Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cassie's Journal - August 19, 2014



I was back to full-power again this morning after a good night of rest, but before I get to the daily report; let’s do a travel update for Grandma and Grandpa that I’m overdue for writing about here.

They’ll be home again a week from today, and are on the last leg of their trip in Malaysia now before starting to make their way back home this weekend.  You can read about their trip details in their own travel journals, but I will note that they had a really productive two weeks in South Korea; and not quite so much success in Malaysia so far.  There is so much that we hope to do in Asia, but as with everywhere these days; our biggest problems with both our businesses and charities are government-related.  It’s been way too nice a day to get into that kind of rant tonight, though; so I’m not going to go there.  It’ll be nice to have Grandma and Grandpa home in time for the holiday weekend; and they’ll be staying home until after Zack’s first birthday – and the fall festival.

While my grandparents are working and playing in Malaysia, we’ve had a busy but mostly uneventful day here at home.  For me, busy started with Tai Chi by the river; I helped Mom with breakfast for four after Michael went home to have breakfast there before going on to the park for football; and then Rowen came over for our cheerleading training while the boys were busy.  We did that in the exercise room after helping Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana ready to go and seeing them off to the lab for the day.  I might not have chosen to try out for cheerleading on my own, but I have to say that Rowen and I are having a lot of fun – and I’ll modestly say that we’re pretty good too.  Okay, we do have some advantages while training in secret – like being able to talk telepathically, but that only helps us now; and we will have to play normal teens during tryouts.

If you’re currently imagining what Magi-powered cheerleaders could do, that’s okay; because Rowen and I have had some play time experimenting with that.  Too bad we can’t do things like that in public; since the aerials would be very cool to watch! ;^)

We didn’t do too much of that, and mostly concentrated on learning the routines from last year and working on the new routines we know we’ll need as part of the tryouts.  It’s down to days now before tryouts start next Monday; but I’m sure that we’ll be ready.  Rowen feels pretty good about it right now too; and her biggest worry is about what we’d do if we make the cheerleading squad and Michael and Tim don’t get on the team this season.  That would totally suck, and so would having any other combination of one, two, or three of us make the squad or team; but I’m not going to worry about that at all.  That isn’t due to any Sight foreknowledge or anything – I just think that Rowen and I are good enough, and Michael and Tim are the best athletes in our Grade, so if any Niners are going to make the team this season; they’ll be on that list.  That isn’t a given because the coaches and Principal Jacobs are very serious about player safety; and there have been seasons when no freshman are allowed to play.

No, I don’t think that’ll happen this year; but we’ll see how it goes.

While Rowen and I had fun with our little workout, and had some bonus play time when we went for a cool-down swim with Michael and Tim after they were finished their training; it was time to get to work after that for all of us.  Rowen and Tim left to get on to their own chores, and I helped Michael with his yard work.  We mowed the lawn with two lawn tractors; helped Miranda and Rebecca with the gardening; and had a subs and salads lunch once the work was finished by one o’clock.

We were set free after that, and met up with Rowen and Tim to go biking at the park for the afternoon.  That play time started with a construction site tour, and there’s been a lot going on that we haven’t really kept up with lately.  There’s still some finishing work going on at the lab, but none of that is visible from outside – except for the trucks and extra worker vehicles in the parking lots.  The new medical center building site is a hive of activity as the framing work nears completion; and there is a small batch of houses in the new section of town that will be ready for move-ins next week.  Other housing projects will continue into the fall; but the big project there will be the second apartment building that will bookend the roads of the new section of town with the first apartment building.  Construction on that starts in September, with the same building plan – to have the shell up by winter so that the construction guys can work indoors until spring.

It was an awesome, hot afternoon for biking, and though we didn’t have time for a long ride this week; we had a blast hitting the trails at the park.  I wish that we had more time this summer for going on another big ride or three; but that isn’t going to happen – especially since we’ll all be busy next week with football and cheerleading.  While I’m thinking about football, I should have noted that we didn’t do our usual Tuesday football practice at the Norton farm today.  Michael and Tim would have liked to do that, but missing the Monday chores day at Michael’s house meant that we couldn’t take the extra time to bike out there and back without working most of the afternoon; and Lucas was busy anyway.  Our camping night on Thursday is still on, though; and this week, it will be at Tim’s house – as part of his birthday party.

Anyway, we biked; went for a couple of swims in the river; and had an ice cream run to the Emporium during the three hours or so we had available to hang out together.  Michael and I needed to be at his house for dinner by five-thirty – or more specifically, to help out with some of the work.  Dinner was shortly after six because Jacob and Miranda were also hosting Stephanie’s parents and combining dinner with a little pre-departure meeting for their favorite collegians.  Michael and I weren’t there for that because we were at our teen praise team practice instead.  We’d missed the last one while away on our amusement park adventure, so we had a bit of catching up to do for the music we’ll be performing at the service on the holiday weekend.

We’ll put in an extra practice or two on our own to catch up, but we also weren’t really all that far behind either because most of the other teens wait until the last week or so to really get ready for the services – or at least that’s been my observation so far since we were invited to join.  That might be different during the school year.  Our practice went until nearly eight-thirty tonight, and then we moved on to my house to help Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana through bath time and eventually into bed.  Mom also did a Magi lesson with the four of us; we had a chat with Dad while tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night; and then Michael and I came up to the lounge for some overdue alone time while Mom went to do some work in the office.

As usual, I won’t go into the details and risk turning my journal into a voyeur’s literary paradise, but Michael and I had fun while not watching a movie; clothing was optional; and Magi-powered play might have been involved.  Use your imagination – we did! ;^)

Tomorrow is a work day, so Michael went home shortly before midnight; I hopped into my Jacuzzi for a long soak after he left; and started working on my usual nightly computing and some family business work that I decided not to leave until morning.  The only reason I opted for the bath time is because Mom hopped into her tub too after finishing up her work in the office when Michael went home; but I also didn’t want to stay up too late tonight – which is why it’s only coming up on twelve-thirty now as I’m writing this.  Using a little time-phasing to do that still tires me out as much as if I’d stayed up until three or four; but I’ll make up for that tomorrow night so I’ll still be ready for Tim’s birthday party and campout on Thursday.

I guess that’s all I have for tonight.  It’s hard to believe that we’re now less than two weeks away from going back to school, but after tomorrow; we’ve got so much on the go between now and then that I’ll barely have time to even think about that.  Actually, I don’t want to think about any of that right now at all – or anything else except some happy dreaming with Michael in a starring role; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!