Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cassie's Journal - July 30, 2014



Nothing happened today; so, until next time...



...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!



***

Okay, that was fun for a change; but my day was slightly more eventful than that – if not by much.  Yes, it was a work day, but we managed to have a bit of fun here and there too; and it’s been another hot, amazing summer weather day too.  That was good for Tai Chi this morning; breakfast on the back porch; and a little swim in the river time for Ethan, Ehlana, and me before they went to the lab with Mom for the morning and I got to work in the office – along with doing some laundry and house work with Alicia.



Mom brought a small gang home with her for lunch, and Alicia and I did most of the work getting the food ready for that.  The twins and I had that meal out on the dock while the adults and college teens hung out around the back porch.  When Mom went back to work at the lab, I kept Ethan and Ehlana with me and we went for a bike ride to the park.  Michael met up with us there for his afternoon break, but Rowen and Tim were doing their own things today – and that’s plural because they weren’t doing that together.



I know, it’s shocking; but even us ‘town kid’ couples have to spend some time apart now and then due to other commitments.



While we were with Michael, we biked the main trail once; ran around at the playground; went for a swim; and then ended that time with a ice cream run to the Emporium.  We ate those ice creams while sitting by the river behind the Inn, and then Michael went back to work while Ethan, Ehlana, and I went home and hung out in the back yard until dinnertime.  It was a quick and easy meal night; I was back at the park to help out with kid control during the co-ed baseball practice; and then Mom and Dad took us home and opted for another quiet night there instead of some pub fun with their friends.  Mom did a Magi lesson with the twins and me; I took care of getting them off to bed; and then I came straight up to my room after that.



Michael and I decided not to get together after he was finished work tonight; mostly because he had some things to do too; and we both wanted to get a good night of rest ahead of our weekly camping night.  Yes, we do seem to have had too much of the responsibility ethic rubbing off on us from our parents, but that isn’t likely going to change for us; so we’ll just deal with it.  We don’t exactly have anything to complain about – though I suppose that some kids and teens would disagree with that when it comes to the work side of Michael’s life.



I only had the basic nightly computer checks left to do by the time I was tucked into bed with Mandy, so that didn’t take long to get finished; and there isn’t any major email news to report from around the family.  Christina did send me a mid-week update, and it sounds as though Jenny’s having fun hanging out with Jonathan and meeting all of his buddies, but Jenny’s apparently too busy to send any email of her own – though I haven’t checked with Rebecca to see if she heard any news from Jenny today.  She may be too busy now, but I’m sure that we’ll hear all about the trip when she gets back on Sunday – especially if she’s home in time to help out with the Sunday buffets.



That’s all I have for now, and while this wasn’t a very exciting day full of amazing adventure, I did have fun with Ethan and Ehlana; and with the rest of my family and Michael when we were together too; so I’m a happy camper.  With the extra sleep, I’ll be an even happier camper tomorrow night; so I’m going to get to that right now.



Live long and... oh wait, I already did that.  Now how am I supposed to end this?



This is the archive that never ends; yes it goes on and on my friends; some Magi started writing it not knowing what it was; and now we’re stuck with eons worth of useless facts because...



...This is the archive that never ends...



If I’m still around when you read this in the future, and can’t get that song out of your head; please don’t yell at me – it seems funny to me right now.



Yeah, you’re probably right – I’ll get some sleep now and see if my sense of humor can recover with a bit of rest.