Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Cassie's Journal - July 6, 2014



Happy 1st Anniversary, Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace!
Happy 1st Anniversary since we officially started dating, Michael!

 Welcome home for your summer vacations Dawn, Jillian, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and Jayden!  I guess that I should have done that for Jonathan, Kara, Eddie, and Nicole on Thursday, but since I didn’t; consider it done now.



I’m glad that my cousins are here, and Dawn, Jillian, and I have had fun tonight after I got home from the Inn; but I’ve basically missed out on all of the action today up until then while I was busy helping out with the holiday weekend buffets.  It’s been a really long day too, so this is going to be one of those short reports.



Tai Chi by the river was good; breakfast at Michael’s with his family was great; and the church service in the park was best-ever-so-far kind of awesome!  Michael and I loved every minute of that hour and a half blast of high-energy fun, and I’ll humbly agree with our families and friends that we – the teen praise team – did a great job today.  There’s so much more that I could write about that, but then again, if you’re really interested; the service was recorded and is probably already posted on the church intranet site; so feel free to look it u and watch for yourselves.



The next nine hours or so was all work with a little bit of play time here and there.  Rebecca, Jenny, and I worked together most of the time; though I helped Michael out on dishwashing duty a few times too when that end of the process started getting bogged down toward the end of each buffet sitting and the start of the next.  It was also very hot again today – back into the triple digits both outside and in the kitchen.  We did have regular, short breaks; but we spent most of that time jumping in the river for a quick swim; drying off; and getting something to drink and eat before getting right back into the fray.



My family was at the Inn for the last buffet of the night as a joint anniversary party and welcome home dinner for the cousins; but I didn’t join them for that – even though Miranda tried to get me to do that.  I’ve got one or two weeks to spend with my cousins, and while I missed out on the anniversary party too; I wouldn’t have spent any time to speak of with my aunt and uncle anyway – I’d have been on kid control.  I was also a sweaty, wrung-out mess by then too; so I’m sure that my family and the other diners were just as happy not to have me in the room with them; if you know what I mean.



Michael, Rebecca, Jenny, and I were set free a little before the clean-up was done and Jake and Stephanie were ready to close up for the night; so we went back to my house; Jonathan joined us there; and we went swimming for an hour or so – along with Dawn, Jillian, Violet, Dillon, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Jake and Stephanie joined us after they were done work too; and then they hung out with Violet and Dillon for a while before going home with Michael and Rebecca at around eleven o’clock.  Dillon went home then too, while Jonathan and Jenny headed off somewhere to hang out together for however long they stayed up before going to bed.



I had some chat time with Violet, Dawn, and Jillian after helping to get Ethan and Ehlana off to bed; and then we collectively decided to get some sleep and finish playing catch-up in the morning.  Dawn and Jillian each have their own rooms this year, since that’s what they wanted to do; so Mandy and I are on our own tonight – which makes doing this and the rest of my usual bedtime computing much easier.  We’re just doing a no-plan play day tomorrow, but I’m sure we’ll also going to be busy, and camping may be an option too; so I’d better finish this up and call it a night.



This Fourth of July holiday weekend might not rate best-ever-so-far for me, but it has been awesome; and I’m sure that the next couple of weeks will be just as amazing!



Stay tuned, and I’ll keep you posted, but for now; until next time...



...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!