

I won’t write anything about why my parents might have wanted to go to bed early; but only because I don’t really want to think about what they were up to while I was having fun making out with my boyfriend once we were alone.  That’s way too weird even for a Magi Master teen; so maybe we’ll just skip the make-out session part of my report tonight too.

We did have fun, though – Michael and me; not... well, I’m sure Mom and Dad had fun too...  I’ll just shut-up now. ;^)

Michael went home at midnight; I got ready for bed; and Mandy and I have been cuddling together while I’ve been doing my usual nightly computing and some family business work.  Violet and Dillon got to school safely; I had an email from Dawn and Jillian with an update on their summer and news that they were hoping to meet up with us for the annual back-to-school shopping trip; and Rowen checked in for a bedtime text-chat that mostly included comparing notes on how hot our respective boyfriend alone time was tonight.

Would you like to guess the answer to that?

Here’s a hint – it’s the quiet ones you have to worry about.

Now you just have to figure out whether I meant that to be about Michael or Rowen; since everyone knows that Tim and I are definitely not quiet.

Okay, it’s obviously time for me to get some sleep now, and there isn’t anything else to report anyway; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!