Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cassie's Journal - June 19, 2014



Well, we are getting rain today as forecast, but the good news is that we only had one little rain shower around lunchtime through until after I was home and indoors for the night after both our baseball practice and a follow-up swim in the river with a small gang of kids and teens.

The big shopping trip is in the morning, so I’m going to keep this short and get some sleep so I’ll be ready for it.

First up for the day was Tai Chi by the river with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana while Rowen had some cuddle time with Zack and they watched us exercise.  Rowen and I had breakfast with her family after that, and then I spent the morning helping Alicia with Ethan and Ehlana until Mom, Violet, and Dillon got home again from Crystal Springs.  They came bearing gifts of fast food for Aunt Leanne, and the timing was great because they gave all of us something to do while that little spat of rain rolled through town.

I was set free for the afternoon while pretty much everyone else was busy working at home, the office, or the lab; but Rowen was happy to hang out with me and mostly have a lazy day afternoon that included some swimming with the boys during Michael’s break and a fair bit of doing nothing except enjoying the hot, beautiful day.  She stayed to have dinner with Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and me; and then we went to baseball practice.  Tim and Lucas were there and played football while we were busy; and Michael joined them for that once he was finished helping out at the Inn for the night.

Claire let Lucas and Emma come home with us for that swim; and we probably had nearly half of our baseball team there too – along with Ethan, Ehlana, Violet, Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie.  Mom and Claire sat out on the back porch with cold drinks and watched the show from a safe distance.  I have no idea why they’d think that a gang of mostly-younger teens would be scary!

Oh wait – they saw what happened to the snack offerings after the swim.  Never mind!

With a lot of people around, Michael and I didn’t exactly get a chance for any earth-shaking kind of goodnight kisses, but it has been a pretty good day considering we were supposed to get rained out; so that one little disappointment isn’t really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  After everyone else was gone – including Violet and Dillon – I helped Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed; did a Magi lesson with her; and then we both spent some time with our Jacuzzis.  I took care of some family business work while doing that; and then hopped into bed with Mandy to finish up my usual nightly computer checks.  There are quite a few email flying around about Tory and Kyle’s wedding on Saturday; but I definitely feel like I’m on the outside looking in on all of that – because I am.  Some friends were sending suggestions around for our shopping trip in the morning too, and Rowen and I might be able to do a few things with them tomorrow, but since Aunt Leanne won’t be with us for that because she’s going to be with Uncle Adam, Zack, and the rest of the Johnson-McEwan clan for the wedding; we’ll stay close to Mom and help her out with Ethan and Ehlana for most of the day.

Finally, we’re going to have a smaller shopping group this time, and that mostly seems to be due to Aunt Leanne’s absence; though there are some other summer holiday timing issues this year.  I’m sure that we’ll still have a great day; but it will be just a bit less fun without Aunt Leanne, Aunt Deborah, and some of our other favorite shopping friends.

We do still have a breakfast buffet at the Inn before we leave, though, and that’ll at least give me a chance to spend a little time with Michael before we leave our boys behind and head for the city.  I’d better get started on that nap time so I’ll be ready for that goodbye hug and kiss too – I’ll want to make sure that Michael doesn’t forget me while I’m away for the day!

Yes, I know that he won’t; but why let a little thing like the facts get in the way of having fun?

Okay, that really is it for tonight; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!