Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cassie's Journal - June 9, 2014



The top news event in the Ridge River area was the official opening today of Dr. Colt Carter’s Veterinary clinic at the Ridge River Ranch today.  He has already been taking care of animals while the work on the clinic was finished and they had it set up; but there was an open house and mini celebration today; and having a new vet in the area is definitely way overdue.

My day probably wasn’t as exciting as Dr. Colt’s; but it has been pretty good for a school-day Monday.  The end-of-year wrap up officially began today, and whether that meant starting to clean up or just wind down the last week with play time; everything we did was fun.  Though it had been cloudy with some spits of rain all day, our lunchtime weather was great for being outdoors; and the boys had a good turnout for football for the first time in a week now that exams are over.  Rowen and I spent that time chatting with Rebecca, Jenny, and some of the other girls while the scrimmage game was going on; and Jenny spent some of that time teasing Rebecca about her burgeoning relationship with Lucas.  Cassie wasn’t the only girl in the group to suspect that the comments and jokes were at least partly masking the ‘now why didn’t I notice that he’d gotten so hot over the past year’ thoughts that seemed obvious to Cassie by the way Jenny watched Lucas as he played football with the other guys – once again on the ‘skins’ team for the day with an expression on her face of regret.

Rebecca has nothing to worry about – best friends forever rules are very clear when it comes to things like boyfriends – and Lucas is Rebecca’s boyfriend now even if they haven’t exactly totally made that official yet.  Jenny wouldn’t even dream of messing with that any more than Rowen or I would do that to each other.  Maybe that sacred trust gets broken elsewhere; but not here in Witch Falls – not ever.

Before you go rushing back through my journals to re-read the reports from back before Michael and I were a couple or Rowen and Tim got together; the key to the above is ‘best friends forever’.  I wasn’t suggesting that there is never any teen relationship drama here – if you’re old enough to be reading this in my future; then you know that anyway.  If you are reading this and haven’t yet experienced having a best friend forever – go out and get one!  I highly recommend it, and while I think that mine is especially amazing; that’s how you’re supposed to feel about them – which is pretty much the point that you know for sure that you’ve found your life-long BFF.

One of the really great things about the last week of school is that there is no homework.  Pretty much everyone had first stacks of returned papers, assignments, and project to take home – or throw out if they didn’t want to do that – but there wasn’t any work to do.  After school playing was an option; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I opted for some trail riding at the park.  We have not done enough of that – or just having some teen fun together without either adults or kids with us; so that was a nice little adventure.

I was with Michael at his house for dinner tonight, and while it’s too bad that his baseball practiced got rained out when it started to get wet at dinnertime and was pouring by shortly before seven; we were both really happy with the chance for some alternate fun time instead.  Let’s not forget to mention that the dinner that Jacob and Jake put together for us was delicious, and that I loved spending that time having fun with Michael and his family; but the highlight of my night was the music and play time with Michael in his room.  We practiced the music for the praise team while doing my guitar lesson; sang a few random favorites that we like to play around with while turning them into duets; and then, as Miranda teased us later; we spent some quality, non-verbal time ‘practicing the rests’.

We weren’t resting; but we were laying down on his bed for quite a bit of that time! ;^)

Michael and I made it back downstairs with enough time left before I needed to go home to have a nice long chat with his parents and Rebecca.  Jake and Stephanie had gone out to hang out with Violet, Dillon, and some other friends; so it was just the five of us.  We didn’t really talk about anything important, but then it was really just the being together that I loved the most anyway.  Now that Michael and I are about to join Rebecca in high school, we’re all interested in doing more things together again – though not looking like little kids anymore by comparison to her helps a bit too.  Michael’s an inch or so taller than she is now – a fact that he’s quite happy about; and I’m only about an inch shorter than Rebecca.

I know, but even a teen Magi Master has to deal with real life; and it was hard for both Rebecca and I to feel comfortable when she was quite a bit taller than me – not to mention a lot curvier and dealing with puberty issues that weren’t something that she wanted to talk about with a ‘kid’.  It’s much more fun now – especially when we can talk about things like her new boyfriend and other important girl chat stuff!

I headed home during a break in the rain – or it at least lightened up enough that I didn’t get soaked during the little walk.

Sharing front-porch goodnight kisses to the pitter-patter of a soft rain is very romantic – give it a try sometime!

Ethan and Ehlana were just finishing up one of their college exams when I got home, so I had a little visit with Mom and Dad in the office while they did that; we did a bedtime snack and daily recap next; and then I tucked them in for the night before going back downstairs to do my Magi lesson with Mom in the office.  It was after eleven by the time I was done and came up here to get ready for bed; so that made for a late start to my study and work time once I was finally snuggled in bed with Mandy.

She has, by the way, advised me that we need to spend more time together.  Playing with Ethan, Ehlana, and their friends is an option for her; but I haven’t spent enough time with her lately.  I’ll get right on that as soon as we’re finished school on Friday, Mandy!

As mentioned in my last update, I want to get some work done this week; so I’ve spent the last three and a half hours studying languages, reading my archive assignments, and doing the family business work that was next on my work to-do list.  Michael and I are going to be busy again tomorrow with band practice after school and our teen praise team practice after dinner; so I’d better wrap this up and get started on the nap that I still have time for.  There wasn’t anything newsworthy via email tonight, and the studying and work was interesting and sometimes entertaining; but I won’t bore you with the details of language nuances or facts and figures from our businesses.

I do know that most people find that kind of thing mind-numbingly tedious and dry, so let’s just concede that I’m weird when it comes to that area of my life and move along.

We’re supposed to have more rain again tomorrow, but I’ll be indoors most of the time anyway; so let it rain.  Maybe we’ll get all of that out of the system so that we can have an entire summer of hot, sunny weather to enjoy while we’re free of school for the next ten weeks!

That’s it for now, though; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!