Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Cassie's Journal - July 25, 2014



Happy 14th Birthday, Vanessa!

Tim was elected to drop off her gift from us today, but I didn’t see Vanessa at all; so that was the extent of my involvement in her big day.  I do hope that she’s had fun, but I’ve had a busy enough day; so not having a party to attend too was okay with me.

Our morning started out with a rush of activity that included an early football practice that meant skipping Tai Chi to do that instead – and we had a gang of kids with us too because Ryan and his buddies, and Ethan and Aiden wanted to come and watch the action at the park – even though we did that before breakfast.  The extra-early workout was mostly for Lucas so that the boys could practice; have breakfast; and still get him home in time to work on the farm with his father.  I was quarterback again, and Rowen played a bit more today again now that her arm is feeling a lot better; but Rebecca stayed on the sidelines and helped with kid control instead of playing too.  I was a bit surprised that two other guys made it to the park in time for most of the workout too, but if either of them are hoping to make the team this season; they have a lot of work to do to catch up to where Michael, Tim, and Lucas are right now – and they all want to be a lot better by the end of August too.

The guys did have fun this morning, though, and then we were off and running again – with Michael and Tim going back to Ryan’s house to help out with the work and kid control there while we went back to my house to have breakfast and clean up our own campground.  That was the last I saw of Michael until his afternoon break from the Inn.  He was busy with his cousin and then some chores at home; and I followed up the campground clean-up with cutting the lawn after everyone else left for the day.  I wanted to get that – and some gardening – out of the way today because we have three ball games on Saturday; and that work filled up the rest of my morning.

Without a birthday party to attend, I was free to spend the afternoon playing with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden; so that’s exactly what I did – with some help here and there from Alicia, Rowen, Tim, and Michael at different times when they were available to hang out with us.  There was a canoe ride and ice cream run to the Emporium that included a visit to the falls; a bike ride at the park; two swims; and some playground and back yard play time that kept us busy until dinnertime.  Michael worked the dinner shift at the Inn too because of baseball tomorrow too; so I was dateless for the optional dinner and a hang-out night that Mom and Dad hosted this week.

It was too nice of a day to do a movie night, and while Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack came for dinner; we mostly just had drop-in visitors while we played this evening because everyone else was busy.  Violet and Dillon were with us for dinner too, but then they were off and running to hang out with friends – and eventually with Jake and Stephanie too after they were done work for the night.  The friends and family visits were fun; but mostly cameo moments.  That worked for me too because we got to actually have some family time without the usual craziness; and it was just a fun, quiet evening.

Michael and I spent some time together after he was finished at the Inn too.  We went for a bedtime swim with Ethan and Ehlana; took care of tucking them in for the night; and then sat out by the river for a little bit of quiet cuddle time before he needed to head home and get some sleep.  The good news there is that he’s working the breakfast and lunch shifts at the Inn tomorrow; and then will have the rest of the day off for baseball and to hang out with me.  There is definitely going to be some alone time in our future tomorrow night if I have anything to say about it – and I do.

That’s one very good reason for me to wrap this up and get some sleep now too; though I should probably make sure that I’m rested up for my ball game.  For some reason, at least right at this moment; baseball isn’t the higher priority.  It’s probably a good thing that Michael will be at the Inn while I’m playing the game tomorrow.  I might have a tough time focusing on baseball if he was there and I was thinking about some play time with him instead of the action on the field.

I’d better not go there right now, or I won’t be sleeping for a while.  There isn’t anything else to write about from today, and the nightly computer checks were quick and easy – I didn’t even have any family business work that needed to get done tonight.  Other than baseball, it should be a fairly quiet weekend – which will fit right in with my Michael and me alone time plan for tomorrow night.

Let’s hope that works out for us, but for now, I’m out of here; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!