Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - July 3, 2014



It’s not late, and I’m already writing this because we’re having a very quiet start to our holiday weekend – at least here at our house.

I don’t really even have a lot to report today.  While pretty much everyone else was working; I spent the morning doing most of my usual weekend chores – including mowing the lawn and weeding the gardens.  It was after one by the time I finished that, so I got cleaned up and met up with Michael at the Inn.  We had a fries and drinks lunch; went biking with Rowen and Tim during most of his break; and wrapped up that couple of hours of fun with a swim in the river before he needed to get back to work and Rowen and Tim both moved on too.  I was home when Violet stopped in after working at the lab all day with Mom and Aunt Grace; so we had a little chat while she finished packing for her weekend away; and then she was off and running after a quick round of hugs and kisses to get Dillon at his house and hit the road for Woodvale.

We had dinner at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house, and got there in time to run next door and say goodbye to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace before they left for Granite Park; but then they were on the road for their weekend away too; and it suddenly seemed very quiet for a while with just us; Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack.  Christina was around town too, but with Josiah and his family for dinner; since her family didn’t be get into town until later.

Even though I knew we weren’t having a house full of guests this weekend; I still thought that we’d be busier – either helping Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, or hanging out with his family.  That didn’t happen, though, and since Michael, Rowen, and Tim were all busy with work or their own families; I didn’t really have anything to do except take it easy and hang out with my family.  All of the members of the inbound Johnson and McEwan families had not be able to get on the road early; so the first wave is just getting into town now – and they’re over at Aunt Deborah and Uncle Nick’s house.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne are getting the McEwans and a few extras, except for Tory and Kyle.  They’ll be at the Inn all weekend as part of the tail-end of their honeymoon.

I have no idea why their collective families thought that it was a bad idea to put newlyweds in any house full of kid cousins. ;^)

Mom and Dad took Ethan, Ehlana, and me home by a bit after eight; I took the twins for a swim; and then we did the full bath and bedtime routine ahead of the Fourth of July festivities.  I came up to my room once Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in and hopped into my Jacuzzi for a soak.  I took care of a bit of family business while doing that; followed the tub time up with a short music practice to make sure I was ready for the parade tomorrow; and then hopped into bed with Mandy to do this and an email check.

My favorite outbound family members arrived in Woodvale and Granite Park safely, and while I’d like to have them here for the weekend – and the rest of our family; that’s really only going to mean that we have a little less work around here and it isn’t as if Michael and I will be lacking for family time between us.  The extra sleep tonight is an unexpected bonus, so I should probably just wrap this up and take advantage of it.  I’m sure there will be a lot more to cover with tomorrow’s update, and though last year was really great, this is technically the first Fourth of July for Michael and me since we didn’t ‘officially’ start dating until Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s wedding two days after the Fourth last year; so there’s a very good chance we’ll be in for another best-ever-so-far kind of day.

I am so going to be fully charged and ready for that; so, until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!